**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Zero $ spent so far. Anyone else?

Am i the only one who hasn't spent a single penny on this game?

Reading the forums hearing folks dropping hundreds if not thousands of actual $, all i can do is shake my head. I'd rather pay rent.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    Lol. I've probably dropped about 200$ on the game throughout 2-3 years
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Honestly spent a single dollar on this game for the Summoner's Choice crystal...didn't before, haven't since, never will again, unless they give a similar offer. And I got stark spider man, so it was worth it.
  • Options
    TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    What remark was condescending?

Anyways, I Prob spent 30 bucks in 2 yrs.
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Your still low mate. But to get to the top you got 2 options spend money or grind hard. You gotta weight it up really 8hrs a day grinding or buy a random deal here or there. Money equals time so you're paying either way.
  • Options
    Hulk_SmellsHulk_Smells Posts: 183
    edited February 2018
    I hate you @King_L0kiB34r. I spent 6000 units (earned from arenas) on night stalker crystal and didn't even get 4* Blade
  • Options
    Scurvy42Scurvy42 Posts: 53
    I might have spent a little...

https://youtu.be/tweD6qq8kjw

Lol! Holy ****! #WorthIt!
  • Options
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    Your still low mate. But to get to the top you got 2 options spend money or grind hard. You gotta weight it up really 8hrs a day grinding or buy a random deal here or there. Money equals time so you're paying either way.

Yeah that's prob true, i just have no desire at this point. Time is the currency i have, and being top dog isn't something i need to fight for.

I'm only lvl39, have only 2 4*s (rogue and widow), neither dupped, and nothing higher. Given what I've read and my general luck, i'll be stuck near the middle of the bell curve anyway.

I figure i my as well milk the F2P part as much as i can and see how **** it is lol and hey, if i win the lottery who knows what'll happen! :smiley:
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Timros wrote: »

The OP's remark was pretty condescending. He created a post simply to say that he hasn't spent money on this game, not a question, not a bug report, not a helpful tip, just that he gives all that spend money on this game a derisive head shake.

Most working stiffs make more money per hour than what it takes in time to grind on this game. So from a cost benefit ratio it makes more sense to drop a few bucks than to grind, but I guess the the OP lacks the understanding.
  • Options
    RedRooster wrote: »
    Timros wrote: »

The OP's remark was pretty condescending. He created a post simply to say that he hasn't spent money on this game, not a question, not a bug report, not a helpful tip, just that he gives all that spend money on this game a derisive head shake.

Most working stiffs make more money per hour than what it takes in time to grind on this game. So from a cost benefit ratio it makes more sense to drop a few bucks than to grind, but I guess the the OP lacks the understanding.

Actually i shook my head after mentioning "hundreds if not thousands" if you read.

And you realise its a free game... if kabam had an issue with no one spending money they can very easily change that. So folks playing for literal free is obviously part of their metrics.

And no, 'the op' lacks the hundreds/thousands and has different real life priorities than dropping that much scratch on any video game.

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    2 years playing, only buy the 1 dollar crystal and thats it

this game usually lags, crash, and you die not by your fault, too much mistakes to spend money on it
  • Options
    2 years playing, only buy the 1 dollar crystal and thats it

this game usually lags, crash, and you die not by your fault, too much mistakes to spend money on it

Certainly another regular concern i see, and understandable. At least in that i seem to be lucky, have a hand-me-down s7e with pink line but haven't had any lag issues or major ui bugs. Have recorded a few bugs, which are of course inevitable in any software, but nothing major (invis nightcrawler bug sucked but i won so yay).

Haven't been following along close enough to have an opinion on kabams general bug response yet.

Far easier to forgive bugs, etc when you have only invested time.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Does the $1 count? Oh sh00t!!!! :(
  • Options
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Does the $1 count? Oh sh00t!!!! :(

Nothing wrong with it, to each their own! :smile:

I'm just curious how many others are keeping it fully F2P.
  • Options
    Pokemaster66Pokemaster66 Posts: 45
    Maybe like $40
  • Options
    SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    I've only spent $1 on this game, worth it but over $1 for me is ridiculous XD
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Obviously if the choice is between MCOC and rent, you should pay rent.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Spent about $40 in the first year, then 12.0 hit, spent $1 since.
  • Options
    AMFAMF Posts: 83
    Games like this operate on the Pareto Principle, also known as the 80-20 Rule. It states that 80% of effects are a consequence of 20% of causes. And, consequently, 20% of effects are produced by the other 80% of causes. Obviously these are generalized figures. But they hold relatively true when it comes to addictions: freemium games, gambling, alcohol, narcotics, fast food, etc.

In other words, a whopping majority of Kabam's money (80%ish) comes from a small group (20%ish) of heavy users (like the gentleman who spent $1,000 on Blade crystals). A very small amount comes from people who spend on only the most exclusive of offers. In short, most people pay little money or no money at all to play; they are sustained by the tragically addicted and the filthily rich.

As for me, I have not yet felt compelled to pay. YET!!!
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    I've spent about $100-$125 on this game over 2.5 years. Most of my purchases have been $15 or less. Despite its flaws I enjoy the game and don't mind dropping a few bucks on it here and there. I've wasted money on worse things.
  • Options
    If you enjoy the game why not spend some money on it? People spend money on monthly subscriptions to other games. That being said, there is no way someone spending thousands won’t have buyers remorse after the shine has worn off of the game.
    Myself, I’m a cheapskate with kids so maybe a few bucks here or there. Honestly though, with the percentage drop chance from these crystals, I would probably want to break something after spending real money to get a 2 star. :wink:
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 22
    Spent a little myself but I dont really regret it (except for those t4cc i used on DS). The game provides you plenty of opportunities to get great rewards if you are patient and have TONS OF LUCK as a F2P player. Thats why I rarely complain about rewards.
  • Options
    I actually enjoy the “getting there” part of the game. If I was already fully loaded with good characters I would probably be bored and not be playing.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    w00dy14 wrote: »
    I actually enjoy the “getting there” part of the game. If I was already fully loaded with good characters I would probably be bored and not be playing.

Same. The game is a marathon, not a sprint. I've never been in a rush to complete all available content or get each and every champ. I was lucky to get in with a great group of people early on and have just been having fun with it.
  • Options
    I’ve spent around 101 bucks, 30 for a gifting badge deal, 30 for t4 deal, 40 on units, and 1 dollar on that summoner choice crystal, but that was mostly years ago, now I know not to spend on this game unless it’s a 4* for a dollar again lol
  • Options
    nishantnishant Posts: 30
    Scurvy42 wrote: »
    Am i the only one who hasn't spent a single penny on this game?

Reading the forums hearing folks dropping hundreds if not thousands of actual $, all i can do is shake my head. I'd rather pay rent.

Thanks for reading!

i have not dropped a single penny on this game, i have been playing for 3 years. I got the 1$ crystal through play credit that i earned through google surveys.
  • Options
    Ashesudeeni1Ashesudeeni1 Posts: 49
    I've only spent 0.99 on the summoners choice crystal and that was with free play store credit lol.