**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Green Goblin: Trial of the Heart

Comments

• Options
    Pokemaster66Pokemaster66 Posts: 45
    I used a Civil Warrior to power drain and heal block
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Void for the win. Lots of other good options here though.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    If you brought Guillotine then you should be all set lol. No use all of us suggesting other champs than what you have in the quest. Next time bring Voodoo/AA/Yondu/etc/etc.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I used Voodoo. Took me 76 hits with a 4/40 sig 99 4* Voodoo. You have to time it right to use his 1st special attack as the overload is on Goblin.
  • Options
    Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Guillotine will be your best friend if you have her. Otherwise Star Lord
  • Options
    Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    or a great poison champ like AA or Abomination. Heal block like Vision or CW
  • Options
    TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    My R4 5* Angela killed him in 50 hits. Evade til the initial overload times out, there’s no need to give him that power! Guillotine’s S2 or yondu’s S1 would be great for day 1.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    RSoxNo1 wrote: »
    I've got Star lord but the AI isn't aggressive enough. Green Goblin is far too difficult relative to the rest of this content. He is literally 10x more difficult than anyone else in any of these challenges.

Bugged Mordo on mesmerize is much harder.

For GG, heal block? Odd combo DV or other ability reducer to halt the overdrive? Guilly?

Only Iceman really stopped Mordo. You have options.

I used cm and destroyed mordo on that node.
    You gotta learn how to fight that node

Have a vid of this? What Rank was CM? The astral evade degeneration made that a really stupid fight if you didn't bring someone to stop the evasions so I'd like to see how CM managed to beat him down easily with class mismatch on top of that.
  • Options
    I've got Star lord but the AI isn't aggressive enough. Green Goblin is far too difficult relative to the rest of this content. He is literally 10x more difficult than anyone else in any of these challenges.

Bugged Mordo on mesmerize is much harder.

For GG, heal block? Odd combo DV or other ability reducer to halt the overdrive? Guilly?

Only Iceman really stopped Mordo. You have options.

I used cm and destroyed mordo on that node.
    You gotta learn how to fight that node

Have a vid of this? What Rank was CM? The astral evade degeneration made that a really stupid fight if you didn't bring someone to stop the evasions so I'd like to see how CM managed to beat him down easily with class mismatch on top of that.

I don't record every fight r4 5 star just wasn't a hard fight

There were threads made every time Mordo was on that node, so apparently some other people disagreed. I don't have an r4 5 star so that probably made a difference. If you remember, record that fight next time so I can learn how to play that node correctly. I'd love to see how Mordo was an easy fight when he hit stun/degen on every other attack I tried, so I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
  • Options
    yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    gullotinesp2,yondu sp1,duped aa
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    We all should know what the nodes are at this point. It’s on you to bring the right champs to deal with these nodes. I fight plenty of ggs in war on increased regen. AA solos him every time
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,684 ★★★★★
    Silly question but will Pun2099 auto heal block the arc overload?
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Kestrelle wrote: »

Maybe figuratively 10x worse, but definitely not literally

With the team that I brought (Wolverine, Guillotine, Gwenpool, Iceman, Star Lord) he's at least 10x worse. Admittedly part of the problem is I'm not as used to fighting Green Goblin, but the combination of massive regen, passive AI, and the inability to attack after his L1, L2 and Heavy make this a particularly challenging fight.

I also don't have Blade, Archangel or Dr. Voodoo which seem to be the obvious answers here. I suspect Black Widow will be on my team for these going forward. I've used too many resources to get 300 five star shards, I'll be exiting out of this one as well.

You forgot Scarlet.
    186 hits to beat Ultron on that node with her though. It took me a few sp1 and 2's to realize he absorbed them at +200%. I was like "where is all that extra health coming from?". Duh! After that, I would just smack away nullifying the little stuff and sp3 to nullify everything and start over again.

The next 2 nodes, wolvie, and Deadpool were done with AA and 33 hits each.

• Options
    Also as far as Guilly, I don't know how many people commented about her being an "easy sp2 and you're done" if any of you actually did that with her or what your star, rank, or level is with her but I know several players who had a very difficult time with this because they couldn't build souls. Maybe 4* 4/40.
    She must have souls to activate her heal reversal and that requires 6% health removed from the opponent to gain 1 soul. That can be really hard when they are regening like crazy. Just sayin....it happened to some folks without a powerful enough Guilly.
    I do call shenanigans on using a 3* guilly in this case though.
  • Options
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I pounded him with Angela. She hits harder than his regen. If you brought guilly and can’t figure it out, it’s a lost cause bro.

MUST be a Guilly strong enough to gain souls (1 per 6% of opponent health). I know some who went in with less than 5/50 4* and had a harder time than they thought. SP2 trick only works with souls. They time out in 10 seconds too.
  • Options
    Also as far as Guilly, I don't know how many people commented about her being an "easy sp2 and you're done" if any of you actually did that with her or what your star, rank, or level is with her but I know several players who had a very difficult time with this because they couldn't build souls. Maybe 4* 4/40.
    She must have souls to activate her heal reversal and that requires 6% health removed from the opponent to gain 1 soul. That can be really hard when they are regening like crazy. Just sayin....it happened to some folks without a powerful enough Guilly.
    I do call shenanigans on using a 3* guilly in this case though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but removing 1% 6 times should be enough to get the soul. It doesn't have to be 6% removed. So even if they are healing back up, you'll still accumulate souls.

The big thing would be to wait for overload to be coming up before you hit the s2. You can't just spam it out there every time it's available. I was using md4 with a 4/40 4 star and ran through everyone this way, and I never had an issue with souls.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Guilly also starts the fight with 4 souls, so you have to build up to her SP2 rather quickly to use those. At this point, the AI can still be at 100% and hopefully is generating some serious regen. Once you fire off an SP2 to activate the heal reversal, you have to continue being aggressive to get credit for the additional 6% losses to regain more souls and rebuild back to the SP2 again.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Loki with buff steal. Of course he's on my bench.
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    Kestrelle wrote: »

Maybe figuratively 10x worse, but definitely not literally

With the team that I brought (Wolverine, Guillotine, Gwenpool, Iceman, Star Lord) he's at least 10x worse. Admittedly part of the problem is I'm not as used to fighting Green Goblin, but the combination of massive regen, passive AI, and the inability to attack after his L1, L2 and Heavy make this a particularly challenging fight.

I also don't have Blade, Archangel or Dr. Voodoo which seem to be the obvious answers here. I suspect Black Widow will be on my team for these going forward. I've used too many resources to get 300 five star shards, I'll be exiting out of this one as well.

With this team it should have been 10x easier!

I used a 4* 5/50 star lord and was done in five minutes
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    ^^^ That is correct. Guilly starts the fight with 4 souls that expire one at a time every 10 seconds (down to 3 after 10 seconds, 2 after 20 seconds, etc), which means you have ~28 seconds to land her SP2 (to include time for animation) before her souls expire. She then earns one more soul each time 6% of the max health is removed from the AI. This means, if the AI starts at 100%, you earn one when the AI reaches 94%, 88%, 82%, etc regardless of how you got there. If one hit takes off 20% health, she will earn 3 souls.

This does not "reset" when the AI regenerates health. For example, once you've earned the 88% soul and then the AI regens 5% health, you will have to take the AI down 11% to get the next soul at 82%. This is why things like ROL Wolvie is so hard if you have to restart the fight with Wolvie at anything other than max health. You then have that much more to take down to get the next soul.

Each soul earned lasts for 10 seconds, but I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the timer for their expiration resets each time another soul is earned. Only reason I believe this is because I have been up to 17 souls and been in the fight long enough to be at my SP3.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    ^^^ That is correct. Guilly starts the fight with 4 souls that expire one at a time every 10 seconds (down to 3 after 10 seconds, 2 after 20 seconds, etc), which means you have ~28 seconds to land her SP2 (to include time for animation) before her souls expire. She then earns one more soul each time 6% of the max health is removed from the AI. This means, if the AI starts at 100%, you earn one when the AI reaches 94%, 88%, 82%, etc regardless of how you got there. If one hit takes off 20% health, she will earn 3 souls.

This does not "reset" when the AI regenerates health. For example, once you've earned the 88% soul and then the AI regens 5% health, you will have to take the AI down 11% to get the next soul at 82%. This is why things like ROL Wolvie is so hard if you have to restart the fight with Wolvie at anything other than max health. You then have that much more to take down to get the next soul.

Each soul earned lasts for 10 seconds, but I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the timer for their expiration resets each time another soul is earned. Only reason I believe this is because I have been up to 17 souls and been in the fight long enough to be at my SP3.

It doesnt reset
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    I had Goblin on the third node today. I ended up using Voodoo. Don’t know how many hits it took, but the fight was fairly long. I had lost my Hyperion to Iron Patriot (yeah, yeah I accidentally pushed him to S3 and that with the associated stun got me). I tried using Hood first for the hexes, but I’m still not really used to Goblin’s fighting style. Anyway, I got a bunch of Spirit Venoms stacked, but it was the S2 with the power burn that really seemed to turn things around.
  • Options
    GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    @RSoxNo1 go for SL I used him u need to get about 50 to 70 hits and sp3
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Used a 4* 440 guillotine with no real problems myself. Lots of other great champs already mentioned.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    5/50 Gwen pool. Took a second to get the cards to line up but she sliced him up really nice and had pumpkin pie for dessert
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I used Medusa. No extra synergies. Overpowered the regen easily