**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Hyperion be Nerfed?

Comments

• Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    A strong downside
    Nerfing is never the answer. The rest of the champions should be brought up to an even playing field instead of dooming champs to irrelevancy.

When was the last time you heard a complaint about a champion being boosted? (Other than them not boosting the champions you wanted them to). However, each time you nerf a champ there is an uproar. It's because people spent valuable resources, including real money, to obtain those champions; only to have their investments spat upon.

It's like if you go shell out the money for a Ferrari and as soon as the check clears the dealer goes and keys your car, or gives you a Dodge Neon instead (rip Dr. Strange).

Never nerf. Bring everyone else up.

I agree with that. But do u think it will happen?
  • Options
    Captain_HeroCaptain_Hero Posts: 93
    edited June 2017
    Hyperion is easy to beat in quests and AQ depending on the champ you bring in against him. He is a bit difficult in AW on power gain node but still very beatable. My ally usually beats him with 0 or 1 kill at the most.

Move along folks...there is nothing to see here.
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited June 2017
    A strong downside
    Hope kabam read this poll.
  • Options
    SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    I need him (LEAVE HIM ALONE)
    STOP these stupid NERF posts!!! I don't have Hyperion and HATE fighting him but PLEASE NO MORE NERFS!!! Hasn't there been enough damage done? Just make better champs.
  • Options
    RvT55RvT55 Posts: 3
    I want Hyperion as my next 4* champ. With that been said, I want him to stay as he is in the game. People are now figuring out ways to fight with him ( which is a good thing ). Not only will it develop a sense of competition, but also it will help us maintain our interests in this game.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I couldn't find the choice for "don't nerf him or anyone else ever again", must have been some mistake when you created this :)
  • Options
    OsteotomeOsteotome Posts: 51
    No he shouldn't be nerfed. You need to stop making these threads.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    cah6caakt8ht.jpg
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    Hopefully when ppl will start facing him at spite node, all or nothing node, power lock immune node more at various mcoc quest then the call will change.

I fought him today on all or nothing node. Scarlett Witch made short work of him and didn't break a sweat.
  • Options
    Hyperion can easily be beat with any bleed champ, any power management champ, duped magnetos, even LC if you don't waste your Indestructible buff on a regular hit. The question is. . . did you bring any of those champs to AW?
  • Options
    Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I agree that he can be tough to beat, but it's not impossible. I don't have him and I don't need him, would be great to have him but not NEEDED. I've beat most of the new content without him. You should've had another option

-stop nerfing champions-
  • Options
    TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Nerf everyone who I have a hard time fighting against
    /s
  • Options
    AJ_Tiger03AJ_Tiger03 Posts: 33
    These posts calling for champs to nerfed need to stop. Nerfing champs does not help the players at all. Why would you advocate something that hurts the playing community?
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Bring back the old gods
    Champions should not be NERF. Never ever unless there's a bug that made the champion not work as expected, and that is a bug fix.. not a nerf.

Elevate the lesser champs. Always elevate the lesser champs. NEVER NERF, Always Elevate.
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Yes that is what we need. More nerfed champs. And then when they nerf him there will be inevitably more people that complain nothing deals damage in this game. How about instead of thinking something needs a nerf we swutch the mindset and start thinking what needs a buff?
  • Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Nerfing is never the answer. The rest of the champions should be brought up to an even playing field instead of dooming champs to irrelevancy.

When was the last time you heard a complaint about a champion being boosted? (Other than them not boosting the champions you wanted them to). However, each time you nerf a champ there is an uproar. It's because people spent valuable resources, including real money, to obtain those champions; only to have their investments spat upon.

It's like if you go shell out the money for a Ferrari and as soon as the check clears the dealer goes and keys your car, or gives you a Dodge Neon instead (rip Dr. Strange).

Never nerf. Bring everyone else up.

Hey... I liked my neon. Lol.
    (Their point stands though, nerfing is nothing short of breech of contract, only we don't have the power to call it that because Kabam has all control)
  • Options
    Antony687Antony687 Posts: 87
    Shut up, u wanna nerf hyperion if ur not able to play him u r a noob, i cleared hyperion in minutes dude
  • Options
    dlsss3t61ciz.png
  • Options
    If u r a noob u cry before hyperion go and play map 1 and event quest beginner mode dude dont ruin us
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    Hope kabam read this poll.

i hope so too, because more people voted to leave him alone than any other option
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Ugh... can't beat him so nerf him. I hate to resort to calling someone dumb but it's clear you haven't thought this through. Anytime I see someone asking for a nerf of a champ I lose faith in people's intelligence. Some champs should be more desirable than others or they will all suck. Do what others have done and build up your roster.
  • Options
    Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Go for Hood when his arena comes up. His stagger is a passive so you can place them when Hyperion is on debuff immune. Stop calling for nerf when you can practice baiting specials or just step your game up.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    KILL HIM
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Ugh... can't beat him so nerf him. I hate to resort to calling someone dumb but it's clear you haven't thought this through. Anytime I see someone asking for a nerf of a champ I lose faith in people's intelligence. Some champs should be more desirable than others or they will all suck. Do what others have done and build up your roster.

It's not the fact he's unbeatable but champions with his level of power were killed off in V13! DS got a significant power gain reduction and Thor was massively weakened
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

It's not the fact he's unbeatable but champions with his level of power were killed off in V13! DS got a significant power gain reduction and Thor was massively weakened

First it was V12.0 and he's nowhere near as powerful as the old Thor or SW. I still disagree with the Dr. Strange nerf, two wrongs do not make a right!
  • Options
    KILL HIM

First it was V12.0 and he's nowhere near as powerful as the old Thor or SW. I still disagree with the Dr. Strange nerf, two wrongs do not make a right!

Honestly I'd be PERFECTLY FINE if he just lost his Power Gain… or had it severely hindered by having a 5-9 second power lock each time he reaches a full bar. This is removed when the timer ends or he uses a special attack. It is not influenced by the enemy reducing his power and have it weaken as he reaches 100% power and make him only gain 75% power from attacking and getting hit (and his signature can be updated to reduce the lock from 9 seconds to 5, and let him gain 85% power from normal fight actions)
  • Options
    KILL HIM

Honestly I'd be PERFECTLY FINE if he just lost his Power Gain… or had it severely hindered by having a 5-9 second power lock each time he reaches a full bar. This is removed when the timer ends or he uses a special attack. It is not influenced by the enemy reducing his power and have it weaken as he reaches 100% power and make him only gain 75% power from attacking and getting hit (and his signature can be updated to reduce the lock from 9 seconds to 5, and let him gain 85% power from normal fight actions)

His Power Gain and stackable Incinerate are what make him unique. Other than that, he's just another Champ. There are many ways to deal with him. Power Drain, Power Steal, Nullify, Counterspell, even YJ is good for Champs prone to using Specials. Some Champs have strengths in certain areas. They can't nerf every part of the game that presents a challenge. That would make for a very boring game.

His problem isn't his uniqueness it's the shear absurdatey of how his unique abilities impact the rest of the game
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017

His Power Gain and stackable Incinerate are what make him unique. Other than that, he's just another Champ. There are many ways to deal with him. Power Drain, Power Steal, Nullify, Counterspell, even YJ is good for Champs prone to using Specials. Some Champs have strengths in certain areas. They can't nerf every part of the game that presents a challenge. That would make for a very boring game.

His problem isn't his uniqueness it's the shear absurdatey of how his unique abilities impact the rest of the game

The rest of the game? AQ and the occasional War do not constitute as a major imbalance. One or two areas with one or two strengths do not an OP Champ make.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is a good defender, but he is not god tier if you know how to fight against him.
    In offense, he is only good if you spam heavy attacks. Not to mention that they can whiff a lot.

He has utility. He doesn't impact the game in any way since he needs to build up his attack.
    He doesn't need a nerf, and that's why he wasn't changed in update 12.0