**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Energy cost for event quest normal way must be reduced

Akarsh383Akarsh383 Posts: 76
edited February 2018 in Suggestions and Requests

Energy cost for event quest normal way must be reduced 63 votes

Yes
52%
RB6942Noob_2yrsThat_Dude52NinjAlanJayMMBigDWSURoceradqqedfyvrSovenduSeKoGAM3RGUYF4k3_GaM3rWildpantsRavenrob_33RockermanCodornasTahusanLt_Magnum_1vinniegainzNemesis666 33 votes
No
47%
Elijah1929danielmathcradlemanLeNoirFaineantEb0ny-O-M4wAjavedstakRaganatorVossler77DropfaithAxeCopFirePrimmer79TonyStarkmeoreanThereticSpiritOfVengeancePandamanTanDrewbe14Hammerbro_64Icecold2099 30 votes

Comments

• meoreanmeorean Posts: 57
    No
    Why?
  • Akarsh383Akarsh383 Posts: 76
    Yes
    meorean wrote: »
    Why?

It'll be easier for low level players like those who are at level 15 to 25
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    No
    Akarsh383 wrote: »
    Why?

The game is about progression.
  • Normal mode energy costs for full explore are usually around 1300-ish. At level 15 your energy cap is I believe 33.

So even if you only used your energy twice a day, did not ask for alliance help and did not use energy refills, you'd finish normal mode in about 20 days of play. And this is an extremely low level of play at an extremely low progress level. The energy cap at level 25 is 43. Using that twice a day completes normal mode in about two weeks.

I am not even including the fact that at level 15 you'd likely be leveling up more than once before a monthly event concluded.

Also, higher level players don't get more energy per se, they get a larger energy reserve. That means things like they have more energy saved up when they wake up in the morning, but they earn energy at the same rate during the day - one point every six minutes or ten points per hour. The larger energy cap does translate into more energy when using energy refills and of course you can play less frequently without capping out energy. But even players at the max energy cap are generally playing during the day to use energy efficiently without capping out. I would expect most lower level players actually interested in completing as much content as possible to be doing likewise.
  • Akarsh383Akarsh383 Posts: 76
    Yes
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Normal mode energy costs for full explore are usually around 1300-ish. At level 15 your energy cap is I believe 33.

So even if you only used your energy twice a day, did not ask for alliance help and did not use energy refills, you'd finish normal mode in about 20 days of play. And this is an extremely low level of play at an extremely low progress level. The energy cap at level 25 is 43. Using that twice a day completes normal mode in about two weeks.

I am not even including the fact that at level 15 you'd likely be leveling up more than once before a monthly event concluded.

Also, higher level players don't get more energy per se, they get a larger energy reserve. That means things like they have more energy saved up when they wake up in the morning, but they earn energy at the same rate during the day - one point every six minutes or ten points per hour. The larger energy cap does translate into more energy when using energy refills and of course you can play less frequently without capping out energy. But even players at the max energy cap are generally playing during the day to use energy efficiently without capping out. I would expect most lower level players actually interested in completing as much content as possible to be doing likewise.

Damn! That was quite an explanation.Thanks
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Yes
    With the addition to uncollected mode, lots of expert players could use energy cost reduction in monthly quest for units.
  • Hey Akarsh383, I've moved this thread over to the Suggestions and Requests section of the forum.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    Although I welcome energy cost reduction, but I certainly would like better if they can increase the energy CAP (ceiling). We were limited by max 70/70 for VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG!!!! This game is about progression, but one thing I'm sure about the cap is that it has been STAGNANT for eternity!!!
  • Raganator wrote: »
    Akarsh383 wrote: »
    Why?

The game is about progression.

Exactly. Progression in a game like this goes towards everything. From gameplay to character development. We higher players have been stuck at 70 for EVER. You don't think upping that to 90-100 would be a.....progressive step? 75-80% of the players are kids and to keep the appeal of the game going for the next couple generations you must adapt and change to your customer base. Energy usage reduction for lower levels is progression. They're trying to progress, to catch up to some of us.