**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Converting PHCs to Grandmasters

Dear Kabam

So after opening what feels like my 50th 2* in a row from a PHC I began contemplating my, and other end game players, progression. 2*s are worthless for us and there needs to be a change. Luckily we already have it with the Grandmaster crystal. The problem is that it's not widely available like PHCs. Here is my solution.
Just as gaining the Uncollected title grants you access to new crystals and content, I think players who have 100% explored Act 5 and received the Elders Bane title should start earning Grandmaster crystals and shards wherever they would normally get PHCs. Now if that's overly complicated to code and program then a simpler solution could be to add a PHC to Grandmaster converter in the crystal menu. The conversion would be 1:1 (i.e. 500 PHC shards become 500 Grandmaster shards or 1 fully formed PHC becomes 1 fully formed Grandmaster crystal). As drastic of a change as this may sound, remember that Grandmasters have the same drop rate as PHCs. If we assume that people are opening 100 Grandmaster crystals a month, that's only an extra 1-3 5*s that people would get per month.
I think this is a good solution to the slower progression in the end game community and for the game as a whole because it still makes you work for it. Instead of just handing out 5* shards to everyone through the calendar or bumping up rewards, which arguably still need to be done in certain areas, people still need to progress through the story quest, like they do for becoming Uncollected, and afterward they still have to grind arenas, event quests and alliance/solo events in order to get the Grandmaster crystals and shards (or PHCs to convert them depending on the method you choose to add). This rewards skill and dedication to the game, it doesn't make things too easy on the new player, like handing them 5* shards would, and it gives mid level players another thing to strive for after becoming Uncollected.

Sincerely SHIELD_Agent_10

Comments

• Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Im willing to convert 6000 PHC shared for 1 GMC! 3 for 1 ratio is good enough!
  • Options
    WhoKnowsITWhoKnowsIT Posts: 87
    Premiums are useless at this current level ingame so boring... 2* 2* 2* and when you finally get a 4* its one of many **** champs... i mean 4* are the new 3* at the moment
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I usually don't even open PHC until I have 50-100. I'd be happy to convert them to GM at 3 to 1
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    2 to 1 or 3 to 1 are fine with me too
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    **** even 5 to 1 most people would take.
  • Options
    EmmanuelcoastEmmanuelcoast Posts: 170
    I like this idea it makes sense. Just have to tweek the numbers