**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hyperion need to be nerf

Hyperion power gain ability need to be nerf. It pops up way to fast there no reprieve in between of activation. it to powerful so plz nerf the time between activation.

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    He is a one-trick pony. Bait his special attacks and just bash away.

Only time he really sucks is when he's on a Thanos/Kang team in arenas and waits for his SP3.
  • ArmyBratArmyBrat Posts: 87
    Birdofprey wrote: »
    The trick to Hyperion is Magik. See what I did there? oh yea.

How punny of you.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★

the thing is not everyone will have a 4 or 5 star Magik to use
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

Not everyone has Magik. I agree that Hype shouldn’t be nerfed, but I just thought I’d point that out
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Or maybe get a power control champ!!

This discussion happens way too often. Most champs have a counter, Hyp is no exception, but I agree he can be quite difficult to fight against.

if you absolutely require a counter to beat a certain champ, that's an indication of said champ being OP.

ask yourself: how the fight goes if you use a champ that isn't particularly weak or strong against him? or in other words, neither of them counters the other?
    is playing a champ that counters him the only way to beat him?

when someone complains about a champ and your answer is to play counters, ask yourself this

Yes I did ask myself that. The counter is needed if you are not particularly good at baiting specials.
    I can beat hyp with my Guillotine or Angela.

Also power control champs are plenty, if you know about them. It isnt as rare as ability reduction.
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    you can kill hyp without getting hit or even block hit
    just learn how to bait him ...
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    uhh....no. you can fight him without a power controller. 4 hits, back off. I swear 50% of the time he's using his l1 after that. Just don't complete your combo if he has a bar or more of power. Just fight slow, and bait.
    Or maybe get a power control champ!!

This discussion happens way too often. Most champs have a counter, Hyp is no exception, but I agree he can be quite difficult to fight against.

if you absolutely require a counter to beat a certain champ, that's an indication of said champ being OP.

ask yourself: how the fight goes if you use a champ that isn't particularly weak or strong against him? or in other words, neither of them counters the other?
    is playing a champ that counters him the only way to beat him?

when someone complains about a champ and your answer is to play counters, ask yourself this

You DON’T need s specific counter. I’ve beatin Hype countless timed and never used Magik
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    You don't have to have Magik to beat Hyperion.

Use a power control champ - HawkEye, Magik, Civil Warrior, Starky, Psylocke, Gwenpool and many others
    Use Iceman if you have it - Can take his sp3 all day long
    Use your skills and bait out sp1 and sp2

Just because a champ is a good defender doesn't mean there has to be a nerf. ..

whats next? Nerf dorm degen, icemans coldsnap, memphistos incinerate, AAs neurotoxins ...
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I would’ve agreed with you when he was on that ridiculous power gain node as a boss in the Sentry/Void monthly quest...I was using every power controller I had and he was still annoying.

But typically he isn’t too tough to bait, he really enjoys using his laser eye beams if you give him ample opportunity.
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    imnoone wrote: »
    You don't have to have Magik to beat Hyperion.

Use a power control champ - HawkEye, Magik, Civil Warrior, Starky, Psylocke, Gwenpool and many others
    Use Iceman if you have it - Can take his sp3 all day long
    Use your skills and bait out sp1 and sp2

Just because a champ is a good defender doesn't mean there has to be a nerf. ..

whats next? Nerf dorm degen, icemans coldsnap, memphistos incinerate, AAs neurotoxins ...

Plus a nerf does not help the player base overall. Once you get a Hyperion and see how useful his power gain is in questing then you will change your mind.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    TheDemon wrote: »
    rare or not, the fact remains that you need to use a specific kind of champion

Specific kind...not just a single champion. He does not need to be nerfed. You can face him if you are good at baiting.

EXACTLY!! These people don't know how to fight Hyperion, are new or probably don't even have him.
    He is a nuance, but a nuance that can be controlled.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Ghost rider, Magik, scarlet witch, dr s, dr voodoo, vision, og vision, dormamu, and plenty others. You don't need a specific counter.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Ghost rider, Magik, scarlet witch, dr s, dr voodoo, vision, og vision, dormamu, and plenty others. You don't need a specific counter.

Void belongs there too. But also
    Even most bleed champs kill him pretty quick.
    And this isn’t even mentioning ability reduction champs.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    dis is not da wae
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

No, there is a specific type of fighting style that is needed. You cannot just button mash your typical "parry, combo, repeat" like you can against the other 90% of the champs in the game.

Certain champs just make it easier. At least 20% of the "old" available roster has something that works.

Power control
    Both visions
    Magik
    Hawkeye
    Winter Soldier
    Psylocke

Nullify
    Scarlet Witch (nullify + power control)
    Hood (stagger + invisibility)
    Voodoo (nullify + poison damage)
    Dormammu (nullify + power control)
    Dr Strange (counterspell)
    Ghost Rider

Buff Steal
    Venompool
    Loki
    Rogue

Special Tanks (can eat/evade special attacks)
    Gwenpool
    Luke Cage
    Iceman
    Nightcrawler
    Spiderman (OG & Morales)
    Stark Spidey
    OG DareDevil
  • Wish they brought old Dr strange back
    So many op new champs n they thought strange was op
  • Loki steals his power gain, also dormammu is good with his power drain
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    Lets nerf everyone, then we can complain about how all the champs suck.

Seriously, take a power drain champ and suck it up. Enough with the stupid nerf threads.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Duped magneto and deliberately push him to SP3

phillgreen wrote: »
    Duped magneto and deliberately push him to SP3

Duped LC you mean. He’s a good champ now, better for this sort of thing than Mags, or even Iceman
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

No, you don't. Any champ can beat Hyperion lol.