**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which champ is the biggest pain to fight against in arenas?

I find the following to be more annoying than average, these are only a few things i can think of that can make arena annoying-

Unstoppable Colossus: everyones gonna fight one eventually and they seem hyper aggressive in arena and with unstoppable they can be quite a drawn out fight tho those who like to grind quickly. Just annoying and with the bleed immune ugh haha.

Hyperion: yuuup- power gain and often he will just not use his specials or bait out when fighting someone with higher atk, waiting for sp3 about 75% of the time IME unless you use a lower atk champ, seems to wanna draw the fight out.

Mordo: overly passive, but at the same time uses specials much more often than the average champ. Not too hard usually.

BPCW- stun immune can draw fight out longer than one would like.

Evade champs- Spidermen, BW, Ultrons, Nightcrawler. Self explanatory , usually np

Stunners- Ronan early on, Thor, Hulk, JF,Gambit

Shrugger/Decrease debuff- Kingpin, CB,AV,Karnak,Beast, Rogue

Shields- Modok and Medusa

Thornies/Unavoidable Dmg- Morningstar, Electro,Dormammu, Magik.Iceman,KM

Immunes- Iceman, Mephisto,Abom,Red Hulk

These apply to situations you may face, not necessarily every time and there are other things like bypass abil-acc.
Just wanted to share this.

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I really dont understand. Arena is usually the easiest of fights in the whole game (considering same level opponents).
    I have a streak of 200 in 4* basic and been playing just 3 months.

You mention champs that are problematic everywhere. Try facing Hyp in AW on a 50% power gain node, now that is a pain.
  • Options
    HalfMANHalfMAN Posts: 11
    Hyperion... by far.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Arena fights are relatively easy. Even difficult fights are manageable if you play right
  • Options
    silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    edited February 2018
    im just asking what is frustrating moreso than average, these arent fights that you often lose ,but can if you arent paying attention at times.I know they are generally a pain in the game as well and perhaps digressed, but i dont think my post read anything like "OMG im having suuuch a hard time with these champs, what do i do?" Did i come across that way?
    Mainly wanted to know peoples experience with champs in arena, that not OK, haha?
  • Options
    im just asking what is frustrating moreso than average, these arent fights that you often lose ,but can if you arent paying attention at times.I know they are generally a pain in the game as well and perhaps digressed, but i dont think my post read anything like "OMG im having suuuch a hard time with these champs, what do i do?" Did i come across that way?
    Mainly wanted to know peoples experience with champs in arena, that not OK, haha?

Well, you made such a big list that it seemed like you were having a hard time. Also, if you want people's input maybe put couple of champs in your list and let people add to it.

Let's say if I create a thread asking about how to get units, then detail all unit getting methods and ask what more can I do, then there will be very less for others to actually contribute to it.
  • Options
    so i was pretty thorough? haha well I have realized that i dont know all the abilities of every champ so was researching inside the last month a lot more, gotta do my diligence and learn the game.Then I was wondering if there was anything i forgot to mention or that maybe anyone else could share their difficulties. Still learning timing on the specials of all champs too, wanna really be a ninja! Arena helps and when you grind without suicides you learn a lot haha :D
  • Options
    One thing that you should definitely learn and it will help you take your game to next level is Baiting specials and how to do it effectively. That is one thing that can help you survive against power gain, high PI champs.

I am also a relatively new player, but have learnt how to evade(dexterity), parry, intercept, bait specials and kill those unstunnable nodes. No way around it fellow summoner.

Know that you will get hit from time to time, unless you really develop awesome skills. SP2 of most champs is detrimental, but like you said, learn to know them all.
  • Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    Any champs after the 9th streak, simply cuz they don't use specials and play like a 2 year old brain dead monkey...
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Gwenpool, Cable and Medusa team. Facing 5 in a row every new arena is boring as ****
  • Options
    One thing that you should definitely learn and it will help you take your game to next level is Baiting specials and how to do it effectively. That is one thing that can help you survive against power gain, high PI champs.

I am also a relatively new player, but have learnt how to evade(dexterity), parry, intercept, bait specials and kill those unstunnable nodes. No way around it fellow summoner.

Know that you will get hit from time to time, unless you really develop awesome skills. SP2 of most champs is detrimental, but like you said, learn to know them all.

Storm used to kill me when I was a newer player and didnt have her timing down.
    Baiting was one of the first things i learned last year when i started ,mostly from Dork Lessons.
    You must remember that sometimes, no matter what method you use of the bunch to bait the enemy, they will not always use their specials. This makes champs like Punisher 2099(duped) Magik,Doc Oc and hawkeye amazing i think.
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Specifically in arenas, I hate fighting blade. The arena ai is so "easy" sometimes, even against difficult fights like 5/65. The opponent just stands there, no block, waiting for you to hit them. Then when you try to bait specials, they just keep walking towards you, pushing you against the wall but refusing to use them. With blade it's even more frustrating because he regens so much
  • Options
    Nightwing6666Nightwing6666 Posts: 170
    x force deadpool. dam power gain
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Ant-Man can be a pain with strong AI. Glances most everything.
  • Options
    Loki steals Hyperion power gain, unstoppable colossus use quake hold heavy hit, mordo is easy, BPCW use AA, evade champs use stunners, stunners use evade champs, shruggers are eh in general, shields use stunners, no such thing as unavoidable, get dexterity, immunes aren’t immune to armor break=use Medusa
  • Options
    iR0NLuNG wrote: »
    Yondu is a pain
    Yondu is my top champ, so HAH
  • Options
    Next2HellNext2Hell Posts: 102
    Punisher
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    4* 3/30 Ant-Man against any another 5* 4/55 (w/ willpower mastery) it takes forever with his fatigues
  • Options
    Matty_Giz11Matty_Giz11 Posts: 71
    ^what a name...
  • Options
    Matty_Giz11Matty_Giz11 Posts: 71
    Definitely Juggernaut or Unstoppable Colossus with Signature Ability...
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Unstoppable Colossus is easy to handle. Dodge until his buff ends then hammer away. Same with Juggernaut.

Night crawler is the only champ I dread fighting against. Bugger dodges hits more with his passive, then Hulkbuster can punch out anyone.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Anyone who takes more than 20 sec to beat or forces me to actually pay attention. Evaders and slow tanks like Groot and Antman are the worst.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Punisher and Hela. It’s so annoying killing them and then having to wait until the timer runs out. Arena is all about speed, so those annoy me.
  • Options
    Ironfrog wrote: »
    Loki steals Hyperion power gain, unstoppable colossus use quake hold heavy hit, mordo is easy, BPCW use AA, evade champs use stunners, stunners use evade champs, shruggers are eh in general, shields use stunners, no such thing as unavoidable, get dexterity, immunes aren’t immune to armor break=use Medusa

but you dont always get to choose the champs you're facing you know? not everyone has every character in the game at the same time. you do fight the same people alot in arena but not always.No one likes facing a sig 200 Magik with a disadvantage. Maybe for the challenge but not to hold a streak.
  • Options

but you dont always get to choose the champs you're facing you know? not everyone has every character in the game at the same time. you do fight the same people alot in arena but not always.No one likes facing a sig 200 Magik with a disadvantage. Maybe for the challenge but not to hold a streak.

He just wants to know how to beat them, so I told him. You think I don’t know you can’t choose your champions? Lol that’s why you do arenas multiple times to stack up points, unless you only do 1 round... then you’ll remember who is at what level eventually.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

He just wants to know how to beat them, so I told him. You think I don’t know you can’t choose your champions? Lol that’s why you do arenas multiple times to stack up points, unless you only do 1 round... then you’ll remember who is at what level eventually.

I have no idea what you were trying to say here
  • Options
    GbSarkar wrote: »

I have no idea what you were trying to say here

Me either, but I want to add, YellowJacket is another good option for Hyperion