**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lag again....this is what I noticed. [Under Investigation]

Comments

• Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    edited February 2018
    I’ve noticed that if u use the red area of picture below parries and blocks tend to fail much more often, but if u use the yellow area, and sometimes even closer to where the auto fight button is, it tends to work much more consistently. This leads me to believe that there is a random input sensing error that occurs. Hopefully Kabam can investigate this and it leads to a resolution, especially since this is a very game breaking mechanic that costs us units, potions and real money.

This occurs in all game modes with all champs. I’m using iPhone 7 Plus with latest iOS.

n39fz4mv4w7m.jpeg

@Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    The past few days aside from what’s been reported, their is a problem with triggering special attacks. It is almost impossible to launch a special attack off a combo, there is a latency in the time I try to launch a special and when The fight system processes the command. The result is thatvsp1’s 2’s are easily blocked by AI and before I can move or block, I’m getting wrecked by charging opponent. Also I’m not sure if it’s only Thor Rags but he was freezing after every block last night.
    I’m using iPhone 8plus. iOS 11.2.5 NyC US
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    Guys, I hate to tell you this, but it is your device causing you to lag. I don't know why kabam hasn't outright told us this yet, but there is probably a reason. I'm thinking they don't want to tell people that the game needs the fastest processors and if you don't have the most up to date devices you are at a disadvantage. You'll notice that those with iPhone 8's and X's and those that play on iPad Pros don't complain about the lag. I haven't had any lag in a month since I upgraded my device. I know many will disagree with what I'm writing but my iPhone 6 lagged all the time and was unplayable. Everytime I got an email, text, message from Line or Groupme or anything that put the slightest pressure on the cpu, the lag started.

Why would you make a statement like this? I have an IPhone 8plus and an IPad Pro. I started noticing Game play issues, that Had improved in December, were reappearing in January. They have steadily become more severe. In AQ my champs almost seem to be moving in slow motion and since 17.0 my fight commands either don’t register or they are executed with a latency that causes missed blocks, missed combos, blocked Specials (sometimes they just fail to register). If I was going to attribute my issues to a single cause, I would say there’s a latency issue effecting graphics display and Combat command interface. AQ has the worst lag. Ex I select a node to move to, my display position is frozen but the lights indicating which nodes I can move next show that the game has registered my new location, if I exit AQ map and come back the map now has me on my updated location. At that point I know my next fight will not be fun.
    Once again I’m running latest update of IOS on iPhone 8plus T-Mobile and iPad Pro 2017 over wifi. I have the same latency issues on both devices. I can only speak for my own experience as I suggest other players do as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    There are rules to the Forum. Yes, there were specifics being given in that Thread. It also turned into a mess. Besides the fact that the OP themselves were pushing the conspiracy that all the issues are caused intentionally, a bunch of off-topic issues were brought up, the venting became way too out-of-hand, the same people kept posting the same reactions over and over, some pretty inappropriate comments were made, and it just became non-constructive in general. They keep Threads open until they are resolved, unless there are rules not being followed, unless the issue is already being discussed, or unless they go off beyond the point of being productive. That's usually the way it works. The information that was provided in the Thread is seen either way, but the Thread was going down the drain. It's really quite simple. If we want our issues to be heard, we have to communicate them in a way that's appropriate to the Forum. We can't just have a b***hfest and wonder why it doesn't stay open. Lol
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Most threads feel like they end up going the same way.

They start constructive, evidence is submitted. Rarely an acknowledgement from Kabam that problems exist, it seems the best we get is “under investigation”.

Months later, threads are still open without regular updates or resolution to the problems.
    People become frustrated, the threads take a turn for the worse which gives Kabam the perfect excuse to close the thread and sweep the problems under the carpet.

Most of the guys in my ally are experiencing significant lag and issues with game mechanics at the moment, all good veteran players who know the difference between a player mistake or in game bs.

From what I’ve seen in these forums, I’m now of the opinion it isn’t worth highlighting game issues/bugs because getting them sorted doesn’t seem high on Kabam’s list of priorities. I’ll carry on playing until it becomes completely unplayable but no chance I’ll be spending when I’m going into a fight wondering if I’ll get a clear run or the game will glitch out on me.

• TinklestinkieTinklestinkie Posts: 102
    edited February 2018
    There are rules to the Forum. Yes, there were specifics being given in that Thread. It also turned into a mess. Besides the fact that the OP themselves were pushing the conspiracy that all the issues are caused intentionally, a bunch of off-topic issues were brought up, the venting became way too out-of-hand, the same people kept posting the same reactions over and over, some pretty inappropriate comments were made, and it just became non-constructive in general. They keep Threads open until they are resolved, unless there are rules not being followed, unless the issue is already being discussed, or unless they go off beyond the point of being productive. That's usually the way it works. The information that was provided in the Thread is seen either way, but the Thread was going down the drain. It's really quite simple. If we want our issues to be heard, we have to communicate them in a way that's appropriate to the Forum. We can't just have a b***hfest and wonder why it doesn't stay open. Lol

Oh look K-Bams ambassador is here to save the day and compel everyones problems towards K-Bams corporate integrity and how wrong people having issues are.

Thank you hero
    thank you
  • I don't have any lag to deal with unless there are one of three factors in play: someone gifts me something, I can get as much as 3 secs where the game is frozen in a fight, if someone offers help that I requested...about the same, if I'm not playing on an icepack I keep hitting the thermal limit and get throttled down.

All three of these issues are easily preventable with COMPETENT PROGRAMMING, but Kabam ignores this:

There shouldn't be anything going on in the background DURING a fight, only before and at the end, period.

You need to start listening to the players and allow us control over the graphics quality, so devices that aren't brand spanking new can reasonably perform:

Control over resolution, texture detail, texture effects, weather and particle effects, light rendering quality, and background objects that can be removed. All of these things controbute to extra processing which increases thermal heat, triggering a cpu throttle...thus lag.

But kabam doesn't care or listen, and actively goes after those that found a way to do this themselves...proving they don't give a flying fig about our quality of play.
  • I forgot to add: the game already has baked in controls over most of those things I listed about graphics quality, just give players the ability to control it and a lot of your complaints would go away. Leaving it up to the game to decide, it's too aggressive on quality over gameplay.
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Are you going to do anything about the lag? Or are you going to consult "The Team" to "look into it"? This is a problem. And it's your job to fix it.
  • I agree @Somethingsome .

After months of players not being updated about the bugs and the bugs still persists in the game , we needed to make sure that thread is alive and made sure the people or so called “game engineers” are looking into how much attraction the thread is getting.

Closing the thread by @Kabam Miike is uncalled for ... throw your tantrum somewhere else buddy
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Heyheyhey wrote: »
    I agree @Somethingsome .

After months of players not being updated about the bugs and the bugs still persists in the game , we needed to make sure that thread is alive and made sure the people or so called “game engineers” are looking into how much attraction the thread is getting.

Closing the thread by @Kabam Miike is uncalled for ... throw your tantrum somewhere else buddy

True. They'll fix Loki's insanely high damage output as soon as possible since it benefits the players, but they don't fix anything that screws us over. @Kabam Miike Do your job and actually fix this. I know you won't, but hopefully you at least try to.
  • Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    Kabam please do something about this lagging. Do something else excpt for deleting posts amd closing threads
  • The sad part is, if they simply invested more time and money up front, to ensure quality, they would make an embarrasingly huge amount of money on top of what they already make.

Their own laziness, or incompetence, is the only thing keeping them from dominating the app stores.

This game used to be awesome fun to play and now it's just so riddled with bugs and quality issues...and it's not necessary if they just did proper quality checking.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    @Somethingsome I have noticed similar issues. I noticed some improvement by turning off all of my device’s background processes, but the game itself does a lot of updating in the background. This is a serious oversight from the developers. Nothing should take precedence over gameplay. They need to make this their top priority. They should even tone down some of the visual enhancements and background animations until this is fixed. The graphics are impressive, but it means nothing if we can’t play the game properly. I’m using an iPad PRO and iPhone X. My devices can handle a lot. My WiFi is top of the line, and my Internet service is very fast. I have no issues with any other game.
  • Playing 5.4.3 ... ofcourse it’s laggy and few times in a fight against Elektra parry didn’t work.

Parry in green was showing at left side but no effect on the opponent.

It’s not a stun immune or machoism node. The node was only power lock 1 and critical .
  • DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Look kabam we really don't want to bear with you , due to your mistake we are losing unnecessary health and even our champ , who will pay for it .
  • Today my eyes are hurting due to so much lagging
This discussion has been closed.