**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question to admins about account info sharing..

I was recently removed from an alliance because I couldn't get up earlier to move in AW and they didn't have my account info to log in and move me up. They had been insistent on having my info, and apparently most of the alliance had to give up their info and acted like it was no big deal.

I'm curious, is this a common or accepted practice? I didnt read in the ToS where it was explicitly prohibited, only that kabam wasn't responsible for anything if people shared info.

I should note that this was my first alliance that ran 5x5 and was around 10 mil, so I'm concerned about this being a common practice among other top alliances for them to stay competitive.

Any input is welcome, but I'd appreciate an admin clarifying this for me.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018
    You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time and you may not allow anyone else to use your Account at any time. You agree that Kabam will not be liable for any loss you may incur as a result of someone else using your Account, either with or without your knowledge, and you further agree that you will be liable for losses incurred by Kabam or another party due to someone else using your Account. Because of this, Kabam strongly recommends that you exit from your Account at the end of each session.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It is most certainly against TOS. Do not give your Info to anyone. Do not be pressured into doing so. You can find an Ally that's not willing to jeopardize your Account for Rewards.
  • Options
    Well that's good to know now.. I'm glad I stuck to my guns on that. Can kabam actually catch these guys doing this? This last alliance I was in did it every AQ and AW, not even for only moving, but placing, gifting, grinding.. one pair traded off refills and potions for arena grinding.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Time to find a new alliance. I have never shared my account info and I'm in a 10m+ ally running Map 5x5 and Gold 2-tiered wars. Even more challenging being in a timezone outside the US while being in a US-based ally.

It does appear to be more common in the bigger allies that run map 6 due to the very strict timetables to complete it.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Another thing to consider is if you share your account info with someone who ends up using an illegal software or bot, and they log into your account, your account could be subject to the same bans that their account faces.
  • Options
    VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Well that's good to know now.. I'm glad I stuck to my guns on that. Can kabam actually catch these guys doing this? This last alliance I was in did it every AQ and AW, not even for only moving, but placing, gifting, grinding.. one pair traded off refills and potions for arena grinding.

Account sharing is like speeding on the highway. It is against the rules to speed. If caught, you risk getting a fine and points. The faster you go, the bigger the punishment. And speeding at one location might not generate the same punishment as speeding at another.

So just because 2 people were caught going 55 in a 30 mile/hr zone, it doesn't follow they get the same punishment (e.g. one was speeding in a school zone while the other was not).

But ... not everyone gets caught.

In the MCOC world, however, "not everyone gets caught" is viewed as not enforcing the rules at all or the rules are being enforced by incompetents. If 2 people going 55 in a 30 mile/hr zone gets different punishment, then one is getting favoritism because he's rich and famous or brings in revenues.

• Options
    VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »

Unless your on YouTube and admit to it to 100k subs then kabam does nothing

And you just proved my point when I said, "If 2 people going 55 in a 30 mile/hr zone gets different punishment, then one is getting favoritism because he's rich and famous or brings in revenues."
  • Options
    chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    players like this who stand up against account sharing should get a lot of positive feedback and support from the honest player base. You did good by not giving into there pressure of wanting access to your account.

Agreed. Account sharing is against the rules and it is cheating... plain and simple. I am not into the competitive part of the game that much (I mean I play to win things but not too worried about the outcome) so I don't get that upset about the ranking issues it causes but I can understand the anger of those players who follow the rules getting beat by these cheaters.
  • Options
    So as I am reading it correctly Kabam doesn't recommend account sharing and can not be held liable for any loss occurring due to account sharing, I can't see anywhere where they have mentioned about banning players that account share...so is it ok to share with friends and family who you know will not use any 3rd party software or any mods? Of course kabam won't be liable if my friend sells my champs or uses my units for unnecessary reasons.
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Yknow.. I can't imagine how mad I'd be about that were I kabam. That many subs, so non-chalant, so sure that nothing else would happen. I've never been able to stand that guy, but I do have to say that was an extremely "Kabam is my ****" move.

It's like he went to somebody else's wedding and grabbed the mic at the reception to describe his escapades with the bride.. And then showed the video, smiled at the groom who he knew wouldn't do anything, grabbed a bottle of champagne, kissed the maid of honor, grabbed a handful of cake, and walked out.

What's even funnier is the account sharers who try to rationalize their actions by making Kabam the bad guy, and make statements like "I'm sorry for wanting to have a life outside of MCoC." The Kabam CEO apparently put a gun to their Alliance leader's head and forced them to run Map 6 on Valentine's Day or something. Kabam doesn't place time demands on anyone. Alliances do. If you can't meet the time demands of your Alliance, then find a new Alliance.

• Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The vast majority of the top,guilds share account info to some degree.
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    I've never been able to stand that guy, but I do have to say that was an extremely "Kabam is my ****" move.

It's like he went to somebody else's wedding and grabbed the mic at the reception to describe his escapades with the bride.. And then showed the video, smiled at the groom who he knew wouldn't do anything, grabbed a bottle of champagne, kissed the maid of honor, grabbed a handful of cake, and walked out

And then his tweet doubled down on the “kabam is my *****” move.

I’ve been warned 3x. That’s why i have to pump the breaks on this issue. But myself and @Dropfaith know what the move by kabam should be, and what the move by kabam is going to be.
  • Options
    warlord007 wrote: »
    So as I am reading it correctly Kabam doesn't recommend account sharing and can not be held liable for any loss occurring due to account sharing, I can't see anywhere where they have mentioned about banning players that account share...so is it ok to share with friends and family who you know will not use any 3rd party software or any mods? Of course kabam won't be liable if my friend sells my champs or uses my units for unnecessary reasons.

Right. Look at prior “punishments” for admitted account sharing. Nada.
  • Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    I get that a lot but never have shared my info. Alliances fall apart and people get heated and you log on to a slaughtered account. Not worth it but happens regularly in most groups.
  • Options
    MattScott wrote: »
    I've never been able to stand that guy, but I do have to say that was an extremely "Kabam is my ****" move.

It's like he went to somebody else's wedding and grabbed the mic at the reception to describe his escapades with the bride.. And then showed the video, smiled at the groom who he knew wouldn't do anything, grabbed a bottle of champagne, kissed the maid of honor, grabbed a handful of cake, and walked out

I’ve been warned 3x. That’s why i have to pump the breaks on this issue. But myself and @Dropfaith know what the move by kabam should be, and what the move by kabam is going to be.

Just looked it up. Yeah, he's really worried about what kabam might do to him lmao.
  • Options
    MattScott wrote: »

Just looked it up. Yeah, he's really worried about what kabam might do to him lmao.

Total **** slap. And then tells them, now make me dinner!!
  • Options
    ChiSox_2005ChiSox_2005 Posts: 126
    The only thing Kabam is remotely concerned about is the scenario where you share your account, the person you share it with then spends your real money on some units package, then you get mad and try to sue Kabam to get your money back.

Other than that I highly doubt they give 2 sh!t's about account sharing.
  • Options
    Given the circumstances, they probably felt that was enough punishment. It's not uncommon for longstanding partners to be given some leeway, given their relationship. That's not exclusive to the game. Typically, if someone has had a good standing relationship with a company or employer, there is room for forgiveness.
    Having said that, the arrogance that follows is just disrespectful. I don't usually skip the wordy responses and put things bluntly, but in this case I'll make an exception. If he had any sense or respect for the situation, he'd consider himself lucky and show some restraint. Then again, silence is not his forte.
  • Options
    Pfft three warnings. I can't make threads I have to wait 3 minutes between comments due to this

Forum rules must be more sacred and better enforced than actual games rules i guess. Only possible answer.
  • Options
    #banhisass
  • Options
    Given the circumstances, they probably felt that was enough punishment. It's not uncommon for longstanding partners to be given some leeway, given their relationship. That's not exclusive to the game. Typically, if someone has had a good standing relationship with a company or employer, there is room for forgiveness.
    Having said that, the arrogance that follows is just disrespectful. I don't usually skip the wordy responses and put things bluntly, but in this case I'll make an exception. If he had any sense or respect for the situation, he'd consider himself lucky and show some restraint. Then again, silence is not his forte.

Long standing partners on good terms ? Hev ended the content program once before with how are the duck was let back in noiw booted again sorry he's had chances

Lifetime ban

The Program hadn't even existed when he was given Howard.
  • Options
    Pfft three warnings. I can't make threads I have to wait 3 minutes between comments due to this

I’m sure I’m heading there soon.
    Forum rules must be more sacred and better enforced than actual games rules i guess. Only possible answer.

Lol.
    #banhisass

Let’s get this trending. Lol #banhisass
  • Options

Long standing partners on good terms ? Hev ended the content program once before with how are the duck was let back in noiw booted again sorry he's had chances

Lifetime ban

Oh right he got to keep that champ he never deserved or earned f0rgot that wasn't program just a gift

Lifetime ban

Oh right he got to keep that champ he never deserved or earned f0rgot that wasn't program just a gift

Let’s not forget There was one more incident too. Oh yeah. When he logged into someone else’s account and opened crystals. He also Streamed that. How many chances does one person get?
  • Options
    If we're going to talk about the real issue, y'all are going to have to get over him. It's not about him.
  • Options
    If we're going to talk about the real issue, y'all are going to have to get over him. It's not about him.

Like i said in the other thread. The problem is the example it sets. Not suspected account sharing. Admitted sharing. And no action. Why would current pilots stop if they see that
This discussion has been closed.