**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I Switch Alliance or I'm in my matching alliance?

I have 110k total base rating, 3000+ presitige, 10 rank4 4*, and 2 rank2 5*. I'm about to have my 1st rank5 4* and open 2 more 5* in a week or so. I'm currently in a 4M alliance, and I''m even below average member rating.

So the alliance I've been in has been doing AQ Map2, and since the new AW season, we dropped from Gold2/Tier10 to Silver1/Tier12. The main reason in my opinion is most of our members are not skilled player and so can't finish the miniboss, and therefore the few members including myself who can finish miniboss can't take down the final boss. While the rival alliance we face normally complete 1-3 bgs, our alliance is often 1 bg short. For the past few wars, I am the one of few in the alliance that finish miniboss every war and waiting for others to imcomplete their path. I feel the progress I should get is slow down by those unskilled members, and I feel the alliance will stay in AW Silver1-Gold3.

So should I move on and find a stronger alliance. I think in Gold1-2/Tier 9-11 I might have a chance at finishing miniboss consistently once I have my rank5 4* and more 5*, and I have been playing AQ Map 3-4 couple times, wasn't too hard for me. But I certainly don't want to join any alliance above my capacity or pay a crazy amount of weekly donation.

So should I move on or I'm in my matching alliance?

Comments

• RecruiterRecruiter Posts: 25
    What's your line I'd? We do map 33322 and every war. Our aim is gold 1!

We are looking for boss killers.
  • Ashesudeeni1Ashesudeeni1 Posts: 49
    edited February 2018
    move on!!!! find a stronger alliance, the way i see it is as a progressing player you always want to be in mid-bottom of your alliance striving to get stronger and work your way up. if your already at the top and nobody is challenging you, you need a new alliance with members who will. also check out our alliance, same name in game. we do map33322
  • NihungNihung Posts: 108
    @JohnKnight it's a tough one.

I could be in a higher Alliance but just enjoy the company of people in my Alliance. Although we focus on progression, we like have a joke and a laugh on our LIne id.

We used to do map 4 and 5 regular, but some members left us so struggle with Gold, so we just concentrate on 3 and help our members to level.

It really depends what you want. I personally don;t want to be grinding all the time, as a I have a life outside MCOC.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    The rate of your progress in this game is highly dependent on the alliance you're in. It sounds from your post that you're dissatisfied with how your alliance is in terms of member contribution. If you want to grow then it's important that you find a more active alliance. Remember that it's not until you get to an alliance that does Map 5 will you be able to R5 4*s sooner than later. You should try to find a 5M alliance that does Map 4 and Map 3. Then when you get to 200K join a 6M alliance that does Map 5.
  • Nihung wrote: »
    @JohnKnight it's a tough one.

I could be in a higher Alliance but just enjoy the company of people in my Alliance. Although we focus on progression, we like have a joke and a laugh on our LIne id.

We used to do map 4 and 5 regular, but some members left us so struggle with Gold, so we just concentrate on 3 and help our members to level.

It really depends what you want. I personally don;t want to be grinding all the time, as a I have a life outside MCOC.

Yeah this is a main factor for me too. I've been in this alliance for month and talked to some people.

And the 30K battle chip donation will take a lot of time in my daily life. I grind a lot lately but I'm not planning to do it every arena for long term.

And it's not that I can jump to a much stronger alliance, if that's the case I'll find one and join, I could only jump to a slightly higher one.
  • raffster wrote: »
    The rate of your progress in this game is highly dependent on the alliance you're in. It sounds from your post that you're dissatisfied with how your alliance is in terms of member contribution. If you want to grow then it's important that you find a more active alliance. Remember that it's not until you get to an alliance that does Map 5 will you be able to R5 4*s sooner than later. You should try to find a 5M alliance that does Map 4 and Map 3. Then when you get to 200K join a 6M alliance that does Map 5.

Sounds a good plan, I'll take notes and see how my current alliance goes for the following weeks.
  • JohnKnight wrote: »
    I have 110k total base rating, 3000+ presitige, 10 rank4 4*, and 2 rank2 5*. I'm about to have my 1st rank5 4* and open 2 more 5* in a week or so. I'm currently in a 4M alliance, and I''m even below average member rating.

So the alliance I've been in has been doing AQ Map2, and since the new AW season, we dropped from Gold2/Tier10 to Silver1/Tier12. The main reason in my opinion is most of our members are not skilled player and so can't finish the miniboss, and therefore the few members including myself who can finish miniboss can't take down the final boss. While the rival alliance we face normally complete 1-3 bgs, our alliance is often 1 bg short. For the past few wars, I am the one of few in the alliance that finish miniboss every war and waiting for others to imcomplete their path. I feel the progress I should get is slow down by those unskilled members, and I feel the alliance will stay in AW Silver1-Gold3.

So should I move on and find a stronger alliance. I think in Gold1-2/Tier 9-11 I might have a chance at finishing miniboss consistently once I have my rank5 4* and more 5*, and I have been playing AQ Map 3-4 couple times, wasn't too hard for me. But I certainly don't want to join any alliance above my capacity or pay a crazy amount of weekly donation.

So should I move on or I'm in my matching alliance?

I do not want to discourage you from seeking to move up, but there is a combination of issues affecting your alliance's ability to stay in the rewards tier you seek. First, you are in tier 9 and the multiplier for tier 9 is a lot lower. Second, in the current format for this season's wars you do have to not only get the mini-bosses down you have to get the bosses down.
    That said, you would probably be better off looking for an alliance that runs map 3 so that you can build up more supply of tier 4 class catalysts. Once you have those you will be able to rank up more 4*s to max level. Because honestly a defense of only 4/40s will not hold up very well in higher tiers of war. And that might get you kicked at some point.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    If you're at the point of asking if you've outgrown your alliance then you probably have.
  • Fishman13579Fishman13579 Posts: 98
    Check out the alliance I’m in. Same name in game. We do map4x5 and all AW. Line is a must. Message me on Line if interested @Fishman13579.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    xffdyi1rmmas.gif

Are you beating a dead horse?

If so, I have to too. Make the move and try. If you fail then you can keep looking. A lot of people think you have to stay tied to the alliance you start with.
  • Thank you all for the insights, and thank you for the offers.

It seems most of you are suggesting that I should move on. I'm probably gonna just wait for couple weeks while I can rank 5 my 4* and pull 2 more 5*, and see how my current alliance is doing. If it's not progressing much, I can pitch myself to a stronger alliance.