**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War Diversity and rank down/up tickets

If you’re going to place so much emphasis on diversity give us more resources to create diversity within our BGs. Up until now there was no issue with everyone ranking up ultrons or ice mans and now we’re getting penalized for creating what used to be strong teams. Provide us rank down tickets, gold, iso and cats so that we can meet the games new demands. Fair?

Comments

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Lol
  • xNig wrote: »
    If you’re going to place so much emphasis on diversity give us more resources to create diversity within our BGs. Up until now there was no issue with everyone ranking up ultrons or ice mans and now we’re getting penalized for creating what used to be strong teams. Provide us rank down tickets, gold, iso and cats so that we can meet the games new demands. Fair?

No.
    How is that not fair? Not everyone in the game has hundreds of dollars to sink into making the game enjoyable and the diversity thing came out of nowhere. How many people find their nightcrawlers useless now? If diversity is going to be a win/lose factor then at least support the players to meet the new requirement.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    They've said no more rank down tickets unless they make major changes to characters. This thread will be closed too.
  • Thawnim wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »

No.
    How is that not fair? Not everyone in the game has hundreds of dollars to sink into making the game enjoyable and the diversity thing came out of nowhere. How many people find their nightcrawlers useless now? If diversity is going to be a win/lose factor then at least support the players to meet the new requirement.

Diversity has been out for months. And they gave out rank down tickets at Christmas. And Nightcrawler is still very effective for questing. I used him just this morning to beat expert difficulty of the Infinite trial.

Ugh. You guys have deep wallets or what? You must find gold, iso, alpha and t4 cats easy to come by. Maybe you have a secret stash nobody else has? The point is it’s already incredibly difficult to rank up. And now that Diversity is a thing that affects our points, rank up has also more important. I didn’t say rank down night crawler but when 5 players in one BG use NC you’re not getting full war points and that can affect everyone’s rewards. Fair would be accommodating what’s being diminished.
    Kabam could also increase amounts of rank up resources especially now that we’re competing with/against 6*. I’ve been playing 2 years now and have always been just under the bar of really enjoyable. Many others feel their defensive teams are trashed now because we’ve been made to rely on Hyperion, ice man, nightcrawler and now Magik.
    It’s an everyone’s game, keep it fair to everyone not just those with credit cards for resources.
    Thawnim wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »

No.

Diversity has been out for months. And they gave out rank down tickets at Christmas. And Nightcrawler is still very effective for questing. I used him just this morning to beat expert difficulty of the Infinite trial.

Ugh. You guys have deep wallets or what? You must find gold, iso, alpha and t4 cats easy to come by. Maybe you have a secret stash nobody else has? The point is it’s already incredibly difficult to rank up. And now that Diversity is a thing that affects our points, rank up has also more important. I didn’t say rank down night crawler but when 5 players in one BG use NC you’re not getting full war points and that can affect everyone’s rewards. Fair would be accommodating what’s being diminished.
    Kabam could also increase amounts of rank up resources especially now that we’re competing with/against 6*. I’ve been playing 2 years now and have always been just under the bar of really enjoyable. Many others feel their defensive teams are trashed now because we’ve been made to rely on Hyperion, ice man, nightcrawler and now Magik.
    It’s an everyone’s game, keep it fair to everyone not just those with credit cards for resources.

It is everyone's game. Everyone without rank down tickets faces the SAME challenges in deciding who to rank up. Next illogical argument please.
  • What’s illogical about making the game more accessible?
    What’s illogical about making the game more accessible?

The game is already accessible.
  • What’s illogical about making the game more accessible?

Right. Bevause you haven’t noticed the difference between those with money to sink into the game and those without? Rationalize your stances instead of just assuming you’re making a point.

We’re being dinged for our investments into champs that now cost us diversity points. Simple as that. I’m suggesting rank/down tickets and resources to make those investments fair again. Rank down and resources for everyone to change up their defense teams. Fair as that because it’s potentially costing us all in rewards now.
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159

Right. Bevause you haven’t noticed the difference between those with money to sink into the game and those without? Rationalize your stances instead of just assuming you’re making a point.

We’re being dinged for our investments into champs that now cost us diversity points. Simple as that. I’m suggesting rank/down tickets and resources to make those investments fair again. Rank down and resources for everyone to change up their defense teams. Fair as that because it’s potentially costing us all in rewards now.

You have had months to adjust to the diversity format for wars. Why do you keep ignoring that argument?
  • TheDemon wrote: »

You have had months to adjust to the diversity format for wars. Why do you keep ignoring that argument?

We weren’t being penalized for it in the same way. And “months” still isn’t exactly a long enough time to change 8 main characters. I average a new 5* once every month and a half (if I’m lucky) and that’s only as of recently, And that’s without ...wait for it.. “resources”!
    See my whole argument now?
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    TheDemon wrote: »

We weren’t being penalized for it in the same way. And “months” still isn’t exactly a long enough time to change 8 main characters. I average a new 5* once every month and a half (if I’m lucky) and that’s only as of recently, And that’s without ...wait for it.. “resources”!

Your argument holds very little merit because you have numerous fallacies:
    1) Everyone is affected by this happening. Those that spend and those that don't.
    2) You can still place diverse defenders, they just may not have the same rating as the current defensive team that you have been using. You still get the points though.
    3) Diversity actually is more forgiving in the current format than it was when first rolled out so that argument has no merit.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    @Thunderdrums I am a free to play player and have not had major issues with ranking and leveling up champs for war or for questing. You just have to take ownership of your roster and your team.
  • sh6tejbzo5bp.jpeg

Case on point: in order to update my team to meet the diversity requirements I’ll need to spend the money on this 5* offer.

1) Not everyone is affected equally as not everyone can afford to spend this money on updating. So, without taking another year to get anywhere in this game I’m out. Which is Not accessible to others in similar financial positions, meaning rewards for teams without credit cards will be diminished, thus taking another forever to get anywhere.
    2) you assume I have enough ranked up players that I can easily switch to a new team which means I will also lose points for my alliance by placing weaker defenders (as opposed to the ones who used to be worth something that I e mistakenly invested in) and basically create a walk through for opponents.
    3) I didn’t realize there was a statute of limitations on addressing the negative impacts of diversity.

You guys all work for kabam or something? Because you seem really out of touch with what I’m putting down here.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★

Diversity has been around for a long time. Your choice to continue ranking the same champs.

No need to change 8. Only 5. And if diversity is so important. I’m sure between your whol alliance including 4 and 5 stars you have 150 different champs. Just place them.
  • MattScott wrote: »

No need to change 8. Only 5. And if diversity is so important. I’m sure between your whol alliance including 4 and 5 stars you have 150 different champs. Just place them.

Oh. Only 5. Gee that makes it six months instead of 9. Golly looking forward to getting nowhere fast.

As for “ownership” Are you telling me you didn’t rank up champs according to kabsms changes? Like you ranked up your SpiderGwen because she’s awesome right? No. Just like anyone we all ranked up the hard to beat and now it costs points to use them.

Where are you guys even coming from on your counterclaims?
    Like you all have issues with the suggestion of “Increasing Resources”?? Really?
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    First this first, I am a F2P.

Now,
    1) Diversity has been out for months. There has been a couple of reworks around it and it has been toned down quite a bit from first it was introduced. Pretty much everyone has adopted to the new system so there is no point in complaining.

2) Game is as accessible as you would like it to be. Do the daily quests, arenas and event quests and you will have enough rank up materials. I have a full time job and I am F2P. I don't have enough champs to rank up. All I do is hit milestones in arenas and do quests and I am sitting on plenty of expiring materials.

3) They specifically said that there won't be any Rank Down Tickets unless there is a significant (read 12.0 update) changes to the game.

4) They introduced a few different modes that allow you to obtain materials more easily than before. This month alone, if you do Kings Trial everyday, you'll end up with 10k 5* shards on top of what you get from SA, EQ, AW etc .. so if you argue that you get 1 5* every month than it's your own fault. Like I said, game is as accessible as you would want it to be.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    you don't even need 150 different champs.
    Diversity is per bg.
    So 50 in each bg
    MattScott wrote: »

Oh. Only 5. Gee that makes it six months instead of 9. Golly looking forward to getting nowhere fast.

As for “ownership” Are you telling me you didn’t rank up champs according to kabsms changes? Like you ranked up your SpiderGwen because she’s awesome right? No. Just like anyone we all ranked up the hard to beat and now it costs points to use them.

Where are you guys even coming from on your counterclaims?
    Like you all have issues with the suggestion of “Increasing Resources”?? Really?

No need to do spidergwen. But i ranked up champs that I will never use but who have synergies with champs I will use
    s0ta5fpow5ou.jpeg

Will i ever use 4 Star elektra, civil warrior, SIM, YJ, Cyclops?

No. But they are ranked for diversity
  • 1) being out for months doesn’t mean it’s not affecting us.
    2) I do milestones too and still fall short on resources, so not sure how you’re getting more rewards than me.
    3) then make significant changes. Like ADDING rank downs. That’s not impossible.
    4) I acknowledge the new modes but I also acknowledge the fact that with 6* in the game now quest crystals that provide 75iso don’t really add up to what’s necessary do they. Or maybe you’re getting more than 2*s from your phc’s.

Seriously, do you all just work for kabam? Not sure why all the pushback on suggesting an increase in resources.
    edited February 2018
    You could be grinding arena or quests right now to get those precious "resources" instead of begging for RDTs and accusing everyone against your opinion of working for Kabam!
    1) being out for months doesn’t mean it’s not affecting us.
    2) I do milestones too and still fall short on resources, so not sure how you’re getting more rewards than me.
    3) then make significant changes. Like ADDING rank downs. That’s not impossible.
    4) I acknowledge the new modes but I also acknowledge the fact that with 6* in the game now quest crystals that provide 75iso don’t really add up to what’s necessary do they. Or maybe you’re getting more than 2*s from your phc’s.

Seriously, do you all just work for kabam? Not sure why all the pushback on suggesting an increase in resources.

Wtf do 6 stars being introduced have to do with diversity?
  • You could be grinding arena or quests right now to get those precious "resources" instead of begging for RDTs and accusing everyone against your opinion of working for Kabam!

Solid point again. Thanks for coming out. I bet my whole game experience would magically change if I were in arena right now. OR. I could make a suggestions for improvements to the game like I’m permitted and make a case for those improved resources against the silencing and unmerited views that I pres
  • ...Presume could only be paid opinions of those who are out of touch with a good number of players.
    You could be grinding arena or quests right now to get those precious "resources" instead of begging for RDTs and accusing everyone against your opinion of working for Kabam!

Solid point again. Thanks for coming out. I bet my whole game experience would magically change if I were in arena right now. OR. I could make a suggestions for improvements to the game like I’m permitted and make a case for those improved resources against the silencing and unmerited views that I pres

So you’re asking for RDT’s so you can get gold back?!

Or are you comaplaining about two separate issues and putting them together nonsensically.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I like turtles.
  • Josegee2321Josegee2321 Posts: 52
    Just play the game complaining wont do anything actually grinding and putting in the time will get you resources. You cant always be the best at everything.
  • “Increase resources and add rank down tickets”

Simple and consistent as that.
    The fact that people push back on that suggestion shows me this forum doesn’t properly represent the numerous players who’ve downloaded a free game hoping to enjoy it without breaking their bank.
This discussion has been closed.