**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I understanding this properly?

I'm in 5.2.5 and getting wreaked by bane but i'm trying to understand why are my guys melting away from it and moon night is not feeling it as much as me.

Bane is taking away 2.5% of my remaining health.
robqerelc4y0.png

So Moon Night has over 75k health. That means he would lose 2.5% of his health while under the effects of bane which would be over 1800.
1seugbdn4llf.png
fz6wbfb6wfe9.png

But you don't see that while fighting. Moon Night is getting just under 200 and i'm dealing with over 800.

31yt0xsyudea.png

pr6brvqdcbtk.png

Can someone clarify this for me?

Comments

• Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Does he have other nodes which would lessen the damage? Or maybe something in his abilities?
  • Options
    SperaSpera Posts: 152
    It's 2.5% hp of the champion that PLACED bane
    So the higher your hp is = the more damage from bane the opponent will take
  • Options
    WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    It deals 2.5% of their current health as direct damage to you and vice versa. So the less health they have the less damaging you take. At least that was the way I was understanding it until I just reread it and you made me question myself… I’m sure somebody will quickly correct me if I’m wrong :-)
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    It is dealing 2.5% of vision's current health.
  • Options
    Just the wording that kabam put is weird. One would think that your remaining health would be what the damage you take.
  • Options
    Kryptic81 wrote: »
    Just the wording that kabam put is weird. One would think that your remaining health would be what the damage you take.

The others above are correct: when you place Bane on your opponent, your opponent takes 2.5% of your health as damage and vice versa.

It wouldn't really make sense to go the other way around, because if Bane only dealt 2.5% of your own health as damage to yourself it wouldn't be a serious threat.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    As they've said. Essentially, Bane turns health into a weapon; which is why when it's used in special event quests, it's often paired with +200% health; as that triples the Bane damage.

If your fighting an opponent with Bane, it's therefore important to keep your own health high; as you can use a tanky hero more effectively than a glass cannon. Don't take Rocket or Electro to a bane fight!
  • Options
    As they've said. Essentially, Bane turns health into a weapon; which is why when it's used in special event quests, it's often paired with +200% health; as that triples the Bane damage.

If your fighting an opponent with Bane, it's therefore important to keep your own health high; as you can use a tanky hero more effectively than a glass cannon. Don't take Rocket or Electro to a bane fight!

I don't have either of them yet so i couldn't even if i wanted to. Lol