Options

Why is Kabam protecting cheaters?

I'm very curious to find out why Kabam has taken a policy that is punishing alliances and protecting cheaters.

My alliances finishes the the 700-800 range in AQ. We were sitting in gold 1 after our first few AWs. After our last loss we were informed that a cheater had been discovered in our alliance and our AQ tier was dropped 1500 spots and tier 5 to tier 7.

We have a strict policy against cheating and do not allow account sharing. A few months ago we discovered a member who had begun to cheat and suddenly had a large jump in skill as he finished LoL without an appropriate roster. We immediately reported him and removed him from our alliance.

We have absolutely no idea who cheated or when. No one was obviously cheating, everyone has been able to log in since we were informed and dropped. We can't even get a straight answer as to when it occurred.

The most trouble part of this is that Kabam refuses to tell us who did it or even tell us if this person is still in our alliance. They are protecting whoever did it. They could keep him anonymous just by confirming whether he is gone or not.

So we are in a difficult situation here because even though we don't allow cheating and take action when we are suspicious of cheating, we are at risk of the same thing happening again.

The real victims of the cheaters are the alliances that they join. How are we suppose to protect ourselves when kabam can't stop they from cheating and their solution is to punish the innocent bystanders?

We have been getting so many copy and pasted form responses that one of our members names became the default name each message was addressed to. Each message says they want to help us, but none of them will give us a shred of information to help us route this cheater out of our group.

Obviously cheaters don't care about the game or the people they play with. How is punishing a group of innocent people suppose to be a deterrent for the people that are cheating?

How are we suppose to vet these people to verify they aren't cheating?

Why can't Kabam tell us when the infraction occurred and if the responsible party is still in our group?

I'm looking to you guys for some productive feedback to his problem. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,265 ★★★★★
    They won't discuss actions taken on any Account. It's a privacy issue.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    That's a bad deal man. The right thing to do is let you know or give the cheater a 48 hr ban so you can take the appropriate actions. That way their butt is covered from a privacy standpoint. Unfortunately Kabams customer support is so bad I'm not sure if they even understand what you are trying to do. Google translate only does so much. Hope you get it figured out. I would be extremely upset with Kabam if this happened to us and very disappointed with our alliance. Let us know if you get it figured out.
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Damn that is a rough situation
  • Options
    SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    You could ask the same thing about their golden boy.
  • Options
    Their judicial system has a complete lack of clarity. It does more than set our alliance back. It puts us at risk of losing members for fear of more of the same as we can't even get an answer to whether we are still at risk.

If Kabam cannot secure its game, it should not choose to protect a cheater's privacy over a group of 29 innocent people.

Amend the rules so that cheater's lose the privilege of privacy when caught cheating.

• Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    That's messed up. In any other team sport, if games were forfeited because of an ineligible player on the team, that player is named so that the situation can be resolved. This sounds pretty serious and if action has been taken that affects 30 people negatively who have no idea what is going on or how to prevent it going forward.

They need to step up and ban those players from war at the very least so they can't continue to affect innocent people by taking victory awards away from other alliances and not just rank rewards.

Has anyone gotten a message from kabam saying alliance x which beat you in a war did so illegally so therefore we will be rewarding you the extra rewards and points you should have received ?

Really sounds like a half ass solution to me
  • Options
    They aren't going to infringe on privacy. I can understand your perspective, but they won't discuss actions taken on Accounts, and that's not going to change.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    This is a garbage situation. Hard for the alliance to function well if people start suspecting each other and no one knows who the cheater is. Their refusal to discuss actions taken may be protecting privacy but it may also be just covering their asses as it's hard to dispute if they are wrong when no one knows what it is they are taking action against.
  • Options
    They don't take action without thorough investigation. The possibility of being wrong by the time they get to the point of taking action is very slim. It's not likely a system that triggers accidentally. People investigate it.
  • Options
    Having said that, removing them from the Ally along with whatever other action is taken might be prudent, but that just gives away the identity. I find it surprising that these Allies are coming forward and have no idea at all that it was taking place. Possible, yes. Just curious. If someone is using a Mod or Piloting, it's usually not a secret.
  • Options
    They don't take action without thorough investigation. The possibility of being wrong by the time they get to the point of taking action is very slim. It's not likely a system that triggers accidentally. People investigate it.

I hope this is the case and it probably is but you state it as a fact and you can't know that.
  • Options
    I don't understand how informing an alliance that someone is cheating is a violation of privacy.
  • Options
    It's been mentioned many times before that actions taken on Accounts are done with thorough investigation. Naturally. They don't just have an automated system and allow it to ban at the slightest detection. There is human involvement. These things aren't done lightly.
  • Options
    Having said that, removing them from the Ally along with whatever other action is taken might be prudent, but that just gives away the identity. I find it surprising that these Allies are coming forward and have no idea at all that it was taking place. Possible, yes. Just curious. If someone is using a Mod or Piloting, it's usually not a secret.

A permanent ban also gives away the identity but they do that. Alliances that want to have no cheaters are being penalized and put in a bad position going forward over preserving the privacy of the cheater. Also if it were modding it would be a ban, not just an alliance penalty.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    It's been mentioned many times before that actions taken on Accounts are done with thorough investigation. Naturally. They don't just have an automated system and allow it to ban at the slightest detection. There is human involvement. These things aren't done lightly.

No action on an account was taken though. If it had been the alliance would know what to do. Action was taken against an alliance with no information on how to prevent it going forward.
  • Options
    There was clearly a reason they felt it was appropriate to remove Rating. We don't know all the details. Probably another reason discussing actions is not allowed here. It doesn't come without reason.
  • Options
    There was clearly a reason they felt it was appropriate to remove Rating. We don't know all the details. Probably another reason discussing actions is not allowed here. It doesn't come without reason.

LMAO no one is disputing that they had a reason. Probably a good reason though I'm not just going to take it for granted like you do. The problem is the position this action puts the alliance in. Any helpful thoughts on how do deal with that rather than stating the obvious?
  • Options
    How is Kabam allowing other players to know the last time you logged on any different than them telling you that someone was cheating? And I still don't understand how it's violating their privacy by informing the alliance leader that so n so was in violation of the terms of service.
  • Options
    They don't discuss actions on individual Accounts. That's not going to change anytime soon. There are different forms of cheating. Could be anything from Account Sharing to using a Mod. They've been upfront about the fact that they can and will remove Rating if they see fit. Bottom line is it's not going to happen. They're not going to say who was accosted.
  • Options
    I agree @Earth_Rick_c137. They still wouldn't have to discuss the specifics but if they are penalizing the alliance due to a particular player it's crazy for them to leave the alliance in the dark with said player still in the mix.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    They don't discuss actions on individual Accounts. That's not going to change anytime soon. There are different forms of cheating. Could be anything from Account Sharing to using a Mod. They've been upfront about the fact that they can and will remove Rating if they see fit. Bottom line is it's not going to happen. They're not going to say who was accosted.

Saying who was accused does not constitute discussing action on individual accounts. Going into specifics does. Other things you have said weren't going to happen happened (like more rank down tickets). An alliance has a real problem and your response is "Kabam says this. It won't happen." Leave that to the mods. The OP is about problems caused by the current Kabam position. Restating the current Kabam position is not helpful. If you agree with the Kabam position and you think the alliance should have this problem than explain. If you think Kabam should do something other than what they are doing (I know that's an insane thought, but just hypothetically speaking lol) than say so. Regurgitating the Kabam position which everyone knows is spam.
  • Options
    By violating the terms of service by cheating don't you waive certain rights anyway? It's not like Kabam is posting someone's personal information by simply pointing a finger at the perp so that the alliance knows who to kick.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Seems pretty asinine to me that the action was so severe that your whole alliance was tiered down but yet no player was actually banned. The justice seems to be determined by some form of RNG as it’s not consistent.
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    same thing happened to my alliance. They are catching accounts that are being sold off by their previous owners and calling it cheating.
  • Options
    Hey everyone, the forums are not the place to discuss any actions taken on individual accounts, including in-game bans. There is more information here in our forums regarding bans. Closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.