**Known AQ Bug**
We are aware that some alliances encountered a bug during this last AQ that would not allow them to start maps on certain days. We know this has impacted your rewards.
We have been looking into the cause of the problem and once we have resolved it we will explore how to make things right for the impacted alliances. We will provide any additional communication in

this thread.

Summoners! The Tiered Unit Offers available during the Summoner Celebration sale are only available until July 4th at 10 AM PT, unlike the Unit Store offers, which are available until July 5th at 10 AM PT. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may cause.

In Defense of Kabam

HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
Alright, so I know a lot of people hate on Kabam for being unable to solve bugs in between updates, for the most part, giving out ridiculous offers meant to squeeze every last penny out of your wallet, and overall just not seem to be as helpful as they should be.
I myself do believe that some offers - I'm looking at you, 5* Shard Offer! - are overpriced and designed to prey on ignorant players. Sure, this game has more bugs than others, and they might not be fixed that much from update to update.
HOWEVER!
I believe that Kabam IS trying to fix all these bugs, and they might not be doing the best job of it, but they ARE trying. And this is probably the reason why they can't be as helpful on other things. They're too busy fixing those bugs to have time for anything else, for the most part. The majority of the offers Kabam features are overpriced, and don't give as much value as we'd like them to. But has anyone considered that everyone working for Kabam is just another person, a common citizen of the world, working to support themselves and the family they might have?
My point is, we, the players, are giving Kabam perhaps too much hate. We're frustrated, with their offers, with the quality of their support, and this can be justified. However, it is my belief, as just another player, another Summoner in this grand Contest of Champions, that Kabam is trying, at the very least, to fix these issues and put out better content. Should we not give them a chance, as we would anyone else? Is it really Kabam trying to rip us off, or is it us, the players, who make it seem that way? Is it their fault; or ours?

Comments

  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    LOL
  • JayimageJayimage Posts: 94
    I'm sorry i had to flag this ****.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    We should give them a chance to make up for their past mistakes.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    We should give them a chance to make up for their past mistakes.

    What do you think the last 3 months have been? How much more time do you want to give?
  • JayimageJayimage Posts: 94
    ^ chance has been given way before 12.1. as why the community stand against kabam. they don't give a **** about the bugs thats more money in their pockets. **** let me know what you're smoking i would love some of that.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I give up. It seems this is the way its gonna be for all eternity.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 14,686 Guardian
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Alright, so I know a lot of people hate on Kabam for being unable to solve bugs in between updates, for the most part, giving out ridiculous offers meant to squeeze every last penny out of your wallet, and overall just not seem to be as helpful as they should be.
    I myself do believe that some offers - I'm looking at you, 5* Shard Offer! - are overpriced and designed to prey on ignorant players. Sure, this game has more bugs than others, and they might not be fixed that much from update to update.
    HOWEVER!
    I believe that Kabam IS trying to fix all these bugs, and they might not be doing the best job of it, but they ARE trying. And this is probably the reason why they can't be as helpful on other things. They're too busy fixing those bugs to have time for anything else, for the most part. The majority of the offers Kabam features are overpriced, and don't give as much value as we'd like them to. But has anyone considered that everyone working for Kabam is just another person, a common citizen of the world, working to support themselves and the family they might have?
    My point is, we, the players, are giving Kabam perhaps too much hate. We're frustrated, with their offers, with the quality of their support, and this can be justified. However, it is my belief, as just another player, another Summoner in this grand Contest of Champions, that Kabam is trying, at the very least, to fix these issues and put out better content. Should we not give them a chance, as we would anyone else? Is it really Kabam trying to rip us off, or is it us, the players, who make it seem that way? Is it their fault; or ours?

    Holy moley, where to start.

    Easy stuff first. Are the people working at Kabam trying their best to do their job and make a good product? By in large, I believe so. Is their best good enough? Sometimes not. Maybe too often not. Should the players give Kabam a chance? Of course. Should they express their complaints when the game underperforms? Also of course.

    On to harder stuff. Is Kabam trying to cheat the players with their offers? Yes and no, mostly no. The F2P gaming industry has essentially all but adopted the religion that a small percentage of players will generate a large percentage of revenue. Every single player's propensity to spend money on a game is different, and Kabam is likely to make the most revenue by targeting more of their offers towards those willing to spend more on less. This is good and bad for the players. It is bad because so many offers seem to be not worth it or too expensive to take advantage of. But if you think about it, by making a few people generate most of the revenue, the vast majority of the players can play the game for free or with very little outlay. The whales spending tons of cash on five star fragments are, in a sense, subsidizing the free monthly calendar giveaways we all get for nothing.

    On paper, I think the system actually works very well, allowing a few rich people to support a much larger set of spend-thrifts. Where I think it isn't all roses is the fact that it is well-known that F2P games use many of the psychological tools of addiction to lock players into the game. That's a subject way beyond the scope of this post to get into, but the bottom line is that if it is just rich people buying one less Ferrari to spend money on a couple dozen Odins, and all they get is a small set of resources that doesn't put them at a huge overwhelming advantage to everyone else, that's fine by me. In fact, the worse the offers look, the better, specifically because it means the whales get something for their cash, but not too much. But if people are spending their lunch money on 4* champions, that's not good, especially if they are getting very poor value for their lunch money.

    Now to your point. Are the players too negative? I can only answer that question on a personal level. For myself personally, if I was one tenth as angry as some of the forum posters around here, I wouldn't be around here. MCOC is for me entertainment. Sure, there are elements of it that are work-like. People spend a ton of effort on other entertaining things: they work out, they play sports, they run marathons, they remodel their homes, they practice playing the piano. For me, I can't be that negative about a game, not because games are not important enough to get upset about, but because I wouldn't select a past time that made me that angry that consistently.

    The positives have to outweigh the negatives, and by a lot, or it makes no sense to me to continue on. It is not my place to tell people how to interact with the game, but if you're asking if the playerbase is too negative, in general I think they are often more negative than I would be about anything I would voluntarily play.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,039 ★★★★
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    We should give them a chance to make up for their past mistakes.

    That's the point. There shouldn't have BEEN a mistake in the first place. The game was working fine, they were making money. And they got too greedy, trying to do too many things at once, which negatively impacted the playerbase, rendering the game not fun anymore. Isn't that the point of playing a game, not to have fun?

    3 months have passed, yet there still are numerous problems with gameplay. This isn't the smooth running game I used to know, so understand that people are frustrated and fed up of waiting for things to get better.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,408 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    I have to say I agree. I'm not one to tell people not to express their frustration. I also don't deny that there are issues. They are human beings. They do their best. Some issues get resolved, some don't. Some pop up again, and have to be reworked. At the end of the day, they do what they can, and they're constantly working on it. I don't consider success as the amount of mistakes that are prevented. I consider it a willingness to continue working on them.
    Let's be honest, and I mean no offense to anyone specifically. This place is full of negativity. It may be justified and it may not be. I'm not debating that. I see everyday how issues that come up become blown way out of proportion, and that in turn makes it harder for them to do their job because they're filtering through the dramatics to identify valid issues. Don't mistake me by saying that. I'm not saying problems aren't valid. Simply that the reactions can be extra.
    I feel it was exacerbated by the 12.0 situation. We still hear about it everyday. The issue became so magnified by the Media, YouTube, Online Forums, etc. To this day, people are still feeding it and profiting from the unrest.
    It became an outlet of anger, and anger breeds anger. In a sense, it became its own entity.
    The reality is there were issues before that. Sure, people were still upset and frustrated when that happened. It wasn't as magnified as it is now. It's become a way to compound issues. Everything that comes up is added to a tally, and it usually references "12.0".
    If we as a community have any hope at all of working with them in a healthy way, we need to look at things as they come and let go of those resentments. We're over 13.0 now, and it's still mentioned on a daily basis.
    Yes, I agree. There is way too much negativity. It's going to exist. That's just a part of the consumer interaction in general. Of course people will be upset. There will be issues. There were before 12.0. I think a little patience and respect go a long way because when it becomes extra, the community joins in on it and it doesn't really help the situation. Just creates a negative resistance to a negative situation.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 14,686 Guardian
    Addyos wrote: »
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    We should give them a chance to make up for their past mistakes.

    That's the point. There shouldn't have BEEN a mistake in the first place. The game was working fine, they were making money. And they got too greedy, trying to do too many things at once, which negatively impacted the playerbase, rendering the game not fun anymore. Isn't that the point of playing a game, not to have fun?

    Attributing the 12.0 changes to greed is illogical. Platform and holistic mechanics changes are just about the most expensive changes you can make to an MMO. The notion that they would do that just to cause players to spend more money to adjust to those changes is simply inconsistent with reality. There were and are far easier ways to make more money, both in the short term and in the long term.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,408 ★★★★★
    I expressed my feelings on the subject. Feel free to feed what you like.
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    edited June 2017
    GroundedWisdom pls stop. Just stop. We all know what you're up to and it's getting boring real fast.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,408 ★★★★★
    Mayhem is not even here. Lol.
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    We all know who you are. Unless you're the guy from Split.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,408 ★★★★★
    I am not Mayhem. Believe me, Mayhem would have worded it much differently.
  • Indrick781Indrick781 Posts: 480 ★★★★
    Here's the issues with Kabam that the ones complaining are discussing(I'm included in this).

    1. For a month AQ was bugged to hell with Dormammu fights causing some players to crash out immediately and having to spend on very overpriced potions to complete it. Instead of saying "We're aware of this issue and until we get this issue fixed, alliance potions will be 50% off" they did nothing.
    2. They removed alliance revives from AQ milestones, but kept the price the same in the store. The glory store(which is a great thing overall) didn't have them initially and now that it does, it's a 365 health revive that isn't even a parry for expert tier players. We mention this and Kabam barely acknowledges it and once again does nothing.
    3. Their offers. They offer ridiculously priced offers for "second chances" at formerly 5* featured champions. Not long after that deal expires, they announce that there will be a sub-featured pool in the featured crystals with the same champions in them. This struck people who bought this offer as both greedy and deceitful. They make some good offers and then some really terrible ones. Make them consistently good and more people will buy them.
    4. Rank down tickets. Yes, we know that Kabam intended them to be for massive changes like 12.0. We're telling them that we would purchase them if made available from time to time. Especially those at the top end with limited tier 2 alphas for use.
    5. The Android downtime. The simplest solution was re-run the arenas. Instead, Kabam botched the compensation for it. They chose to give very little back to only Android users, even though the downtime affected AQ and AW for every alliance.

    The TLDR portion of this is Kabam has lost touch with the playerbase and doesn't seem to care much to improve relations. We only got 12.1 because of all the negative press and the organized boycott. We were promised better communication and transparency and haven't gotten either.
  • This post is pathetic. First, NO, they are NOT making any effort to fix many of the issues, I mean 4 months on pure skill and nothing?! If you believe they are trying to fix stuff you've never played any other game in your life. Never seen such incompetence from any game provider, online, applications, game system, etc and I've been gaming since Atari days and technology way better over the years.
    Second, they have to provide for their family? You serious?? It's a guy or two making hundreds of millions ripping off customers, likely paying employees minimum wage, as shown by horrible shown support service and no quality control and nonstop bugs. You get what you pay for in other words, at customers expense, the top guy just keeps taking in millions laughing at all the fools making his mansion and and boat payments while getting nothing in return. Boycott spending money until kabam starts fixing stuff!!
  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    edited June 2017
    So they are too busy to put up a potion sale to help ease all the pain the bugs has caused?
    They acknowledge all the bugs but yet does nothing to to alleviate the situation.

    All the negativity they have received is because they have not been able to rectify their mistakes and makies no notable effort in repairing the relationship with the player base.

    You can defend Kabam all you want but at the end of the day the player base wants to be entertained and not frustrated. If they wants to keep their light on they must make the player base happy. It is human to make mistakes but they must atone for all of their errors.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 14,686 Guardian
    Second, they have to provide for their family? You serious?? It's a guy or two making hundreds of millions ripping off customers, likely paying employees minimum wage, as shown by horrible shown support service and no quality control and nonstop bugs.

    Two guys making hundreds of millions of dollars peddling minimum wage coders is the wet dream of every software venture capital firm in the world. Unfortunately, someone already started Facebook.

    More seriously, game designers and related professionals probably make between $60k and $100k at Kabam. An experienced game designer, lets say someone who would work on creating characters like Hyperion or the Vulture, probably makes about $80k.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 7,975 ★★★★★
    Kabam are not trying their best. If that were true bugs that have plagued us for months would not be around
  • username92847username92847 Posts: 293
    txkqc2cdi8s7.png
Sign In or Register to comment.