**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2 Choices-Generic Awakening Gem-Your Choice?

Jdat84Jdat84 Posts: 112
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Who would u awaken and why?

2 Choices-Generic Awakening Gem-Your Choice? 98 votes

4* Archangel r4
78%
Jh_DezRagamugginGunnerShrimkinsZeke_the_XbotDHCVoLtGolden_GuardianGbSarkarRedBaron99ClaytonNinjAlanHolyDirkness41CapWW2FrostyThatsausagevg2782Dexman1349INTEGRALAxeCopFiremmmbanyasbuffajr 77 votes
4* Magic r4
21%
stakRaganatorSlux83Spity68Fireballs5lozzadudeDanicb94Delta_14Mets17Sac123_Solrac_2Vinitlalka1988Stark78AlfaJCPer14SgtAnime1taojay1ElitehunterLogangronckiManick43Arab5 21 votes

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    4* Archangel r4
    You honestly won't regret either one. I do wish I had ranked up my Magik earlier because I need her to deal with the Spite nodes of RTTL, but the pure damage and the added benefits of AA's neurotoxin have gotten me through just as much content (if not more) elsewhere.
  • Jdat84Jdat84 Posts: 112
    Thanks Dex. Great feedback. Looks neck n neck at 50/50 on the poll. Dang. Tough choice!
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    4* Archangel r4
    Ya you cannot really go wrong with either, just think AA could benefit more.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    4* Archangel r4
    Archangel is one of those characters who it feels kinda like his sig ability isn't doing much...until you are clearing nasty content and people aren't proccing stuff on you. You just appreciate that more than you think you will, over time, in my opinion.

Neither choice is wrong or bad -- Magik is awesome, too. Very useful. But if i have to pick one, it's AA by a slight margin
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    neither I would use on someone that I would get more use out of
  • either one is a good choice
    Foxhero007 wrote: »

Like who? Who would u use it on if u could pick 3 champs?
    What if we add KANG to the mix?
    Would u use it on him instead of either AA or Magic simply on the fact that he's so rare?
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    4* Archangel r4
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    You honestly won't regret either one. I do wish I had ranked up my Magik earlier because I need her to deal with the Spite nodes of RTTL, but the pure damage and the added benefits of AA's neurotoxin have gotten me through just as much content (if not more) elsewhere.

AA can stop spite with his ability accuracy reduction as well. Not a very reliable way of dealing with spite but a way nonetheless
  • This is one of those both are good options but who would benefit your present roster now. Thats how you should decide on this one
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    edited February 2018
    4* Archangel r4
    I'm personally a fan of holding on to resources (gems, cats, etc.) until you NEED to use them - e.g., they are expiring, or you need it for specific content.

Archangel's sig has been an MVP for me lately because he's been able to totally shut down regen in Trials of the King, the Dark Phoenix boss fight in the monthly quest, and the Michael Jordan challenge.

If I had a Magik, I'm not sure I'd use a generic gem on her, but that's because my past alliance had a ton of solid bosses and mini-bosses, and a 4/40 awakened Magik would not have added too much to our defense. You might find yourself in a very different situation here.

I voted Archangel, but I personally would just hold onto it until someone like a Voodoo, or Blade, or Medusa, or Scarlet Witch comes up... I have a generic that I could use on Gwenpool or Iceman right now, but I'm saving it for someone who will benefit more from the awakening.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    4* Archangel r4
    I just used a generic AG on AA earlier in the week and have no regrets.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    4* Archangel r4

This is funny, but not surprising because I remember him creating a "nerf hyperions power gain" thread couple weeks ago. Clearly he could benefit from using magik more.

Magik and AA are some of the most useful and desired champs for a reason. They do well in AW, magik on defense or offense, and are still relevant in even act 5.4.

Imagine this, with all my 5/50s, 3/45s, and 4/55s, my 4* 4/40 AA still finds his way on my team pretty often while working on act 5 exploration. He wrecks any nodes that allow healing and probably will be 5/50 next level up event (had no gold the one that just passed lol).
    Magik is great for the resilience and power nodes in 5.4.

So either champ is still relevant for endgame content. If you are not using them, either you do not have them or you have no idea how to use them.
  • Magik is also a great attacker. Dont agree with magik only as a defender
  • cycyancycyan Posts: 77
    4* Archangel r4
    Arch, he’s good defense he’s fun to play and he can fly like a birdy :)
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    4* Magic r4
    AA is an attacker
    Magik is Defender.

Magik is one of the best if not the best two way champs in this game--great attacker and defender. If you reach her L2, it's lights out for the opponent. AA is also amazing but if they don't bleed he sucks and if they can't be poisoned he's still good but not god--tier. You can't go wrong with either choice.
    Thanks everyone! Great advice. Im still undecided based on the great points brought to light. I think I will go try to beat ROL now and see what awakening gem I get. That should help, hopefully...

I have a 4* KANG though that I really want to r5 and awaken, but just dont see myself usong him as much as AA or Magic.
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    Archangel will be the Basic champion in the arena around the beginning of August. Should be running against a new champ in the featured, so his cutoff should be manageable. =P

You can also wait to dupe one from a crystal and use your gem on the other after that. =)
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    Jdat84 wrote: »

Like who? Who would u use it on if u could pick 3 champs?

I would use a generic awakening gem on my Yellowjacket, Guillotine or Psyloke
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    4* Archangel r4
    While Magik is awesome duped, Archangel duped is a killing machine. He can shut down ability accuracy with enough neurotoxins. This is very helpful against crazy regens, even the ones that are not on screen.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    4* Magic r4
    Gotta go with Magik. She is not limited against bleed and poison immune. I have both duped as 5*, Magik is my go to. But neither is a wrong choice.
    I thought Magic would get more love tbh. But I guess AA is just THAT good huh.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    4* Archangel r4
    The damage
    The damage

Gotcha.