**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Android - loading issue persists [Under Investigation]

demeddemed Posts: 81
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Since the last update on Android, whenever i switch from a wifi connection to my own data, the game just loads indefinitely. I need to shut the game and reopen the app everytime. Also if the signal goes low and then high again, it does the same thing. This never used to happen before and it's very inconvenient. @Kabam Wolf this has not been resolved and was caused by the latest update on androids. You responded to the last message on that thread (who wasnt the OP) and which was on a different issue.

Samsung galaxy s7
Android 0.7
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    Asking help from kabam support didn't get me anywhere. I can login some times but mostly I can't login.
  • FeanorFeanor Posts: 6
    Same here. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
  • It's been like that for the last 10 hours. Samsung Note 4
  • Mike8mn123dudeMike8mn123dude Posts: 33
    Me too, finish fight, device switches 4g to 3g and I lose to hr battle since arena. It just clocks and hangs. I'm on Verizon Droid phone.
  • HarvesterHarvester Posts: 2
    Same here. Was practicing ROL yesterday and after 20 min fight against WS I won and the game just kept loading on a victory screen for like another 20 mins. Signal was strong on 4g and H+. Tried disabling data for a sec and turning back on. Didn't help. Frustrating!!!
  • SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    Google Pixel XL
    Android 7.1.2
    Just adding to the list of people who have connection/loading issues. Low wifi or switch to LTE from wifi results in the game hanging on a transition screen, have to force close the app and relaunch. Also, still getting the intermittent boot after arena matches (once in quest) at conclusion of fight. KO comes up, but game closes instantly before the "Victory" screen comes up. The match is recorded as a victory without penalty.
  • XiaoMI Max
    Same Issue.
  • Hey everyone, if I'm reading this correctly, you're all having issues with the game when using cell data, on an Android device, but not having issues when you have a solid wifi signal. Is that right?

Have you already tried closing out the game completely and rebooting the device, as well as switching airplane mode on and then back off again to ensure you have an updated signal to the device?

I saw one mention of Verizon carrier. Is anyone utilizing a different carrier?

Let's get some additional information for our team to review!

Device:
    OS Version:
    Game Version:
    Carrier:
    The specific area this occurs:
    Troubleshooting steps already taken:
    Additional details:
  • SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    Device: Google Pixel XL
    OS Version: 7.1.2
    Game Version: 13.1.1
    Carrier: Project Fi (which leverages T-Mobile, Sprint, and Alcatel wireless networks, I believe)
    The specific area this occurs: Of the game? It occurs everywhere there's a transition screen - fight-to-fight, going from one area of the game to another through the top nav, where it just hangs on the loading screen with the hydra logo spinning forever until you force close the app
    Troubleshooting steps already taken: Device restarted, cache data cleared, profanity uttered
    Additional details: Seems to happen on lower (2-bar) Wifi signal, or just after transition from wifi to cell data or vice versa, or transition from one wifi network to another (I have two zones at home)
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    I have tried rebooting the device. It didn't help.

I'm having the issue with a wifi connection. It's not the best connection in the world, but it was never a problem before, and I'm not having the issue with my iphone.

Device: HUAWEI PLE-703L MediaPad T2 7.0 Pro
    OS Version: Android 5.1.1
    Game version: Up to date
    Carrier: irrelevant, I'm on wifi
    The specific area this occurs: Logging in is fine, but the first time I try to do anything, it gets stuck. Opening a crystal, loading the Alliance tab, pretty much anything just never loads.
    Troubleshooting steps already taken. I've shut down the game and restarted it several times. The results are always the same. I've tried with with a different wifi. I've rebooted the device.

I tried switching airplane mode on and off. Things seem to be working now. I haven't tried to do much yet, so maybe it will crash later or maybe it is a coincidence. I don't know, but it's worth trying. It's weird that that would work when rebooting didn't.
    Nevermind, it's perma-loading again. Turning airplane mode on and back off only worked for about 3 minutes, if that was even it.
  • KlyntarchKlyntarch Posts: 2
    same issue here. Please fix this asap
  • ThatrahulThatrahul Posts: 10
    @TenebrousTenebrific whenever using any network or wifi its happens loading going on but nothing happen then
    Xperia m2 4.4 device thatrahul gameid
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Google Pixel XL (google version)
    Verizon
    The issue happens in multiple areas, these are all from today: AW defender placement, Home Page (trying to select from menu), Arena Victory screen, Quest map when moving.
    I have rebooted, start and stooped app, cleared cache. Nothing helped

This happens:
    1. I lose network connection (or weak) over WiFi on same Network.
    2. Going from WiFi to mobile data (automatically when not in WiFi range)

*Network/reconnect: WiFi to WiFi and WiFi to Mobile Data.
    The shield looking icon saying no Network connection does NOT come up. There is no option to reconnect. Just a small gear on bottom right.

*Network/reconnect: Mobile Data to Mobile Data
    I do NOT have this problem when on Mobile data and lose my connection (no service). The app shows the no Network message, tries to reconnect, and goes to reconnect screen/button
    When I am back in an area with mobile I am able to reconnect.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    @TenebrousTenebrific
    If you want to replicate I suggest using any Android phone with 7.1.2. connect with WiFi (your office) then just walk away until you no longer have a signal.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Device - Samsung SM-J500F
    OS version - 5.1.1
    Game version - 13.1.1
    Carrier - Airtel LTE
    Usually occurs in arena or asking for help or logging screen

Tried putting to airplane mode, restarting, shutting sim card off then on this works for a few mins then back to perma-loading
  • Mad_RagewolfMad_Ragewolf Posts: 103
    Device - Samsung J5 (2016) SM-J510GN
    Android version - 6.0.1
    Game version - 13.1.1
    Carrier - Globe telecom

on Arena on AQ... after a fight before the KO should appear... it loads up... like it is in froze but the loading icon still rotating...
  • Device - Samsung S4
    Android version - 5.0.1
    Game version - 13.1.1
    Carrier - China Mobile 4G and Wifi

Tried reinstalling the game still the problem exist
  • Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    This is all the same issue, there are 3 or so other threads about this .. Kabam wont acknowledge any issue's even though there are lots of users who are having it... please post comments on the other threads and keep them alive and at the top of the list.. they are hoping to ignore it to death
  • It happens to me as well when im on the train when the signal goes from LTE to H when the fight has ended. It will just freeze and i have to close and re-open the game, then i have lost the fight and half my health is gone.

Device - One Plus
    Game - Latest Game Version
    Carrier - Optus
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Scud70 wrote: »
    This is all the same issue, there are 3 or so other threads about this .. Kabam wont acknowledge any issue's even though there are lots of users who are having it... please post comments on the other threads and keep them alive and at the top of the list.. they are hoping to ignore it to death

As long as they dont post a comment they can feign ignorance but they read all. So annoying
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    @TenebrousTenebrific
    Also happening to me
    Device-Redmi note 3
    Os-Android marshmallow v6.0.1
    Carrier-airtel india 4g
    Im playing this game from November with same data carrier and never happen this issue except sometime when this game already had login issue.then how can it be cause of my data carrier i never face such problem its definitely bug.
  • Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    It happens to me as well when im on the train when the signal goes from LTE to H when the fight has ended. It will just freeze and i have to close and re-open the game, then i have lost the fight and half my health is gone.

Device - One Plus
    Game - Latest Game Version
    Carrier - Optus

Yep thats definitely the issue, when your wifi swaps channels or u lose connection for a brief period of time (it could be milliseconds) it does not reconnect to the server and you have to crash out. This also means that if your data connection drops slightly while mobile or swaps from 4g to 3g or vice versa your likely to end up having to do the same to connect again.....

I've tried this and it is exactly what is happening (turning wifi off to swap to 4g and the other way)... Game will not reconnect if you drop connection even for a tiny amount of time.... only on android .. works ok (although the screen freezes for a bit) on iphones/ios
  • Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    Hey everyone, if I'm reading this correctly, you're all having issues with the game when using cell data, on an Android device, but not having issues when you have a solid wifi signal. Is that right?

Have you already tried closing out the game completely and rebooting the device, as well as switching airplane mode on and then back off again to ensure you have an updated signal to the device?

I saw one mention of Verizon carrier. Is anyone utilizing a different carrier?

Let's get some additional information for our team to review!

Device:
    OS Version:
    Game Version:
    Carrier:
    The specific area this occurs:
    Troubleshooting steps already taken:
    Additional details:

Hey dude I am using wifi...solid 4G but still I can't connect. I am only able to connect after 1am (yah 1 am) n till 8/9 am. After that the game starts lagging. Closing n opening it sends u to a login where it's trying to login for ever but still doesn't login. I hav already contacted Kabam support and I am not satisfied with their help service
  • Thank you, everyone, for sharing details! We'll make sure this gets seen by the Game Team for further review. Certainly, some connection issues can be dependent upon how solid your own connection is, but if it's strong and it's a matter of the game not being able to reconnect in a short amount of time with a solid signal, then we'll absolutely want to look into this further.

I did see a few other threads along a similar vein, although this one seems to be Android specific, so we'll keep this one open for now. Please feel free to add your details here if you are experiencing the same issue. You are certainly also welcome to write to our Support Team to provide additional and more specific details directly. They will forward your specifics onto the Game Team as well.
    This is definitely something new. A couple of days ago I never had this problem. Now I can't use my android device at all. It went from consistently working to consistently not working, so something in the game or the servers changed.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Android 4.2.2
    Alcatel One Touch 7041X
    It happens anywhere