With AW Seasons coming it’s time to end account sharing.

2»

Comments

  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 83
    Bump. This game isn’t fun now with all top allies piloting...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 21,645 ★★★★★
    I know that. I meant we didn't have to be paranoid about our behaviour being monitored. I'm on the side of stopping it myself. I'm just not sure that we need to keep posting about it because they're monitoring it. If it were up to me, there would be no hesitation. I just think it's interesting how people are commenting on it now that there are Rewards being chased after when I've been saying all along that its against the rules. Lol
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 847 ★★★
    Funny I think they should allow account sharing within alliances.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    bm3epps wrote: »
    I would never account share because whose to say that the person you give access to your account won't screw you over..sell all of your champs etc...too risky I'm but good luck to the ones who are bold to do such..lol

    This is what happened to people actually. Original account owners got screwed and then they whine to the forums that their accounts were "hacked". They were cheating and in the end, got cheated.

    But some account owners are quite inventive with their stories. A few years ago, an owner shared her account with her league mates in a game called Castlot, used to be hosted by Kabam. She was on vacation and wanted someone to look after the account. One of the people she shared the account with was a GM.

    Account sharing is against the rules in Caslot.

    But it should be no surprise to anyone that nobody got suspended since one of the people involved is a GM. And the only reason I know this is that the owner posted her entire story in the forum and the GM as well as another confirmed that her account was shared.

    Why would she do that? Why would she post all this in the forum?

    She claimed that the GM misused her account. No evidence of misuse was provided. It was your typical troll posting but that's not the good part.

    So why didn't she simply change the password to keep this GM from using it? Well, here's the good part. She claimed that her Kabam account has a virus in it and her machine would crash. Kabam support is unwilling to help her. So this means that everyone else can get into her account, but not her.

  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 871 ★★★★
    How about kabaam just cuts AQ and AW timers?

    No need for account sharing. And in arenas, anyone who gets the featured champ gets investigated to make sure they didn't mod or account share.

    Problem solved. Just like in sports with more aggressive testing for PED, kabaam should be more strict and spend some resources to enforce their rules.

    Some heads will roll but there will always be people who step up and are willing to spend. It's marvel for crying out loud, it's the most lucrative IP in the planet.
  • IP addresses and vpn's don't matter. Unique hardware id's do. The amount of data your devices send companies is huge. That data is also logged. Creating a profile for a user from the logged data is ridiculously simple and commonplace. It's not a man-power or man-hours issue. It's also not an issue of "mistakenly disciplining the wrong player bc of multiple accounts/travel/etc". Because of the log history and ability to create a user profile from that data, they could always get the right player.

    Many people will say "it doesn't affect you, why do you care?". But that's wrong-headed and/or purposefully naive. This is a competitive game, even moreso now with the aw reward changes. Reaching higher tiers of rewards and maintaining those tiers is supposed to require dedication and coordination by 30 alliance members. That is one of the difficulties of the game, by design. Timers in aq/aw are also part of that designed difficulty. Finding ways around those roadblocks is equivalent to using an exploit to explore LOL. You're breaking rules in order to attain rewards. Tbh, I care less about what you do in single player modes than alliance modes. Here's why:

    Alliance modes offer the best rewards. Cheating to get those rewards and then continuing to cheat to continue getting those rewards keeps other honest players from getting those rewards. It's your alliance against mine. If mine can't devote the necessary time and effort to reach platinum 1 tier (regardless of our skill level), then we can't have/don't deserve those rewards. If yours has to account share to do so, then yours doesn't deserve them either. If you think that reasoning is wrong, that's fine.. But I'd bet a large sum of money that if cutting out account sharing were done immediately, you'd find a major shake up in the leader board and your eyes would be opened to how prevalent it is.

    But this issue is more complex than even that. This issue is a long-term issue. Account sharing is what got these alliances to the tiers they're in (in many, but not all cases. I do not mean to paint with too broad a brush). This cheating has been allowed by kabam for a very long time. If you speak with (or are in) higher tiered alliance members regularly, you will know many of them know much more about each other than members of middle tier alliances know about each other. They're keyed into each other in many ways. They're pretty open and honest about the NECESSITY of account sharing and how it GOT THEM to their tier and KEEPS them there. Imo, if you can't get there and stay there honestly, you don't deserve any of the rewards you're getting now or have gotten in the past.

    This is much, much worse than the incident where players were re-running paths in an event quest but the same idea. Those players were knowingly getting more rewards than they should, tho they were not directly breaking a rule of the game. Pilots and account sharers are knowingly and directly breaking a rule for the best rewards in the game.. Over a loooong period of time. And not even trying to hide it. Why should people on the leader board be allowed to get away with outright cheating?

  • chunkyb wrote: »
    IP addresses and vpn's don't matter. Unique hardware id's do. The amount of data your devices send companies is huge. That data is also logged. Creating a profile for a user from the logged data is ridiculously simple and commonplace. It's not a man-power or man-hours issue. It's also not an issue of "mistakenly disciplining the wrong player bc of multiple accounts/travel/etc". Because of the log history and ability to create a user profile from that data, they could always get the right player.

    Many people will say "it doesn't affect you, why do you care?". But that's wrong-headed and/or purposefully naive. This is a competitive game, even moreso now with the aw reward changes. Reaching higher tiers of rewards and maintaining those tiers is supposed to require dedication and coordination by 30 alliance members. That is one of the difficulties of the game, by design. Timers in aq/aw are also part of that designed difficulty. Finding ways around those roadblocks is equivalent to using an exploit to explore LOL. You're breaking rules in order to attain rewards. Tbh, I care less about what you do in single player modes than alliance modes. Here's why:

    Alliance modes offer the best rewards. Cheating to get those rewards and then continuing to cheat to continue getting those rewards keeps other honest players from getting those rewards. It's your alliance against mine. If mine can't devote the necessary time and effort to reach platinum 1 tier (regardless of our skill level), then we can't have/don't deserve those rewards. If yours has to account share to do so, then yours doesn't deserve them either. If you think that reasoning is wrong, that's fine.. But I'd bet a large sum of money that if cutting out account sharing were done immediately, you'd find a major shake up in the leader board and your eyes would be opened to how prevalent it is.

    But this issue is more complex than even that. This issue is a long-term issue. Account sharing is what got these alliances to the tiers they're in (in many, but not all cases. I do not mean to paint with too broad a brush). This cheating has been allowed by kabam for a very long time. If you speak with (or are in) higher tiered alliance members regularly, you will know many of them know much more about each other than members of middle tier alliances know about each other. They're keyed into each other in many ways. They're pretty open and honest about the NECESSITY of account sharing and how it GOT THEM to their tier and KEEPS them there. Imo, if you can't get there and stay there honestly, you don't deserve any of the rewards you're getting now or have gotten in the past.

    This is much, much worse than the incident where players were re-running paths in an event quest but the same idea. Those players were knowingly getting more rewards than they should, tho they were not directly breaking a rule of the game. Pilots and account sharers are knowingly and directly breaking a rule for the best rewards in the game.. Over a loooong period of time. And not even trying to hide it. Why should people on the leader board be allowed to get away with outright cheating?

    Unique device ID has a BIIIG problem: What if you play your game on more then one device? (ex: at home you use the tablet, at work you use the company phone, in traffic you use the personal phone, NOT at the same time)
    what about that?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,787 ★★★★★
    Unique device ID has a BIIIG problem: What if you play your game on more then one device? (ex: at home you use the tablet, at work you use the company phone, in traffic you use the personal phone, NOT at the same time)
    what about that?[/quote]

    Scenario 1 - Player uses multiple devices to play his/her account from work/home/commuting, all three unique device IDs show that the player accessed his/her account within a 20 mile radius.

    Scenario 2 - Player gives his/her account info to alliance members who pilot the account because cheating is the only way that alliance wins AWs. That player’s account shows up under three different unique device IDs with with each one located in a different state or country.

    @Vic_SergeantCross The only problem is that multiple top 50-100 AW Rating alliances have disbanded because Kabam is starting to crack down on account sharing but these alliances are still in top AW tiers which prevent active alliances from receiving AW points multipliers they actually deserve.

  • @Vic_SergeantCross The only problem is that multiple top 50-100 AW Rating alliances have disbanded because Kabam is starting to crack down on account sharing but these alliances are still in top AW tiers which prevent active alliances from receiving AW points multipliers they actually deserve.[/quote]

    That’s not true at all
  • You guys don't actually think they're going to risk their revenue stream by taking any meaningful action against account sharing, do you?

    I've tried asking two different forum moderators (discreetly and politely) for some general (non-specific, as I know how they love to hide behind 'player privacy' to keep us in the dark) information to demonstrate how Kabam is holding up their end of their own TOS. Guess who has been completely ignored twice?

    And on the subject of privacy...do they have different privacy policies for the forum and game? They sure don't have any privacy concerns embarrassing those banned on the forum when they replace avatars with a sign advertising that the user has been banned...
  • GhostttGhosttt Posts: 61
    edited March 2018
    Piloting doesn’t really help their revenue stream. People fighting legit does because it makes it more competitive and people get more involved. Their losing players to this game because of all the piloting and their “key” players (the ones who basically fund this ****) are retiring by boat fulls because they’re/we’re tired of no action being taken. I love this game and honestly think Kabam does a good job with content creation and keeping the game fresh, but they need to be stricter with enforcing the rules and keeping the integrity of the game
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,787 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    That’s not true at all

    1megiszp5mob.png
    zn7qfbtr1yuz.png
    nb6rr0229kip.png
    epv306f8840o.png
    il4uxrkursda.png
    2tc3zmbeknrs.png

    @CloserByTomorrow Sure it’s not
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    5-10 allies up there mean that 5-10 allies are only getting a 7x multiplier instead of 8. It’s not the end of the world.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,787 ★★★★★
    MattScott wrote: »
    5-10 allies up there mean that 5-10 allies are only getting a 7x multiplier instead of 8. It’s not the end of the world.

    I provide evidence to support my comment and instead of acknowledging the problem exists you say that the situation is “not the end of the world”. Shouldn’t be that difficult to concede that someone has proved their point.

    My alliance probably won’t have a chance to finish in master but we have been fluctuating between platinum and gold tiers. If we don’t miss finishing in platinum by as many alliances that have disbanded but are still receiving boosted multiplier points I’ll agree with your comment. Whatever happens with that the problem still exists.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    IP addresses and vpn's don't matter. Unique hardware id's do. The amount of data your devices send companies is huge. That data is also logged. Creating a profile for a user from the logged data is ridiculously simple and commonplace. It's not a man-power or man-hours issue. It's also not an issue of "mistakenly disciplining the wrong player bc of multiple accounts/travel/etc". Because of the log history and ability to create a user profile from that data, they could always get the right player.

    Many people will say "it doesn't affect you, why do you care?". But that's wrong-headed and/or purposefully naive. This is a competitive game, even moreso now with the aw reward changes. Reaching higher tiers of rewards and maintaining those tiers is supposed to require dedication and coordination by 30 alliance members. That is one of the difficulties of the game, by design. Timers in aq/aw are also part of that designed difficulty. Finding ways around those roadblocks is equivalent to using an exploit to explore LOL. You're breaking rules in order to attain rewards. Tbh, I care less about what you do in single player modes than alliance modes. Here's why:

    Alliance modes offer the best rewards. Cheating to get those rewards and then continuing to cheat to continue getting those rewards keeps other honest players from getting those rewards. It's your alliance against mine. If mine can't devote the necessary time and effort to reach platinum 1 tier (regardless of our skill level), then we can't have/don't deserve those rewards. If yours has to account share to do so, then yours doesn't deserve them either. If you think that reasoning is wrong, that's fine.. But I'd bet a large sum of money that if cutting out account sharing were done immediately, you'd find a major shake up in the leader board and your eyes would be opened to how prevalent it is.

    But this issue is more complex than even that. This issue is a long-term issue. Account sharing is what got these alliances to the tiers they're in (in many, but not all cases. I do not mean to paint with too broad a brush). This cheating has been allowed by kabam for a very long time. If you speak with (or are in) higher tiered alliance members regularly, you will know many of them know much more about each other than members of middle tier alliances know about each other. They're keyed into each other in many ways. They're pretty open and honest about the NECESSITY of account sharing and how it GOT THEM to their tier and KEEPS them there. Imo, if you can't get there and stay there honestly, you don't deserve any of the rewards you're getting now or have gotten in the past.

    This is much, much worse than the incident where players were re-running paths in an event quest but the same idea. Those players were knowingly getting more rewards than they should, tho they were not directly breaking a rule of the game. Pilots and account sharers are knowingly and directly breaking a rule for the best rewards in the game.. Over a loooong period of time. And not even trying to hide it. Why should people on the leader board be allowed to get away with outright cheating?

    Unique device ID has a BIIIG problem: What if you play your game on more then one device? (ex: at home you use the tablet, at work you use the company phone, in traffic you use the personal phone, NOT at the same time)
    what about that?

    That's also very simple. And it has to do with your repeated habits, history of device id's used, monitoring when a new device id shows up, cross reference to see what other accts show w that id, seeing if that id stays in your id "pool", cross referencing used addresses by that id. I mean, there's a ton of ways to do it and monitor and use the data that's already collected. It doesn't even take that much work.
  • That’s not true at all

    1megiszp5mob.png
    zn7qfbtr1yuz.png
    nb6rr0229kip.png
    epv306f8840o.png
    il4uxrkursda.png
    2tc3zmbeknrs.png

    @CloserByTomorrow Sure it’s not

    I dunno that this is people quitting or abandoning, so much as gaming the system still. It's been a very common practice for a long time
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,787 ★★★★★
    I dunno that this is people quitting or abandoning, so much as gaming the system still. It's been a very common practice for a long time

    izrak2wzfkb5.jpeg

    This has been floating around on social media forums/groups. Can’t think of this being related to anything except AW piloting or AW modding/hacking.
  • Every one of those I've tracked down has supposedly been about 3rd party software.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    That’s not true at all

    1megiszp5mob.png
    zn7qfbtr1yuz.png
    nb6rr0229kip.png
    epv306f8840o.png
    il4uxrkursda.png
    2tc3zmbeknrs.png

    @CloserByTomorrow Sure it’s not

    I dunno that this is people quitting or abandoning, so much as gaming the system still. It's been a very common practice for a long time

    Those empty allies have nothing to do with disbanding because kabam caught them account sharing. Most of them swapped, one broke Up because of conflicted opinions. I don’t say things just to say them like the person I responded to
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    Every one of those I've tracked down has supposedly been about 3rd party software.

    Lol, you’re wrong bro
  • Hmm. Maybe so. It happened once before.
    Regardless, shell alliances are nothing new. You almost always see at least a handful on the leader board.

    As far as the picture that's been floating around, if you have some knowledge about it being because of account sharing... I'd love to hear it.

    It is kinda hard to be wrong in the statement I made tho. I tracked the pics I've seen down to their source or one person related to the source and was told each time about this or that mod. Haven't seen any hint of any of them that I've seen being about account sharing. And I'd imagine that if it were about account sharing, people that I speak with would be screaming it from the roof tops. Since account sharing is so common in the top tiers, they'd want to let their friends know.

    But you do you and continue with the "lol you're wrong bro" without providing any reason or proof as to why.. Especially after you just accused someone of just saying random side simply because they want to lmao
Sign In or Register to comment.