**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Amazing problem, Who to awaken ?

AlexanderpspAlexanderpsp Posts: 150
edited March 2018 in Strategy and Tips
So after many bad pulls My last two were Iceman and Archangel, can t be more Happy with !!
I also finished act 5 100% and i have the generic awakening gem ? Who should i use on ?

Amazing problem, Who to awaken ? 85 votes

ARchangel
80% 68 votes
Iceman
20% 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I think archangel benefits more. Alternatively rank 4 them both and decide then
  • Options
    I think archangel benefits more. Alternatively rank 4 them both and decide then
    They will go rank 3 for sure , I am thinking that I will need archangel for LOL
  • Options
    DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    edited March 2018
    Archangel definitely. I'd even say AA is maybe even worth a generic. Can't say the same for Iceman. As first post said, AA benefits from it WAY more than Iceman.
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    Iceman doesn’t need to be awakened.
  • Options
    Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Aa only stops regen. Iceman has coldsnap
  • Options
    Jakearound wrote: »
    It is true, but once you have the cold snap from the beginning it is much more easy to fight against Spider-Man’s or nightcrawler and other evade champs
  • Options
    AA does not only stop regen, reduce ability like magik limbo, unstoppable on jugg or unstoppable colossus
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    AA is worth the generic, Iceman is not. Iceman is still great without his dupe.

Easy choice, go for AA.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Jakearound wrote: »

Neither does AA. It’s better to awaken AA than Icy Boi because it just lets Icy Boi start the fight with something he’ll be able to cause anyway though
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Archangel does more damage awakened. Iceman is stronger awakened. So it depends on your fighting style I suppose. I would awaken both.
  • Options
    Archangel does more damage awakened. Iceman is stronger awakened. So it depends on your fighting style I suppose. I would awaken both.
    Would be nice to be able to awaken both of them with one gem 😂😂😂
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    If your were wanting to take iceman to r5 you would use it on him. Otherwise AA has more to gain and iceman is still great without. AA is kind of limited, I like him a lot but he’s a bit more of a specialty champ where as iceman is a rock that has few bad matchups.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Iceman is the far superior champ obviously, but AA needs the gem more as he's completely useless unawakened
  • Options
    PincheChingonPincheChingon Posts: 99
    edited March 2018
    Iceman, duel immunity, and able to prevent evaders like Spidey, Mordo, NC.
    Cold snap, s1, heavy and he deals massive damage!
    Good usefulness in aq and awd + awo
    I used my generic awaken gem on Iceman. At r4, He wrecks everything in war. Plus helps me on the caltrops path in map6
  • Options
    wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    edited March 2018

Aa also reduces ability accuracy and does a ton of bleed and poison dmg
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    AA does not only stop regen, reduce ability like magik limbo, unstoppable on jugg or unstoppable colossus

um dont know how you stop unstoppable on unstoppable colossus. he is bleed immune so AA wont work
  • Options
    Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    Depends on where u want to use Icey...If Defense Iceman is your thing..than at r4 mini boss node..He almost does coldsnap damage equivalent to ice Phoenix...If thats not what in your mind is...Archangel benefits more...
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Iceman is good without dupe, AA relies more on his awaken ability.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Not sure if I would use a generic on either, tbh. but out of the two, definitely AA.
  • Options
    gohard123 wrote: »

um dont know how you stop unstoppable on unstoppable colossus. he is bleed immune so AA wont work

My bad did not realized , anyway you are right, I was thinking about juggernaut

• Options
    GodGreezelGodGreezel Posts: 3
    archangel bro, he.s amaazing
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Archangel does more damage awakened.

No he doesn't lol. He only gains the ability accuracy reduction with his awakened ability. The damage stays the same.