**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

People crying gold problem??

13»

Comments

• Romario26Romario26 Posts: 97
    Romario26 wrote: »
    No job here
    No wife or kids
    No pets
    No studying
    No working
    No sports
    Other hobby is listening to music
    😂
    I got 9 5* at R1 and some not even level up cause of gold shortage. I sell all iso, boosts, duel credits, t1,t2 and t3 cats for gold I normally play arena, hell in the past 5 5* arena I put up 26mil in total and 4* basic, 5.1mil.. keep in mind I don’t rank or level and sell all resources I can to get gold. And I’m not even donating gold to play AQ.. I just got back over 1 mil gold.. how do I have a gold problem? Hell, the iso gained from duping a 5* isn’t even enough to gold when sold to level up a R1 5* 😂

That's a strange situation. Probably doing the basic arena is not a good idea as you can end up losing gold, depending on the opponents you face. Are you uncollected? Do you open regular arena crystals?

blu2v7ss5vrx.png

What my gold drops are like lol
    Been uncollected since the first week 5.2 was out 😂
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    No job here
    No wife or kids
    No pets
    No studying
    No working
    No sports
    Other hobby is listening to music
    😂
    I got 9 5* at R1 and some not even level up cause of gold shortage. I sell all iso, boosts, duel credits, t1,t2 and t3 cats for gold I normally play arena, hell in the past 5 5* arena I put up 26mil in total and 4* basic, 5.1mil.. keep in mind I don’t rank or level and sell all resources I can to get gold. And I’m not even donating gold to play AQ.. I just got back over 1 mil gold.. how do I have a gold problem? Hell, the iso gained from duping a 5* isn’t even enough to gold when sold to level up a R1 5* 😂

That's a strange situation. Probably doing the basic arena is not a good idea as you can end up losing gold, depending on the opponents you face. Are you uncollected? Do you open regular arena crystals?

blu2v7ss5vrx.png

What my gold drops are like lol
    Been uncollected since the first week 5.2 was out 😂

Those are regular arena crystals, (average of 4200 per crystal). What's your experience with uncollected arena crystals?

If you opened 30 regular arena crystals, and got that much gold, it means the uncollected arena crystal is kind of... broken? (tends to give 15k per crystal, 6 of those crystals would give 90k).
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @Addyos

More than likely a lot of people have under estimated the amount of gold they would need for this next phase of the game. Sitting on a forum trying to make the discussion about what you have and pointing your finger at others and in a way calling them lazy is only going to invite personal attacks on you.

Also saying: I don’t have a gold problem therefore there is no gold problem is inconsiderate of other players issues and offers no solution to what they are talking about.

One player sat down and calculated that doing the arena can end up costing you more gold than you receive, this could also be pointing to a RNG issue with arena crystals or a design flaw.
  • Dukie5021Dukie5021 Posts: 29
    If you have all the materials to rank up your champions except gold, then why would you continue to grind aw/aq/eq/se/story for materials you already have instead of using that time to grind arenas for gold, which you need? You don't need to put more time in to the game, you just need to use your time more wisely for what you are trying to accomplish. I am a low level player with a gold shortage as well... But I don't think kabam needs to offer me a new way to get gold when there's a perfectly easy way to get it staring at me. Grind arena for gold and bc and cash in the bc for gold and units... There's always the option to then cash in the units from the battle chips to buy gold crystals and turn your arena grind into a pure gold return. Would be interesting to see the numbers on that.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited March 2018
    There is no point in this discussion. There will always be 2 sides and it will continue. Do you need to rank every champ or prestige/useful champs. Like many said there will always be a bottleneck. It could be gold, t4c, t4b, t1a or t2a.
    Dukie5021 wrote: »
    If you have all the materials to rank up your champions except gold, then why would you continue to grind aw/aq/eq/se/story for materials you already have instead of using that time to grind arenas for gold, which you need? You don't need to put more time in to the game, you just need to use your time more wisely for what you are trying to accomplish. I am a low level player with a gold shortage as well... But I don't think kabam needs to offer me a new way to get gold when there's a perfectly easy way to get it staring at me. Grind arena for gold and bc and cash in the bc for gold and units... There's always the option to then cash in the units from the battle chips to buy gold crystals and turn your arena grind into a pure gold return. Would be interesting to see the numbers on that.

Gold crystals are not worthy of your units. PLEASE DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THEM!
    I do not need to collect numbers from them, they mostly give 2400 gold each.

The reason to do other stuff other than arenas is because except for the catalyst arenas, you will most probably not progress in the game grinding arenas (unless you go for the champion).

In this case we are talking about a big amount of gold that is required to rank up champions (580k gold, and probably 1 million gold to level up). And those arena crystals insist on just giving 15k each (the uncollected arena crystals, that are supposed to be super juicy and cost 10k battlechips).

10,000 battlechips = 15,000 gold.
    Check my numbers:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54721/the-problem-with-gold-farming
  • Protocol8051Protocol8051 Posts: 40
    Dukie5021 wrote: »

Gold crystals are not worthy of your units. PLEASE DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THEM!
    I do not need to collect numbers from them, they mostly give 2400 gold each.

The reason to do other stuff other than arenas is because except for the catalyst arenas, you will most probably not progress in the game grinding arenas (unless you go for the champion).

In this case we are talking about a big amount of gold that is required to rank up champions (580k gold, and probably 1 million gold to level up). And those arena crystals insist on just giving 15k each (the uncollected arena crystals, that are supposed to be super juicy and cost 10k battlechips).

10,000 battlechips = 15,000 gold.
    Check my numbers:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54721/the-problem-with-gold-farming

I saw this. This is a well researched and well written post. To tell you the truth I have the same views as well. I was bored in the office so I just posted this discussion for fun.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Not everyone has the same amount of free time to grind arena
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »

I usually spend 1 hr a day and hit all milestones in 2* 3* and 4* basic and always stay above 2mil even donating 100k weekly
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »

I usually spend 1 hr a day and hit all milestones in 2* 3* and 4* basic and always stay above 2mil even donating 100k weekly

you probably have a big roster
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    You must be joking right? I bought 20 gold crystals (20 units each) and got like 20k gold.

So it's only gonna cost like 10k units to rank a 5 or 6 star for the gold alone.

Yeah man, nice solution right there.
  • Quicksilver44Quicksilver44 Posts: 59
    I have a solution for the gold shortage problem.

The majority of players that they have gold problem are level 60. Right?
    So SELL XP boosts. You say that you don't need them an they don't contribute to item use event

Also you can sell some champions if you want. And the ISO-8 you will get sell it again

Now there is NO gold shortage problem.

Only rank up champs that you use. It's not that difficult!
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I have a solution for the gold shortage problem.

The majority of players that they have gold problem are level 60. Right?
    So SELL XP boosts. You say that you don't need them an they don't contribute to item use event

Also you can sell some champions if you want. And the ISO-8 you will get sell it again

Now there is NO gold shortage problem.

Only rank up champs that you use. It's not that difficult!

Lulz. Sell Xp Boosts! There’s maybe 5k in gold. Sell champions! That may be buffed later... mkay that’s dumb. Sell ISO! You finally rank up... and have no ISO.

That’s a solution for 50k in gold, not a million.

Your brilliant. Move on to solving world hunger, I believe in you.

It actually gives 1000 gold, I think the 50% one gives 1500 gold. Not a solution to anything.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Batman05 wrote: »
    The arenas will provide more gold than you can use

dmm0d3zttf43.png

Looks like someone spends more time in the arena than on anything else in their lives.

No I only have to do 200 matches in three days. That's not bad at all for a good gold return. I am at 75 so far

tsgivhfiva5l.png

dmm0d3zttf43.png

Looks like someone spends more time in the arena than on anything else in their lives.

No I only have to do 200 matches in three days. That's not bad at all for a good gold return. I am at 75 so far

tsgivhfiva5l.png

So 200 fights every 3 days. Now we are talking numbers.

24 series = 10,000 gold.
    200 series = 84,000 gold.

These are 8 Uncollected arena crystals (plus a little gold from the fights). I will give you an extra margin here, because you are probably lucky enough to fight 5 stars and even 6 stars most of the time, so let's assume you get around 100,000 gold on every arena.

That would be around 200,000 gold per week (and let's add 30,000 gold from cornucopia and the other one).

230,000 per week => approx. 920,000 gold per month. We can round it up as 1 million a month considering milestones and other rewards, plus quest fights an duels. (It would still not be enough to rank up and level up to 65).

So it would make sense, not saying that 42 million gold makes sense though, not sure what you are doing with gold tbh.

The only issue would be doing 440 series a week in arena. It sounds like a job.
    So share with us, how many hours do you dedicate to arenas to achieve this goal? Do you stop at 200?

Thanks in advance!
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★

dmm0d3zttf43.png

tsgivhfiva5l.png

Let’s say it takes 2 minutes per match. 400 minutes spent fighting is 6.5 hours. That’s over two hours a day grinding arena. Twice a week is 13 hours. Not everyone has 10+ hours to waste during the week grinding, aka people with real jobs. I assume your Climbing the ladder at GameStop or no job at all lmao

Yup, but all we keep hearing is that you aren’t doing arenas enough.

As @beyonder8421 is pointing out the gold to Battle chip ratio needs to be increased.
    Blax4ever wrote: »

dmm0d3zttf43.png

Let’s say it takes 2 minutes per match. 400 minutes spent fighting is 6.5 hours. That’s over two hours a day grinding arena. Twice a week is 13 hours. Not everyone has 10+ hours to waste during the week grinding, aka people with real jobs. I assume your Climbing the ladder at GameStop or no job at all lmao

Yup, but all we keep hearing is that you aren’t doing arenas enough.

As @beyonder8421 is pointing out the gold to Battle chip ratio needs to be increased.

Well, not sure if increased on both crystals... but at least in the uncollected one, otherwise there is no point to it other than hoping to get a 5* punisher.
  • Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    ordinarily i'd say arenas is the answer but i think there needs to be a quicker non soulsucking way to get gold Arena makes the game more boring if we got the gold realm on say a sunday once every week i feel like the shortage wouldn't be as bad and people can still do arena for more gold
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    edited March 2018
    You get some gold thru the arena the real gold return is arena crystals, plus you get shard crystals and getting champs gives gold and Iso. Unused iso can be sold for more gold. I don't stop at 200 sometimes I dont have to go that high. I stop when I reach my goal to get to 10%. Choosing to play the game for a couple hours a day isn't that much or that hard.
    You get some gold thru the arena the real gold return is arena crystals, plus you get shard crystals and getting champs gives gold and Iso. Unused iso can be sold for more gold. I don't stop at 200 sometimes I dont have to go that high. I stop when I reach my goal to get to 10%. Choosing to play the game for a couple hours a day isn't that much or that hard.

Not all arenas reward gold. The one you are doing does reward 50 gold per series (550 minus the 500 cost). This number is already included in my numbers.
    Selling ISO is the ISO shortage of the future, so I do not recommend doing so unless is a small amount. Duping champs does not reward that much gold either.

I do agree that a couple of hours during the day dedicated to arenas is normal, but could get you into trouble with your significant others or your responsibilities. It's nice to know you don't have a gold problem and you enjoy doing arenas. But it's not for everyone.

In any case, you example should be useful for others, because you gave us a goal we can try to achieve to get more gold. I don't think 200 series per arena is that much, but it isn't easy to keep with time. Perhaps the rest could do, i don;t know, 100 per arena, and progress at half pace.
  • ZamboniZamboni Posts: 3
    tl;dr To support adding 5* and 6* champs, it is necessary to equalize the resource allocation. The amount of gold to level up doesnt match what is available. It needs to be addressed.

Either make a once a month gold event quest, could even be a 1 day thing. Or fix the masteries to allow better drop. Similar to xp like 10% or more. Or just simply make the gold drop better across all events. Honestly, right now i'd drop $20 for 1mil gold easy. I pass on all other offers because i dont need anything else. I have cats and iso expiring all the time. I dont even care about getting new heroes because i cant level them. So really only sign stones are useful.

Grinding arena is fine, but is silly when you just want to level champs. This makes your team stagnant and therefore boring. Boring equals quitting.