**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Who would you use your generic 4-star awakening gem on?

ReggieReggie Posts: 221
edited March 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I'm just wondering who most of you would choose to awaken, if these were your options. I have my own thoughts, but I've only been playing the game since Oct 2017, so many of you will probably have some better ideas. I'm eager to hear some of them.

I removed Dare Devil (Netflix), Ant-Man, Spider-Gwen & Joe Fix-It off the poll since you can only post 10 choices.

Who would you use your generic 4-star awakening gem on? 61 votes

Yondu
4%
XFA_RebootedS_GrungiScopeotoe987 3 votes
Black Panther (Civil War)
1%
LeBronon 1 vote
Black Panther
0%
King Groot
1%
My_Superior 1 vote
Iron Patriot
1%
Elitehunter 1 vote
Captain Marvel
1%
SharkPowerr99 1 vote
Gambit
0%
Old Man Logan
0%
Hulkbuster
0%
Continue to wait for better options
88%
Spity68vg2782Dexman1349buffajrMrbeast6000HeroBoltsyEnG1NeeRphillgreenAnurag1606WildpantsSac123_8406GRKingOfMcocPalito_DiazJohnyzeroSKK65zero7JayrodzLt_Magnum_1JCPer14 54 votes

Comments

• imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    None of these options are worthy of a generic awakening gem.
  • Continue to wait for better options
    Wait for someone better ...
    SW, DV, Wolverine etc are much much better options than all these
  • ReggieReggie Posts: 221
    Wow, almost everyone says to wait... So I guess I will be waiting. I guess I'm just so anxious to use up some of these signature stones for the item usage events.... Lol
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    None of these champs are going to get you through much content. There are 7 Champs that warrant a generic. GR, Blade, SW, AA, Wolverine, Voodoo, and Starlord. Void is arguably a generic worthy champ.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yondu is the only one I would ever consider, but only use it if you are overflowing with them and one is about to expire. That being said, Yondu is good without the dupe so rank him up if u haven’t
  • The_Sentry12The_Sentry12 Posts: 29
    If you don't mind me asking how did you acquire your awakening gem?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    None of these champs are going to get you through much content. There are 7 Champs that warrant a generic. GR, Blade, SW, AA, Wolverine, Voodoo, and Starlord. Void is arguably a generic worthy champ.

There are a lot more worth a generic than that, and Yondu is really good. Lol while we are listing god tiers, sparky gets pretty sick with an awakening. Others could be Modok, Dr Octopus, OG DD, Hela, maybe even Hulk if everyone wasn’t already rolling in science gems.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    None of them are class gem worthy, let alone generic.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Yondu doesn't need to be awakened to be good, so don't waste a generic on him.

The only two on that list that even see a genuine boost from their awakened skill are King Groot (regen cycles) and Captain Marvel (damage output), but those are only worth a class awakening at best.

With a little bit of research online, you should be able to find out what each champs' sig ability brings to the table.

As a newer player, you should hold onto that Awakening Gem for when you pull a champ that is a genuine game-changer. Blade, Scarlet Witch, Dr Voodoo, Wolverine, Archangel, Medusa, Starlord.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1beR2CAlBQ2XBA3M1jJ1aPEfwE46eQt6LU-lzA0babxQ/edit#gid=0

Here's a great starting point:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-TjPQTjh8w

I don't necessarily agree with his whole ranking sheet, but you can see who benefits most from being awakened and which have the bigger "bang for the buck."
  • ReggieReggie Posts: 221
    If you don't mind me asking how did you acquire your awakening gem?

I don't even remember where this one came from. From a crystal I'm sure.