**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Future of Blade!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Blade isn't overpowered at all

Let's look at SW before the big change. She was overpowered, you could stun opponents infinitely and get a huge l2 off with both cruelty and fury buffs, not to mention the sheer amount of times she could regen from 25% to 100% in a matter of seconds.

Blade has his regen and its definitely one of the best atm but is only "OP" when either facing mystical dimensional beings or villains.. even then he's nowhere near as powerful as SW was.

Yes sure he's hugely useful in AW and atm AW is The Blade Wars but by saying he needs a nerf because he's overpowered is ridiculous

Just remember, a few months down the line and we'll probably have a new champ to marvel over.

I’d say a maxed out 4* sw is still stronger then a maxed 4* star blade, but don’t have either so I cant say. Anyone have first hand experience?

• Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    The future of blade will be, he successfully kill every single Vampire on Earth, he accomplish his mission in life, and he quietly but peacefully walk into the sunset alone. End .... lol just kidding, Blade has no future, bcos he is ALREADY LIVING in the future ahead of many other champs, haha :p
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    He won't be nerfed. Blade was introduced to nerf the mystic high MD wars, since Diversity wasn't able to do so (and that was introduced for the same reasons). A Blade nerf would have absolutely massive repercussions, and mostly not good for Kabam, who already dealt with that with 12.0. Kabam will simply introduce champs that counter Blade.
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Str wrote: »
    If you have blade then you realise that blade isnt great in every scenario. Most people in top alliances have blade to deal with content that skill alone cant deal with. E.g. magik's limbo fed by mystic dispersion. The issue isnt about how good blade is, its more about how few options there are to deal with this type of content.

1 Blade is vulnerable to evade champions,
    2 Is not bleed or poison immune (but i admit he can, with a lot skill, play around some poison champs like abomination)
    3 needs awakening to get his regen
    4 relies on synergies to bring out his full utility - this makes you really evaluate who you take.
    5 relies on targets being able to bleed to get powergain and increase his damage
    6 is still vulnerable to unblockable special nodes
    7 doesn't produce as much damage as other champs endgame (AA's neurotoxin is insane)
    8 against heroes such as medussa he doesn't gain any benefit from gr synergy still making for tricky aw fights.
    9 no way to deal with powrergain champs
    10 no way to nullify or reverse enemy buffs

The reason a lot of top tier players have a blade is that they saved 5* for months to have a chance at pulling one from the featured crystal, the same as stark enhanced spiderman. They have invested hours of content grinding and story arc completions (along with a vast amount of resources and units) to get the champion awakened and at that level. Calling for a nerf of a champion because people have ranked him up discredits all this hard work. His high pi is a very important factor for ranking but this is mainly important in the top most tiers of aq where pi plays a pivotal role in deciding rewards. Most people outside of top tiers rank champions based on abilities and damage, however, alliance leaders at those top tiers nearly always ask you to consider pi. As such its unfair to punish blade and the people who have ranked him for understanding how the game works.

We need to see an increase in the number of champions that can play around the hard 'bs' unavoidable damage. E.g. champions that reduce the effects/ chances of limbo or incinerate.

Despite having my blade at r5, the champs i use the most are dr voodoo (for his power control, start of fight regen and poison/nullify) and stark spidey for his high damage output and ability to bait and evade special attacks.

In short please stop posting about blade issues and focus on bigger issues in the game. E.g.g champs which you feel need buffing to be viable in the content.
    @Str
    Ok, not trying to argue here, I don't necessarily want blade nerfed since I really want him lol. That being said, I feel like some of your points are flawed and you can't really use them to say that blade isn't a tad bit too good.
    1. True, but he does have class advantage, and an easy way to build power without risking getting hit. I would feel safer using blade against spidey than say star lord.
    2. Also true, but at full power...he pretty much is. And just because he isn't bleed/poison immune doesn't necessarily mean he shouldn't be nerfed, pre 12.0 sw wasn't either
    3. Even without his sig, he is better than most champs. And pre 12.0 sw needed to be max sig.
    4. Yes, but those synergy champs happen to be god tiers as well lol, it's not like you have to bring along crappy champs just for synergy.
    5. True, he is gimped against bleed immune champs. But so is archangel. pre 12.0 thor was gimped against stun immune. And even without bleed he still has danger sense, regen, and debuff shrugging. What I'm saying is, he doesn't have to be all powerful to deserve a nerf, he just has to be powerful in most aspects.
    6. Ok, but literally every champ except mordo is, so...
    7. He isn't the hardest hitter, but his damage output is still miles ahead of the majority of the contest. Pair danger sense with sp2 and deep wounds and most villains are instantly dead.
    8. So against heroes, he doesn't have danger sense, but he still has bleed, debuff shrugging, and most importantly, an insanely strong regen. I would still bring blade to most fights just because he is sustainable.
    9. Once again, just because he can't deal with power gain doesn't mean he isn't op. In fact, there are only a couple "god" tier champs that can deal with power gain right now (magik, stark, voodoo). Basically, not being able to counter power gain doesn't make blade any weaker than a starlord, archangel, wolverine, etc.
    10. Neither could 12.0 thor, but he was still considered op.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Ok well let's get one thing straight stop flagging post cause you don't like them flags are for posts that actually are against the forum rules
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    ^
    (Sigh) Another person who’s riding the Blade Nerf Bandwagon
    *FacePalm*
    F4k3_GaM3r wrote: »
    Ok well let's get one thing straight stop flagging post cause you don't like them flags are for posts that actually are against the forum rules

Just triggered people😂😂

• Options
    Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    edited March 2018
    I think we should just work on buffing champions and re-evaluating ones that got nerfed and restoring them. Scarlett Witch is a shadow of her formal self. Not saying she should be restored to prior 12.0 but as is now she's just OK now. She doesn't proc regen kuch at all and her stuns are far and few in most matches.....her randomness is too risky to consider her reliable in most cases. Dr. Strange is WEAK now, it takes forever to get him to his regen mode and usually the computer just goes into turtle so you can't even maximize it. Phoenix=trash, Carnage=Trash, Shehulk=trash Black Widow....mediocre after 12.0 update.....Thor......mediocre after update (3 stacks armor break be reasonable) JoeFixIt ...regen too weak, let's FIX and improve rather than take away!
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Rasilover wrote: »
    ^
    (Sigh) Another person who’s riding the Blade Nerf Bandwagon
    *FacePalm*

Just triggered people😂😂

Who's not blinded from understanding how OP blade is... Have u seen the leaderboards .. 90% of the people have blades

Doesn’t mean he’s good against every character in the game.
    He’s meant to change the meta of AW and encourage less mystic defense
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    TrojanX05 wrote: »
    They really need to nerf Blade. Just take a look at the top players, most of them have Blade as their top champ. Where's the diversity?

What’s it matter? If blade was never realeased it’d be stark spidey or some high prestige champ. I don’t get why it’s so surprising or shocking that people would rank up blade when people either rank up for prestige or effectiveness. It’s also important to note, people have complained about ranking up blade as opposed to stark spidey because of prestige. If starky had higher prestige and everybody ranked him up would people still be saying the same thing? Lol there’s no winning, people complain about being forced to rank up mediocre champs for prestige, we finally get a good champ with good prestige and because everybody ranks him up it’s a problem.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    yes i believe you . you have him at high rank noob . go play AQ 2 before u leave do another thread calling to nerf star-lord everyone have him harry-up kabam will hear you cause those on the leaderboard are those who kepping this game going on with their spending to have good champs (blade in this situation) compare to you ur'e helping the cumminuty with what ? your big mouth !!
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Str wrote: »
    If you have blade then you realise that blade isnt great in every scenario. Most people in top alliances have blade to deal with content that skill alone cant deal with. E.g. magik's limbo fed by mystic dispersion. The issue isnt about how good blade is, its more about how few options there are to deal with this type of content.

1 Blade is vulnerable to evade champions,
    2 Is not bleed or poison immune (but i admit he can, with a lot skill, play around some poison champs like abomination)
    3 needs awakening to get his regen
    4 relies on synergies to bring out his full utility - this makes you really evaluate who you take.
    5 relies on targets being able to bleed to get powergain and increase his damage
    6 is still vulnerable to unblockable special nodes
    7 doesn't produce as much damage as other champs endgame (AA's neurotoxin is insane)
    8 against heroes such as medussa he doesn't gain any benefit from gr synergy still making for tricky aw fights.
    9 no way to deal with powrergain champs
    10 no way to nullify or reverse enemy buffs

The reason a lot of top tier players have a blade is that they saved 5* for months to have a chance at pulling one from the featured crystal, the same as stark enhanced spiderman. They have invested hours of content grinding and story arc completions (along with a vast amount of resources and units) to get the champion awakened and at that level. Calling for a nerf of a champion because people have ranked him up discredits all this hard work. His high pi is a very important factor for ranking but this is mainly important in the top most tiers of aq where pi plays a pivotal role in deciding rewards. Most people outside of top tiers rank champions based on abilities and damage, however, alliance leaders at those top tiers nearly always ask you to consider pi. As such its unfair to punish blade and the people who have ranked him for understanding how the game works.

We need to see an increase in the number of champions that can play around the hard 'bs' unavoidable damage. E.g. champions that reduce the effects/ chances of limbo or incinerate.

Despite having my blade at r5, the champs i use the most are dr voodoo (for his power control, start of fight regen and poison/nullify) and stark spidey for his high damage output and ability to bait and evade special attacks.

In short please stop posting about blade issues and focus on bigger issues in the game. E.g.g champs which you feel need buffing to be viable in the content.
    @Str
    Ok, not trying to argue here, I don't necessarily want blade nerfed since I really want him lol. That being said, I feel like some of your points are flawed and you can't really use them to say that blade isn't a tad bit too good.
    1. True, but he does have class advantage, and an easy way to build power without risking getting hit. I would feel safer using blade against spidey than say star lord.
    2. Also true, but at full power...he pretty much is. And just because he isn't bleed/poison immune doesn't necessarily mean he shouldn't be nerfed, pre 12.0 sw wasn't either
    3. Even without his sig, he is better than most champs. And pre 12.0 sw needed to be max sig.
    4. Yes, but those synergy champs happen to be god tiers as well lol, it's not like you have to bring along crappy champs just for synergy.
    5. True, he is gimped against bleed immune champs. But so is archangel. pre 12.0 thor was gimped against stun immune. And even without bleed he still has danger sense, regen, and debuff shrugging. What I'm saying is, he doesn't have to be all powerful to deserve a nerf, he just has to be powerful in most aspects.
    6. Ok, but literally every champ except mordo is, so...
    7. He isn't the hardest hitter, but his damage output is still miles ahead of the majority of the contest. Pair danger sense with sp2 and deep wounds and most villains are instantly dead.
    8. So against heroes, he doesn't have danger sense, but he still has bleed, debuff shrugging, and most importantly, an insanely strong regen. I would still bring blade to most fights just because he is sustainable.
    9. Once again, just because he can't deal with power gain doesn't mean he isn't op. In fact, there are only a couple "god" tier champs that can deal with power gain right now (magik, stark, voodoo). Basically, not being able to counter power gain doesn't make blade any weaker than a starlord, archangel, wolverine, etc.
    10. Neither could 12.0 thor, but he was still considered op.

Thanks for the detailed response.

The whole issue for me from this seems to indicate that blade is the answer to everything. And i am just trying to point out that whilst he is a good all rounder he is not invincible and unlike sw pre-nerf requires quite a bit of skill to play around weaknesses. You also appear to assume that people with blade have these other champs to run synergies. That is not often the case. T4 alliance war i have only seen 1 person run the trinity.

If you fancy a challenging (but still achievable match) do map 5 final day aq abomination with 4*blade. No parries just intercepting. Only perhaps the top 20% of users have the skill to play like that. But that is what i really want from kabam. Ways where i can play tough content and it relies on my skill to survive from abominations poison or cables degen or magiks limbo.

I would also like to see more some good heroes for aw def introduced in game too with new defence mechanic. Medussa's introduction helped evolve. In time aw defence will continue to evolve to move away from pure mystic dispersion defences. Which in my opinions is great as it encourages more variety of champs in defence and thus attackers to counter them.

Perhaps the biggest reason why i dont feel kabam can go through this is the lessons they learnt in 12.0 nerf. The app took a huge fall in profits and ratings. Marvel had to get involved to sort it out. It took months to win back the community and get the whales spending again. Although as players the enjoyment is paramount to kabam it is money.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    TrojanX05 wrote: »
    They really need to nerf Blade. Just take a look at the top players, most of them have Blade as their top champ. Where's the diversity?

Diversity was never an issue for who people have as their DP.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Player1994 wrote: »
    yes i believe you . you have him at high rank noob . go play AQ 2 before u leave do another thread calling to nerf star-lord everyone have him harry-up kabam will hear you cause those on the leaderboard are those who kepping this game going on with their spending to have good champs (blade in this situation) compare to you ur'e helping the cumminuty with what ? your big mouth !!

I'm not gonna post my profile and make this a d**k measuring contest.. i am in a top 10 ally and i use my blade alot.. i cant get why people cant be civil during a discussion and jump to assumptions🤦‍♀️

let's see it show it to us . Grow up boys we had enough of your bs calling to nerf blade .spider stark..ghost rider.arch..ice.. and introduce doc strange who everyone soloed everything with him as a 3* before v12 i'm not making assumptions if u had him and wasted ur catalyst on him we would not hear you in this forums i'm just trying to make u help urself understand your posts wo'nt change anything it's up to kabam support to decide wether to do with champs.
  • Options
    snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    If Kabam nerfs blade I’ll be calling my bank to have charges of 13500 units spent on blade grand master feature crystals for bait and switch and will be leaving this game permanently.
This discussion has been closed.