**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MODOK is Still Bugged

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
Ok so I haven't faced MODOK in aw yet, so I don't know whether the parry issue was fixed. Shouldn't even have been an issue in the first place, we didn't have this issue with Medusa. Even without that, I'm still experiencing problems against him. Let's say I intercept him while he has autoblock active. The intercept hits him, and the second hit triggers autoblock (I'm guessing this was done to fix the issue where the attacker gets struck at the same time MODOK blocks). On the third or fourth hit, tho, MODOK is able to dash away from my attacker, who is still doing a combo into his block. It's as if MODOK has a built in evade.

Another issues that is of less concern: Sometimes MODOK's force field randomly disappears for a cycle. Like, the icon shows up, then goes away (I strongly suspect this is from pacify but not sure).

Comments

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    So basically, M.O.D.O.K. has Evade. Fun times ahead
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Ok so I haven't faced MODOK in aw yet, so I don't know whether the parry issue was fixed. Shouldn't even have been an issue in the first place, we didn't have this issue with Medusa. Even without that, I'm still experiencing problems against him. Let's say I intercept him while he has autoblock active. The intercept hits him, and the second hit triggers autoblock (I'm guessing this was done to fix the issue where the attacker gets struck at the same time MODOK blocks). On the third or fourth hit, tho, MODOK is able to dash away from my attacker, who is still doing a combo into his block. It's as if MODOK has a built in evade.

Another issues that is of less concern: Sometimes MODOK's force field randomly disappears for a cycle. Like, the icon shows up, then goes away (I strongly suspect this is from pacify but not sure).

Please fix @Kabam Miike that’s going to Be even worse than the M.O.D.O.K parry issue
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    @taojay1 can you upload a video?
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @thanks4playing I'll try, screen recording tends to create a lot of lag, which causes other issues in gameplay
    Ok guys I've recorded some gameplay, trying to upload it. While I didn't get this "evade" bug on camera, I found plenty of other bugs, which I think are all related. The first is that I can break through MODOK's block. MODOK is also able to throw a special while his block is being attacked into. I also got footage of an instance where my Kang was hitting his block and MODOK was able to hit him randomly. Finally I was able to get footage of him auto blocking on an intercept, which resulted in him blocking and hitting me at the same time.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I've had odd things happen vs Modok in AW, far right mini boss node. He totally evaded an L1 from Iceman. Another day, different war, same node, I was punching his regular block and right after my 3rd punch, he immediately hit me back, almost as if he was unstoppable. Sounds like I've experienced the same thing taojay is talking about.
    https://youtu.be/JsBPXLkuAmA?t=5m47s

Ok I wasn't able to upload my own video, but you can see there are clearly some weird things going on in this one. Yeet is able to break through MODOK's block multiple times. At 5:47, MODOK interrupts iceman's combo and goes straight to a sp1.
    Also at 6:13 is the first issue I brought up, MODOK autoblocks but then is able to dexterity out of the combo. Not sure if this is intentional for him to be able to escape "block stuns", but no other champ I've faced has been able to dexterity while im hitting into their block
  • JordJord Posts: 13
    Modok has definitely not been fixed in the update. Don't know what they were talking about.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Modok drifts out of combos and can either l1 or start a heavy attack, he’s broken. Another wierd thing is I see when I avoid his l1 I still lose a little life
    It'd be great if we could get a mod or admin to look into this
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    There isn't any issue with this. When you are playing a character, you are also able to use your specials, swipe backwards, release your block amidst getting hit by a combo if there's a slight delay between hits.
    xNig wrote: »
    There isn't any issue with this. When you are playing a character, you are also able to use your specials, swipe backwards, release your block amidst getting hit by a combo if there's a slight delay between hits.

@xNig the problem is that only MODOK does this. With any other champ, you can hit into their block and do a 4 hit combo, confident that they will not dexterity, because that's how the ai works. With MODOK, however, I don't have this security, because at any moment he could slip away or randomly throw a special.

There are certain ways that the ai behaves that we can all consistently rely on. Sure, we know it is possible to dash out of a blocked combo, but in all fights other than modok the ai never does this. Other examples of things players can do but ai cannot is chain from combos into specials, dexterity evade special attacks (recently tho i have seen some posts about ai using dexterity to evade specials), parry (in the conventional sense where you deliberately wait for the opponent to dash at you so you can stun them), and heavy spam when you trap opponents in the corner.

My point is that MODOK does not behave consistently with other ai when it comes to hitting into his block. I think it has something to do with his hitbox and size (i kno nothing about this kind of stuff tho so idk lol).
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Even if other AI don’t do that, you can’t assume it to be the same across the board. If only Modok does this, then you’d just have to pay more attention and don’t take things for granted when fighting him right?
    @xNig ok fine, let's assume that for some strange reason, MODOK is the only defender that is able to escape block stuns. That still doesn't take away from the fact that he is still bugged. In the video I linked he evades out of a combo, which we players can't even. Additionally, in the video Yeet is able to break MODOK's block quite consistently (of course, this kind of benefits attackers, but it also suggests his block is bugged). Finally, I have still been able to replicate the bug where MODOK autoblocks and hits you at the same time.
    Is there any chance of revival for this thread? Hate to beat the dead horse but this really is still an issue