“just DON’T do modok’s lab” advice kinda misses the problem

12346

Comments

  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom i never asked you to agree....

    I just asked that you allow it to be voiced without tearing me apart for it.... and i never said the op or you couldnt do it. Dont accuse ne of saying what i never said.
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    If that's your perspective, I respect that. That doesn't mean I agree that's the issue.

    No the issue is you think you are right and we are wrong..

    Progression of the game indicates it should get harder every month. It doesn't which is why the top burns out so much..
    This game(no game really) isn't geared towards average players who aren't willing to challenge harder content to get better.

    You play for fun fine whatever that doesn't entitle you to be able to beat conte t geared towards guys like me who play for the challenge..

    You make all the content geared so average rosters can do it you alienate you're entire top tier and we stop playing..

    Hence uncollected the top was bored of masters.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,638 ★★★★★
    Alright, that's about enough. I see what you're doing. The bottom line that the OP and I have is people need to speak for themselves and not tell other people what their problem is when they're trying to communicate it. If someone comes on and asks for help, that's one thing. When people are giving feedback on the Event and have to go through a gauntlet of people telling them they're not good enough, they need to get better, it's not for everyone, they don't have to do it, etc., then it just discredits what they're trying to say. If I was to put it bluntly, people are responsible for their own concerns. Not the concerns of others.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 254 ★★
    Alright, that's about enough. I see what you're doing. The bottom line that the OP and I have is people need to speak for themselves and not tell other people what their problem is when they're trying to communicate it. If someone comes on and asks for help, that's one thing. When people are giving feedback on the Event and have to go through a gauntlet of people telling them they're not good enough, they need to get better, it's not for everyone, they don't have to do it, etc., then it just discredits what they're trying to say. If I was to put it bluntly, people are responsible for their own concerns. Not the concerns of others.

    Anyone is free to respond however they want within the forum rules, this is an open forum. People were responding to the OP’s feedback how they saw fit, that is completely acceptable. Same as you are free to say what you want.

    I and many others believe the content is fine, many others do not. My opionion is that the fifficulty justifies the rewards.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    Alright, that's about enough. I see what you're doing. The bottom line that the OP and I have is people need to speak for themselves and not tell other people what their problem is when they're trying to communicate it. If someone comes on and asks for help, that's one thing. When people are giving feedback on the Event and have to go through a gauntlet of people telling them they're not good enough, they need to get better, it's not for everyone, they don't have to do it, etc., then it just discredits what they're trying to say. If I was to put it bluntly, people are responsible for their own concerns. Not the concerns of others.

    If people are responsible for their own concerns then why do you feel the need to interject on their behalf of anyone elses ?.

    Bottom line is if you can't do this challenge or its costing a lot of resources then font do it, your not being forced. Wait for the challenge that suits your progression. I wasn't able to do the original coulson challenge but I didn't come crying to the forum, I did what I could an get better at the game an better an stronger champs ready for the next one.

  • How is the truth not helpful? If you can't do it you aren't good enough. Spend less time posting on the forums about how unfair the game is and get better.

    All I've learned from these threads is that people refuse to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they just aren't good enough.

    The difficulty of the event isn’t my primary issue. The issue is the baseless, unexpected, and unnecessary increase in difficulty. Since the rewards don’t justify that increase, there is NO justification for the increase in difficulty.

    In other words, there is no reason mid tier players got weeded out of expert other than kabam deciding they could. Those same mid tier players were able to get these same rewards in the past and players depend on monthly events for large chunks of progression. Now they can’t... So yeah we’re not good enough anymore simply because kabam decided to make it more difficult for no reason. That’s why it’s unfair. Kabam made the expert event difficult for NO REASON other than making the rewards more exclusive. How would you feel if you just happened to be a collateral in this? What if kabam had decided the difficulty be 40k instead of 30k for THE SAME REWARDS? See what I mean? How is that move justified?

    Yes they are able to do that because their rules their game, but does that make it ok? If kabam had a monopoly over all the medicine in the world and they increased the price so only rich people could get in on it, forcing you to settle for mediocre medicine, is that something you’d be okay with? Luckily your player tier was probably unaffected by this, but had you been, it would’ve left a bitter taste in your mouth too. Also just because you’re unaffected doesn’t mean what they did never existed, or that it was okay to do.






  • I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    We need more content dedicated to endgame players with skill. Enough with easy content that offers great rewards like act 5.4.

    (Modok lab is not difficult content).

    Lets get some actually hard nodes where you need to think before engaging.
  • We need more content dedicated to endgame players with skill. Enough with easy content that offers great rewards like act 5.4.

    (Modok lab is not difficult content).

    Lets get some actually hard nodes where you need to think before engaging.

    Instead of increasing the expert difficulty, they could just add an uncollected difficulty

    You do realize whether the event is hard or not is subjective right? Modok expert is harder than all the past expert events, and it’s not because of the rewards since they’re pretty much the same so basically it was only made more difficult to weed players out

  • I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    We need more content dedicated to endgame players with skill. Enough with easy content that offers great rewards like act 5.4.

    (Modok lab is not difficult content).

    Lets get some actually hard nodes where you need to think before engaging.

    Instead of increasing the expert difficulty, they could just add an uncollected difficulty

    You do realize whether the event is hard or not is subjective right? Modok expert is harder than all the past expert events, and it’s not because of the rewards since they’re pretty much the same so basically it was only made more difficult to weed players out

    Oh! I actually didn't notice the difficulty revamp from last time. Since I did so few the first round.
    Thats rather interesting move from Kabam. I don't mind weeding out more players, but I guess I can see why people are upset.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 708 ★★★
    Don't do the expert difficulty if you cant. You can deny all you want but it is entitlement.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,638 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Alright, that's about enough. I see what you're doing. The bottom line that the OP and I have is people need to speak for themselves and not tell other people what their problem is when they're trying to communicate it. If someone comes on and asks for help, that's one thing. When people are giving feedback on the Event and have to go through a gauntlet of people telling them they're not good enough, they need to get better, it's not for everyone, they don't have to do it, etc., then it just discredits what they're trying to say. If I was to put it bluntly, people are responsible for their own concerns. Not the concerns of others.

    If people are responsible for their own concerns then why do you feel the need to interject on their behalf of anyone elses ?.

    Bottom line is if you can't do this challenge or its costing a lot of resources then font do it, your not being forced. Wait for the challenge that suits your progression. I wasn't able to do the original coulson challenge but I didn't come crying to the forum, I did what I could an get better at the game an better an stronger champs ready for the next one.

    I'm speaking for myself because I agree with the OP. I shared the same concerns in the main Thread, and was met with the same comments. I agree with the OP. We don't need people to tell us what they think we need. Frankly, people don't know what I can and cannot do. Saying we don't have to do it is absolutely useless. We don't need someone to criticize our point of view or pass judgment. All we need is to state our own point of view without being met with condescending opposition.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 708 ★★★
    We need more content dedicated to endgame players with skill. Enough with easy content that offers great rewards like act 5.4.

    (Modok lab is not difficult content).

    Lets get some actually hard nodes where you need to think before engaging.

    Instead of increasing the expert difficulty, they could just add an uncollected difficulty

    You do realize whether the event is hard or not is subjective right? Modok expert is harder than all the past expert events, and it’s not because of the rewards since they’re pretty much the same so basically it was only made more difficult to weed players out

    Here is why it is entitlement. you say they should reduce the difficulty of expert, why? why should they introduce a new difficulty just to pander to your (you and the subset of players complaining) needs?
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 708 ★★★
    How would you feel if you just happened to be a collateral in this? What if kabam had decided the difficulty be 40k instead of 30k for THE SAME REWARDS? See what I mean? How is that move justified?

    PI is not indicative of difficulty, there is a correlation however correlation does not mean a direct cause.
  • HawkFanDanTheManHawkFanDanTheMan Posts: 32
    edited March 2018
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Don't do the expert difficulty if you cant. You can deny all you want but it is entitlement.

    Sure it’s a little entitled to think that you deserve to be treated a certain way. I think a better word is self-respect. I’ve covered this already, any self respecting person should be a little entitled, otherwise they would have no way of realizing when they’re being bullied, pushed around, and/or disrespected.

    Was kabam respectful in the way they chose to make the rewards more exclusive? Was it respectful of kabam to increase the difficulty without reason and justification? Was that something mid tier players deserved?

    How about the folks that were weeded out by the increase in difficulty? How do you think they feel after having the rug pulled out from under them? These people could clear past expert events and now they can’t simply because kabam said so, you don’t think their frustration is justified? Are you just going to attribute these frustrations to “entitlement” and completely ignore kabams decision to prevent them the opportunity of progression via monthly events?

    The difficulty increase wasn’t because the event or the rewards are anything special, the difficulty was increased just because kabam can do it. They chose to make the same rewards more exclusive at the cost of people not being able to do it, just because they can. Is that an ok thing to do to ppl? Are you fine with the type of precedent that sets?

    Like i said... simply attributing the problem to “entitlement” is ignoring the move kabam pulled that left players with less opportunities. Sure you didn’t get affected this time, but you can’t deny that kabam pulled a fast one, and that it could happen to any group of players here.



  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Don't do the expert difficulty if you cant. You can deny all you want but it is entitlement.

    Sure it’s a little entitled to think that you deserve to be treated a certain way. I think a better word is self-respect. I’ve covered this already, any self respecting person should be a little entitled, otherwise they would have no way of realizing when they’re being bullied, pushed around, and/or disrespected.

    Was kabam respectful in the way they chose to make the rewards more exclusive? Was it respectful of kabam to increase the difficulty without reason and justification? Was that something mid tier players deserved?

    How about the folks that were weeded out by the increase in difficulty? How do you think they feel after having the rug pulled out from under them? These people could clear past expert events and now they can’t simply because kabam said so, you don’t think their frustration is justified? Are you just going to attribute these frustrations to “entitlement” and completely ignore kabams decision to prevent them the opportunity of progression via monthly events?

    The difficulty increase wasn’t because the event or the rewards are anything special, the difficulty was increased just because kabam can do it. They chose to make the same rewards more exclusive at the cost of people not being able to do it, just because they can. Is that an ok thing to do to ppl? Are you fine with the type of precedent that sets?

    Like i said... simply attributing the problem to “entitlement” is ignoring the move kabam pulled that left players out. Sure you didn’t get affected this time, but you can’t deny that it happened and could happen to any player here.



    You say progression alot the quest progressed you since last time. Is it kabam fault you didnt?
    Nope not at all.

    Just like players need progression so dies difficulty
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,638 ★★★★★
    To be clear, I just think it was an increase in difficulty with a 6* as a Boss. I don't think it was an intentional exclusion of anyone. I just think they tried making it harder. Which is why we can provide our feedback on the change. It's one of the advantages of having a Forum that we can be heard on. It's really up to how that feedback fits their own template of what they want to achieve. I'm not upset about it, and I don't see it as some sort of attack. I just think they amped it up. The problem I see is that it takes away the motivation to put in the effort for quite a large number of people. Really don't hold it against the team.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 708 ★★★
    To be clear, I just think it was an increase in difficulty with a 6* as a Boss. I don't think it was an intentional exclusion of anyone. I just think they tried making it harder. Which is why we can provide our feedback on the change. It's one of the advantages of having a Forum that we can be heard on. It's really up to how that feedback fits their own template of what they want to achieve. I'm not upset about it, and I don't see it as some sort of attack. I just think they amped it up. The problem I see is that it takes away the motivation to put in the effort for quite a large number of people. Really don't hold it against the team.

    Exactly, some people aren't motivated enough to do the quest every 12 hours. That is honestly fine and that is what others have been saying "don't do it if you cant". But wanting Kabam to change the difficulty is where entitlement comes in. (the last sentence was not referring to you, but to OP who started the thread)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,638 ★★★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    To be clear, I just think it was an increase in difficulty with a 6* as a Boss. I don't think it was an intentional exclusion of anyone. I just think they tried making it harder. Which is why we can provide our feedback on the change. It's one of the advantages of having a Forum that we can be heard on. It's really up to how that feedback fits their own template of what they want to achieve. I'm not upset about it, and I don't see it as some sort of attack. I just think they amped it up. The problem I see is that it takes away the motivation to put in the effort for quite a large number of people. Really don't hold it against the team.

    Exactly, some people aren't motivated enough to do the quest every 12 hours. That is honestly fine and that is what others have been saying "don't do it if you cant". But wanting Kabam to change the difficulty is where entitlement comes in. (the last sentence was not referring to you, but to OP who started the thread)
    People can say they don't agree with the increase in difficulty without being told they have a sense of entitlement.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,638 ★★★★★
    Saying "Don't do it." is the same as saying there is no problem. Perhaps not for you personally. That doesn't mean the problems other people are having aren't valid. That's what we're talking about. Devaluing the opinions of others.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Kynny wrote: »
    The concerns aren't valid.. the content isnt hard.

    Who determines what concerns are valid or not? Just because someone doesn't find it hard doesn't mean the concerns aren't valid. People may play by themselves, but that doesn't mean the game centres around them. There are many other people playing.

    You sound like a broken record, trying to hammer this idea that all concerns are valid.

    It is like saying that the concerns of the flat earthers are valid. It is the content of the concerns that make them valid, not the who.

    In the end, it is just a distraction, diverting people's attention from the real issue.

    The real issue is control.

    They don't have control of the difficulty level of the content. That is why there will always be crybabies weeping over being it too easy and always be crybabies crying that it's too hard. You simply picked a side, telling us that their concerns are "valid" while the other side is simply ignored and dismissed.

    The fact that the game doesn't center around them is the very reason for their crying.

    They like to dictate what is the "real" issue and what's not. Notice the lack of attention on the rising difficulty of arenas such as the tier 4B and alliance wars. Even in lower tiers, we have rank 5/50 4-stars to contend with on a regular basis, something that did not exist when AW began. How are the new players be able to contend with that? Instead, the focus is on some insignificant 12-hour quest because nobody cares about new players. The focus should be on the "real" players with their real "valid" concerns.

    The rest of us sees it as a game, however, and do not feel the need to dictate how the game rules and content should be. If it is too hard, great. If it is too easy, that's great too. We move on.

  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    Saying "Don't do it." is the same as saying there is no problem. Perhaps not for you personally. That doesn't mean the problems other people are having aren't valid. That's what we're talking about. Devaluing the opinions of others.

    There is no problem not all content is meant for everyone
  • Kynny wrote: »

    You say progression alot the quest progressed you since last time. Is it kabam fault you didnt?
    Nope not at all.

    Just like players need progression so dies difficulty

    Why are you just assuming I didn’t? There are a lot of people who have progressed significantly but can’t cover the leap of difficulty that this event presents. Modoks lab is also more difficult in that you have absolutely no way to prepare since you don’t know what you’ll be getting. Also instead of blaming the person for being weak, did you consider that maybe it’s on kabam for increasing the difficulty without scaling the rewards with it?

    As players progress, they move up tiers. The tiers themselves reflect progression via their level (medium, hard, expert, etc.) but the tiers themselves have always remained constant with expert capping at 25k for most months. No one expected the difficulty to go up to 30k and what this did is people at the bottom of the expert bracket who used to qualify for that tiers rewards can’t anymore. Are you saying those people who qualified for the expert tier rewards should just be satisfied with hard level rewards which heavily impede their progression needs? Is it any surprise these people are upset?

    If this was about progression, a better way to accomodate end game players with more challenge is to create a new uncollected or master tier... Not make expert more exclusive at the expense of those who need expert tier rewards the most (in the sense that it will make the biggest difference for them)

  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    Kynny wrote: »

    You say progression alot the quest progressed you since last time. Is it kabam fault you didnt?
    Nope not at all.

    Just like players need progression so dies difficulty

    Why are you just assuming I didn’t? There are a lot of people who have progressed significantly but can’t cover the leap of difficulty that this event presents. Modoks lab is also more difficult in that you have absolutely no way to prepare since you don’t know what you’ll be getting. Also instead of blaming the person for being weak, did you consider that maybe it’s on kabam for increasing the difficulty without scaling the rewards with it?

    As players progress, they move up tiers. The tiers themselves reflect progression via their level (medium, hard, expert, etc.) but the tiers themselves have always remained constant with expert capping at 25k for most months. No one expected the difficulty to go up to 30k and what this did is people at the bottom of the expert bracket who used to qualify for that tiers rewards can’t anymore. Are you saying those people who qualified for the expert tier rewards should just be satisfied with hard level rewards which heavily impede their progression needs? Is it any surprise these people are upset?

    If this was about progression, a better way to accomodate end game players with more challenge is to create a new uncollected or master tier... Not make expert more exclusive at the expense of those who need expert tier rewards the most (in the sense that it will make the biggest difference for them)

    The leap dude it's not even a noticed difference to alot of plAyers I feel they should make it harder..
    I've done all no items with my main acct and like 7 with r4 4 stars on my alt.. sorry but if an r4 4 can beat content it's not hard
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,638 ★★★★★
    Kynny wrote: »
    Saying "Don't do it." is the same as saying there is no problem. Perhaps not for you personally. That doesn't mean the problems other people are having aren't valid. That's what we're talking about. Devaluing the opinions of others.

    There is no problem not all content is meant for everyone

    Thanks for the example.
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Kynny wrote: »
    sorry but if an r4 4 can beat content it's not hard
    i thought the most skilled players could do hard content with r4 4* or even maxed 3*

    i know i've heard about people clearing some endgame content with a 3* starlord somewhere in the forum

    Where did I claim I was even in the top tiers of skill? That's right never
    You don't need to be top to beat this content it's mid tier
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    I dont understand?
    Modoks lab was previously different to this one.....
    They said this one would be harder......
    They also said not everyone is meant to do it.....

    But most importantly they stated that modok labs was returning but with changes from how it was......
    So why are we comparing it to last time??

    When they bought out the last challenge and it was not harder than the time before people complained that it was not harder than the time before.....

    Now they make this event harder then the last one and people complain they made it harder.....

    Seems like never happy.....
    Seems like always complain....

    It may not be the same people complaining but my point is no matter what they do there will be a subset of people who will always find fault and complain
This discussion has been closed.