**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Immune to debuff nightcrawler in AW - How do you fight this?

Came up to debuff immune nightcrawler in AW and I can't figure out how you'd fight this without many revives.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Luck...

You need to have your "A GAME" and get lucky to force him into swashbuckler mode. If you can do this early enough in the fight, you will be fine.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Ww2 cap is a great choice
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    NinjAlan wrote: »

Why?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I take Loki into Aw offence, so he is very good to use against immune to stun NC. Because I get his special 1 in like 6 seconds, so often I just do a couple of hits, use L1, which steals the evade buff NC gets from his L1, I have MD rank 5 which also helps. Then eventually hopefully he goes into swashbuckling mode
  • Slasherx44Slasherx44 Posts: 20
    Switch him to swashbucking mode. Bait his heavy attacks and specials, and of course it helps if you know how to intercept.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    Luckily, NC evasion is higher than Spiderman's but can be shut off if you force him to switch. Just wait for him to trigger his dashback+block timer, and attack him to make his 1.5seconds pass, then he has no evasion anymore
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    spumington wrote: »
    NinjAlan wrote: »

Why?

Duped, he will take minimal or 0 damage when NC has any buffs up. I've used WW2 vs Nightcrawler a lot in AW and in the Road to the LoL
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    i just faced this issue in AW was able to get him down with WW2. just be aggressive and whenever he evades quickly dash back, because sometimes he will attack you when he evades. then if you can get him to swashbuckle it should be easy enough there

I can confirm this; the AI evade-attack bug still exists.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Hold block bait heavies and only go in for combos when the timer comes up, if he evades out dash back right away rinse and repeat until you get him to switch.

I take this path every war and 75-80 percent of the time its NC there with the occasional Juggs or SM.

I use SL because WW2 is usually my dorm killer in AQ. Both are good options for this. I find SW switches him quickly if hes duped as well.

Helpful tips for switching him, use a champ with a long duration/slow animation of their L1 i.e. Doctor Strange as you can get a couple hits on him when the timer is up hit the l1 and he will still be blocking.

That being said at a high tier in war you are afforded maybe 1 mistake if you have full health otherwise a combo will ko you.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    edited June 2017
    I run this line in war a lot. I'll use 4/40 duped Cap ww2 (Cap has a better chance to perfect block from NC precision buffs) or 5/50 duped Voodoo. Don't start the fight by dashing back a lot or you'll get backed to the corner and fight over. Hold block and bait his heavy, hit 2-3 times (if he evades dash or block quick), stay aggressive then he will dash back and hold block. Dont immediately rush to hit his block but don't wait too long (eventually you'll find the sweet spot) and hit his block, by the 3-4th hit he should be in sb mode. Once he's in sb mode you can hold block baiting his heavy (Cap is great for this) and bait his L1 to open him up.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    Use a duped Iceman and fight aggressively to keep a constant cycle of coldsnap on NC. He's also bleed immune so if you slip up and get hit, the damage won't be too severe.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Use a duped Iceman and fight aggressively to keep a constant cycle of coldsnap on NC. He's also bleed immune so if you slip up and get hit, the damage won't be too severe.

He said immunity node dude coldsnap dont work on him
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Personally i recommend CB
    Personally i recommend CB

While the decreased ability accuracy is nice, I feel that class disadvantage hits you too hard
    I use yondu a lot too, I know not many will have him but he destroys nightcrawler even with immunity to negative effects. Yondu second special is awesome, it's damage increases every time enemy uses a special. Really good for night crawler who always uses sp1

Star Lord is good too, second special does an awesome amount of damage with a high combo.

The class bonus helps these two
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Practice getting him to swashbuckle and then he's easy with any champion. I don't think he's that great of a defender
  • KromestoneKromestone Posts: 81
    Hopper1313 wrote: »
    Came up to debuff immune nightcrawler in AW and I can't figure out how you'd fight this without many revives.

Any ideas?

What champs did you take into attack phase?
  • KromestoneKromestone Posts: 81
    Personally I use my falcon to fight nc, start the fight, activate locked on... Which basically reduces his chance to evade to zero for 8 secs( class disadvantage) and within that 8 secs I switch him to sb mode and then kick his ass...
  • Section24Section24 Posts: 13
    let him do hard attack and smah him one or 2 shot he is easy more u fight him more easy he get
  • LegendLegend Posts: 25
    Just learn to be like me. This is the main boss WITH node 52 still up (mini boss). So this NC was boss and immune to everything. Legend out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1QwvjVPf0o