**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champ PI Disparity

dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
According to https://i.redd.it/u1hd57batpky.png there is almost a 1000 PI difference between the highest base PI champ, Thanos (4801) and the lowest, Wolverine (3810). That's a pretty big spread, and it doesn't seem like the values are simply based on the power/utility/stats of a champ, otherwise Phoenix wouldn't be #4 on the list. Instead they seem arbitrarily assigned.

If all champs are supposed to be relatively fair and balanced between themselves (HAH! Try saying that with a straight face...), what purpose does such a gross disparity serve?

Comments

• spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Only the Prestige Oracle knows.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Prestige is the easy answer, but that's really more a byproduct of the wonky PI ratings than why they are assigned that way. Unless people really consider Phoenix and Howard the Duck 'prestigious'. :P
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    spumington wrote: »
    Prestige is why they are assigned that way. PI is a byproduct of prestige (it's prestige + masteries).

The Prestige Oracle is the only one who knows why champs have their assigned prestige value. Unfortunately, the Prestige Oracle is a somewhat mythical being. Kabam has only officially acknowledged his existence once, and it was to inform the player base that he had come down with a cold and was out sick that day. After that, no one really knows what happened to him. He must still communicate with Kabam somehow because new champions are still assigned with prestige values. I believe there is a prestige shrine in the Kabam office where they smoke peyote and prey to the Prestige Oracle, only to have the new champion prestige revealed to them in a vision.

But your guess is as good as mine.

I wish I could upvote this
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    spumington wrote: »
    Prestige is why they are assigned that way. PI is a byproduct of prestige (it's prestige + masteries).

The Prestige Oracle is the only one who knows why champs have their assigned prestige value. Unfortunately, the Prestige Oracle is a somewhat mythical being. Kabam has only officially acknowledged his existence once, and it was to inform the player base that he had come down with a cold and was out sick that day. After that, no one really knows what happened to him. He must still communicate with Kabam somehow because new champions are still assigned with prestige values. I believe there is a prestige shrine in the Kabam office where they smoke peyote and prey to the Prestige Oracle, only to have the new champion prestige revealed to them in a vision.

But your guess is as good as mine.

I wish I could upvote this

Looks like that post is destined to roam the catacombs of the forums for eternity.
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    I believe the prestige team are the same guys who write Family Guy
    manatees-south-park.jpg
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    There was about a 6 month period where prestige was on a constant upward creep, that stopped at quake/phoenix/mordo/Dr voodoo.
    So the easy answer, is Kabam fell in to a money pit, where every two weeks all the top players had to buy the new champ to stay on top. They finally put a stop to this, after the 4 listed above. Whether they actually have a equation that calculates prestige for a champ or not is debatable but unlikely.
    Try and remember, Thor, Scarlet Witch, and DS even pre nerf had some of the lowest prestige values in the game.
    "Arbitrarily assigned" isn't even all that accurate, because of that upward trend I spoke of. It's hard to say it wasn't very intentional.