**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hey, Kabam. You've recreated the same problem.

Comments

• Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Hey you must have used photo shop on that! Everyone knows there are no "go to" champs anymore! And no more "go to" mastery builds! What? You don't believe it?
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Lot of experienced players posting in this thread. What do you guys think about Kabam adding nodes like Spectre to AW defense, or adding new node effects that nullify champion synergies to boss nodes? IMO spectre would make champs like Blade/Ghost Rider/Voodoo/etc. terrible choices, and nullifying champion synergies could level the playing field on AW offense.

I am running without Willpower and without recovery, so against spectre I just need to use non-healers. However... It's really a disadvantage to fight without willpower. In particular against debuffs triggered by defensive abilities. At least with Blade you have the choice not to regen (and if you keep it over 71%, you do not have to worry about regenerating). Same with Ghost Rider, you have the option not to trigger it. So spectre is not a solution to those. Voodoo would be a problem, but you have more than one champion to use.

Offensive synergies are a strategy, so I do not think they will take that away.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I am running without Willpower and without recovery, so against spectre I just need to use non-healers. However... It's really a disadvantage to fight without willpower. In particular against debuffs triggered by defensive abilities. At least with Blade you have the choice not to regen (and if you keep it over 71%, you do not have to worry about regenerating). Same with Ghost Rider, you have the option not to trigger it. So spectre is not a solution to those. Voodoo would be a problem, but you have more than one champion to use.

Offensive synergies are a strategy, so I do not think they will take that away.

My point with adding Spectre to AW was to reduce the dominance of the "trinity" in AW, which is what a large amount of players are complaining about. When someone starts posting videos of Blade soloing top tier AW bosses without using his regeneration, I'll agree that Spectre wouldn't change much in AW. Same for Ghost Rider. If it were to have an effect, most players who use Blade would prefer Spectre nodes in AW over him being nerfed, since he would still have his maximum potential in AQ and questing. I also meant to suggest a few Spectre nodes in AW if anything more than one, in case that was unclear. I don't run willpower because I focus on offensive and utility masteries like glass cannon, assassin, and mystic dispersion, so I can't comment on that. I did run it when I was completing Act 4, but I've found attack and utility masteries to be more effective for AQ, AW, Act 5, and LOL.

My point with nullifying synergies in AW was aimed at only boss nodes, mostly the main boss node, and only in tiers 1-3 where 6* shards are included in rewards.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    All the champs coming out and that have come out, all have more complex workings though.

Soon another “Blade” will come, also he is only so popular in war because people still go crazy for a mystic defence.

Blade isn’t great against anyone, against a majority of champs he is as average as most R4s.
  • Options
    WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    Another day another Blade post, nothing to see here.
  • Options
    FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    Fives wrote: »
    Rektor wrote: »
    Hilarious comparing a synergy that allowed you to take zero damage with anything else.

Block proficiency was an accidental cheat code given to us by kabam. It created fraud accounts with players not nearly as good as they appeared. Still funny thinking about when Chloe introduced block proficiency reduction and players couldn’t beat it until kabam updated the game the final weekend of the event and broke their node, which allowed perfect block to work again and 3/4 of the community that couldn’t beat it finally did.

Compared to a synergy that lets the best champ in the game (spark) start with 3 poise that would take him 5 seconds to get without the synergy.

So let’s nerf blade because he regens even though the best regen in that synergy isn’t even blade’s.

Blade is the scapegoat of the butthurt.

Did none of you read where he literally spelled out: “DO NOT NERF BLADE”, or..? He’s saying other characters should be buffed to blade’s level. Blade shouldn’t be any less useful or desirable, he just shouldn’t be the end all be all of every aspect of the game. Isn’t that a good thing?

He isn't. Technically buffing all Champs to his level would take away any useful advantage, so it would be the same thing as nerfing him. The OP is free to suggest what they want, but that's essentially the effect.
    Blade isn't anywhere near what the former God Tier was. That was game-breaking. He's just part of an efficient War Attack Team. There are counters to him.

Really? So you’re saying making other champions useful against, let’s say mystics for example, (since that seems to be the biggest issue, and I would agree that blade is really the only good option at the moment) would somehow make blade less useful against mystics? No, it’d simply give us as playersmore options than just blade, and thereby create more champion diversity. It’s not like buffing she hulk is going to somehow remove blade’s regen or his danger sense. Your logic is flawed at its core.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    The problem I see is that champs like sabertooth are now being exempted from danger sense even tho they clearly fit into the villian category because they need to introduce a bunch of blade proof defenders. Will be a regular discussion on the forum with mods trying to explain that future champs like Dr Doom and Apocalypse are in fact not villains but simply misunderstood. This demonstrates the broken concept. I have a 4/55 blade and he’s great but to some extent a broken concept with the synergies.
  • Options
    DangerNoodleDangerNoodle Posts: 235
    edited March 2018
    Wait what's his argument again? All I'm getting is "Blade's too powerful" and "Don't nerf him" 😂
    And if diversifying attack is the problem them maybe you should start up a new movement because it looks like you brought the same Trinity to that war as everyone else minus the Starky 😂
  • Options
    Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    TKal wrote: »
    They can’t touch blade, but they are making him less must-have

Gladiator Hulk is as good, maybe better than him against Dormmammu, good against Magik, Mephisto
    Passive buff from Sabretooth and Bishop helps against MD
    Bishop energetic resistance helps too

They are clearly doing good from now, providing more counter champs, and I hope in the near future, counter champs for blade in AWD.

Honestly, no counting all the bugs and stuff, only the champs, the lasts ones made really good sense in the current meta, and are all pretty good at the moment. So this is encouraging.

You have a point. They are coming out with better characters to counter their bugs in some previous ones. But obtaining those characters is another thing.

I agree with the OP. They should buff other characters to make them better and create more synergies between a more diverse group of characters. Don’t debuff Blade because all that’s going to do is create an uproar just like when the first batch of characters were debuffed.

If they really want to please the majority of the MCOC community. They should focus on bettering the characters already available and fixing the bugs on the content we have now.
    It’s great that we have new Quest and characters every month. But at the same time I feel all that does is create more faults and bugs throughout the game. And that causes more reasons to have more people complain and it’ll continue being a cycle that grows and grows until something is done or it becomes too much to fix.

That’s just my opinion
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Hilarious comparing a synergy that allowed you to take zero damage with anything else.

Block proficiency was an accidental cheat code given to us by kabam. It created fraud accounts with players not nearly as good as they appeared. Still funny thinking about when Chloe introduced block proficiency reduction and players couldn’t beat it until kabam updated the game the final weekend of the event and broke their node, which allowed perfect block to work again and 3/4 of the community that couldn’t beat it finally did.

Compared to a synergy that lets the best champ in the game (spark) start with 3 poise that would take him 5 seconds to get without the synergy.

So let’s nerf blade because he regens even though the best regen in that synergy isn’t even blade’s.

Blade is the scapegoat of the butthurt.

Did none of you read where he literally spelled out: “DO NOT NERF BLADE”, or..? He’s saying other characters should be buffed to blade’s level. Blade shouldn’t be any less useful or desirable, he just shouldn’t be the end all be all of every aspect of the game. Isn’t that a good thing?

He isn't. Technically buffing all Champs to his level would take away any useful advantage, so it would be the same thing as nerfing him. The OP is free to suggest what they want, but that's essentially the effect.
    Blade isn't anywhere near what the former God Tier was. That was game-breaking. He's just part of an efficient War Attack Team. There are counters to him.

Really? So you’re saying making other champions useful against, let’s say mystics for example, (since that seems to be the biggest issue, and I would agree that blade is really the only good option at the moment) would somehow make blade less useful against mystics? No, it’d simply give us as playersmore options than just blade, and thereby create more champion diversity. It’s not like buffing she hulk is going to somehow remove blade’s regen or his danger sense. Your logic is flawed at its core.

No doubt there will be eventually. My logic is not flawed. We're talking about buffing all the other Champs just because there's one that was introduced that is efficient against one War Strategy. Perhaps the best option is to come up with a new plan for Defense besides Mystics. It's been used long enough. I don't agree that the game needs to be adjusted because people are using the same Attack. Diversity was never an issue for Attack. The real issue is the Mystic Barrier isn't working anymore, and many people are equipped with the only option they have at the moment. Nothing lasts in the game. This will change too, eventually. For now, there's no reason why many people using Blade should even be considered a balance issue.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I’m confident he’ll get a nerf. Watch
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Clones!!! They are all clones!!! Clones invasion in AW!!!
    haha just kidding, joke aside, if I have those champs at 5* highly ranked, I will NOT hesitate to join the clone army :D .... if we cannot beat them, let's join them ;)
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I’m confident he’ll get a nerf. Watch

Well that settles it.
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    The problem I see is that champs like sabertooth are now being exempted from danger sense even tho they clearly fit into the villian category because they need to introduce a bunch of blade proof defenders. Will be a regular discussion on the forum with mods trying to explain that future champs like Dr Doom and Apocalypse are in fact not villains but simply misunderstood. This demonstrates the broken concept. I have a 4/55 blade and he’s great but to some extent a broken concept with the synergies.

Sabretooth isn’t a villain since Axis happened
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    1.your image is just organised and she'es 2 picture actually as i see it in the middle (past)!
    2.blade is n1 option to almost 70% of the players in the game to be ranked up 5 not because h'es super op like everyone's saying but let's look at this from a veteran 700k+ player vieuw
    ( if u 100% lol and have blade and star-lord u 'll basiclly chose blade for rank 5 ) and now people are saying in a different wway don't bring your rank 5 to aw ?!!)
    3.ghost rider and sparks are very very common attaquers in aw before even blade was out
    4. so the wars are not possible without blade ? with another r5 ?
  • Options
    Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Kabam is fully aware how desirable Blade is, why else would they modify/extend the featured crystal schedule just for him? They knew he would be a huge money-maker for them as people did everything they could to get a chance to open one of those crystals (myself included).

They should also be aware that there would be a mutiny if they were to pull some sort of nerf on him so soon after profiting upon his sale.

That being said, I genuinely see a rush of bleed-immune, non-mystic "heroes" being added to the game in the near future to counter-act the surge in Blade's usage. Sentinel was a start.

my thoughts exactly they're working on countering Blade with champs like sentinal so just give it time these nerf blade posts will go away (no this was not one of the nerf blade posts but in general) so yeah Blade will get counters added to the game but he wont be directly nerfed, in all honesty i will be shocked if i read the April patch notes and it says BLADE NO LONGER HAS DANGER SENSE or something dumb like that
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Dr_Brown wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Kabam is fully aware how desirable Blade is, why else would they modify/extend the featured crystal schedule just for him? They knew he would be a huge money-maker for them as people did everything they could to get a chance to open one of those crystals (myself included).

They should also be aware that there would be a mutiny if they were to pull some sort of nerf on him so soon after profiting upon his sale.

That being said, I genuinely see a rush of bleed-immune, non-mystic "heroes" being added to the game in the near future to counter-act the surge in Blade's usage. Sentinel was a start.

my thoughts exactly they're working on countering Blade with champs like sentinal so just give it time these nerf blade posts will go away (no this was not one of the nerf blade posts but in general) so yeah Blade will get counters added to the game but he wont be directly nerfed, in all honesty i will be shocked if i read the April patch notes and it says BLADE NO LONGER HAS DANGER SENSE or something dumb like that

I agree. Everything changes in the game, and eventually there will be other Champs that counter. Blade won't be The Next Best Thing forever. Not sure if the Posts will stop though. Lol. Comes with the territory.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    The nerf will happen, not to the champ, but to the synergy with GR. It will happen, it's just a matter of time.
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I 100% agree, 2 years ago bye bye perfect block, RIP Thor, and now it's the opposite side Hello perfect attack
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    21 of the top 25 total hero base accounts have the same profile.....

That's only because of blade's high prestige.
    I 100% agree, 2 years ago bye bye perfect block, RIP Thor, and now it's the opposite side Hello perfect attack

That is a totally different scenario. Thor was created before masteries were even a thing. Parry made him completely broken so kabam had to do something. Same with SW.

BP teams did linger on far longer than they should have, but I have to think kabam has learned their lesson about nerfs. Don't let them drag on for too long because then they get another blow back like 12.0.

If kabam was going to nerf blade, they would have done it months ago. Instead, they will indirectly nerf him by adding champs that are hard counters to blade.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    21 of the top 25 total hero base accounts have the same profile.....

That's only because of blade's high prestige.

That is a totally different scenario. Thor was created before masteries were even a thing. Parry made him completely broken so kabam had to do something. Same with SW.

BP teams did linger on far longer than they should have, but I have to think kabam has learned their lesson about nerfs. Don't let them drag on for too long because then they get another blow back like 12.0.

If kabam was going to nerf blade, they would have done it months ago. Instead, they will indirectly nerf him by adding champs that are hard counters to blade.

If I were Kabam I wouldn’t have done it months ago. At the earliest it would be after his rerun crystals were out.

Hard counters to blade? Doesn’t affect the trinity. Take Sabretooth for example, Spark has class advantage and with 10 poised you’ll be able to down him fast enough before he gets to regen enough to recover the incoming damage.
  • Options
    WebbdogWebbdog Posts: 117
    They did it again knowingly. They are a dishonest company that only cares about revenue. The game is imbalanced. Made a post about this weeks ago. They will keep doing the same thing over and over
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    xkff94kqbg7s.jpeg
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    So much wishful thinking and paranoia.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    I wish I could narrow down the cause of every war I lost to a champ/synergy. So jelly.