**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Question about special effect trigger rates in high level content.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
Why does it seem that I can trigger bleed or regen, or stun etc... much easier in arena, or Monthlies and special events. Yet in act five they trigger so rarely. If the percentages are the same why are they occurring so infrequently?

Is there some mechanism I am not aware of the cause this disparity. Or is it imagened?

Thanks for any insight or information regarding this.

Comments

• There is no difference in the chances of your Abilities triggering in different content, unless there's a node or Champion that can alter those odds.

I know that it can look that way when you're relying an effect to come up when you need it, versus when you don't, but the odds are not different.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    There is no difference in the chances of your Abilities triggering in different content, unless there's a node or Champion that can alter those odds.

I know that it can look that way when you're relying an effect to come up when you need it, versus when you don't, but the odds are not different.

Does challenger rating have any effect on it too? Thanks.
  • Robster39Robster39 Posts: 20
    @Kabam Miike i a,m very curius. I often have the same feeling. Does challenger rating affects this?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    420sam wrote: »
    There is no difference in the chances of your Abilities triggering in different content, unless there's a node or Champion that can alter those odds.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest
  • 420sam wrote: »

It does not on its own. Challenger Rating does not affect the rate at which Abilities trigger, but if your ability triggering is based on, for instance, scoring a critical hit, that can be affected by Challenger Rating.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★

It does not on its own. Challenger Rating does not affect the rate at which Abilities trigger, but if your ability triggering is based on, for instance, scoring a critical hit, that can be affected by Challenger Rating.

Thanks Miike and thanks @Sirnoob. Makes more sense now.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★

Thanks Miike and thanks @Sirnoob. Makes more sense now.

Always happy to help
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I don’t mean to put a downer on this but challenger rating is so dumb.

Especially when some champs can only be earned as a 4* maximum, having challenger rating makes it so unfair.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Thanks Miike. I've had questions myself, so I know where the curiosity is coming from. I know that CR affects the Stats listed, so it's curious. What I've noticed pretty much across the board is that there is a delay in proc against Opponents that are significantly Buffed, or higher in PI and CR. It's pretty much across the board, Bleed, Incinerate, Stun, etc. The harder the Fights, the harder it is to proc. Sometimes there's a delay and they will start after a few tries. Haven't isolated why yet, but I understand why people are wondering. The CR itself does what it says it does, but I am curious if the interaction of different CRs is causing other issues as well, like speed variants and lag. That's a separate topic, and I don't have fully-formed thoughts on it yet. Thanks for the info. :)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I'm sorry this may sound like a noob is he question. But why and how does challenger rating effect this. If it's a long answers a link to the dynamics would be helpful if such a thing exists.

And as for your earlier response. Yes when I don't need it I'm not looking for it and I'm surprised when I see 6 bleeds from Gwen or guilly. And when i need it I see one.. that's why I wasn't sure is it in my head or is there a real game,e dynamic that makes this happen. Thanks for the clarity.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained#latest

:)