**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

A Note To Kabam re: rank down tickets

JelamJelam Posts: 16
edited March 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Dear Kabam,

First and foremost, thank you for making a truly outstanding game. Your ability to create new content and add new characters without it becoming overly stale or too complex is quite amazing. I downloaded this game years ago, thinking it would be like any other game that I would play for a while to kill some free time and then it would ultimately become one if so many games that fall by the wayside. However, over three years later I still log in several times a day for AQ, AW and a variety of other content.

All of this is great, but I do feel there is an issue that needs to be addressed. With the addition of all the new character and new abilities, it seems like players like myself who have cleared all the available content in the game (quite a long time ago or directly after release of new content) are struggling to keep up with players who are just coming into end game content. When I completed Labyrinth or Legends, the roster choices were much more limited than they are currently. So the champs that were leveled were not the best for end game in its current state. We have seen the rise and fall of the Mystic class, the addition of truly elite champions that are Swiss Army knives for end game content and many other new types of champions all together.

However, with these changes there has almost been a complete shift in the type of Characters needed to stay competitive. Those champs that we leveled early in our progression are now effectively having to be shelved for superior champions that we cannot rank to the same level.

I have several examples of this on my roster that are rank 4, 5 star champions. With the slow power creep of the game, characters like Drax and Starlord which were among the best of the initial 5 Star crystals lack the utility to compete in end game content. Likewise, Juggernaut and Spider-Man (Classic) were once truly elite champions for defensive placement in Alliance War, but now they sit on specialty nodes or on the bench.

My point here is that the need for rank down tickets or more widely available rank up materials is needed in the game to keep your longest active veteran players active and engaged. The new alliance war is a good start, but ultimately will separate the haves and have-nots even further in this game.

In the past, rank down tickets have been specifically reserved for when characters are fundamentally changed. This time, I think they should be available for free or for purchase, because the game has fundamentally shifted to make the newer characters more vital and those of us that were in the position to level champs prior to the creep becoming a sprint fan ether behind.

Thanks for your time and keep up the great content!

Jelam

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    That is more like an ESSAY to Kabam. Keep it up.
  • Options
    iNsy89iNsy89 Posts: 9
    I could not agree more.
  • Options
    An Insy sighting...
    I agree jelam, well written.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, hope someone at Kabam sees and takes note.
  • Options
    Why would Kabam suddenly start to listen to the community? They gain their feedback from the Content Creators like Yeetos and Brian Grant. Players who are elite summoners who HAVE completed end game content. Players who have endless resources and are funded by companies through their YouTube channels. Kabam is not interested in hearing from the greater community. They don't want to hear the greater community needing rank down tickets. They don't want to hear the greater community needing more accessible rank up materials. And frankly they simply don't want to hear from the greater community. They are only interested in feedback from those who spend up big in this 'free to play mobile game provided you do not want to progress too far in the game'.

I disagree with your standpoint here, to a degree. While they do cater to whales, that’s a perfectly reasonable thing for them to do as a business. However, I think Kabam is pretty good about listening to our feedback and trying to balance the different factions of the game. I am in between, I spend on the game, but not whale-like (usually). I feel like the game is fluid, naturally some things ebb and flow, but that’s to be expected.
  • Options
    The balance has indeed shifted. I wholeheartedly agree that rank down tickets, in their ORIGINAL format (not those cheap knock offs they gave us a couple months ago) are in need. I've only been in this for a bit over a year. Just the same, I could think of 5 champs off the top of my head that I would IMMEDIATELY rank down if given the opp. ESPECIALLY when you take into consideration the upcoming changes of AQ with the removal of the Symbioids, and the addition of the Sentinels. Those and the new Mini Bosses will render certain champs completely useless. Many of us have some of these newer champs in our stable. But the allocation of rank up materials (Catalysts, and Gold for the majority of my Alliance, not so much ISO) isn't all that easy when you're constantly running AQ, AW, and have a legit LIFE outside the game. Not everyone has the time to grind out arena all day. @Jelam you hit the nail on the head. This is a logical, and if you ask me, reasonable request.
  • Options
    Thanks @SiriusBreak
  • Options
    So who created the Boss Rush Quest? Elite players. Elite players who have completed all end game content, are bored and wanted a new challenge. So Kabam catered to the elite not the greater community. Just want to remind people that this a mobile game. An app. A release from our daily routines.

Like I said, they do some and it makes sense. But they also keep with the everyday player pretty well too. Not saying they can’t improve, hence this thread. But in general, I don’t feel neglected or voiceless.
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Why would Kabam suddenly start to listen to the community? They gain their feedback from the Content Creators like Yeetos and Brian Grant. Players who are elite summoners who HAVE completed end game content. Players who have endless resources and are funded by companies through their YouTube channels.'.

Brian Grant actually doesn't spend, he shows you the cheapest way to get through the game without using real world resources. If anything, that's probably bad for Kabam. Though I agree, Kabam employees probably run around the office singing C.R.E.A.M. get the money, dolla dolla bill yall, I don't think Mr. Grant should be included in the discussion. But Yeet! Yeet gave us Antman!!!!
  • Options
    WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 194
    Time is not cheap
  • Options
    mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    They care more about ur money than sincerity
  • Options
    Look, you can bash Kabam all you want but you all play the game for a reason. The game functions pretty well, obviously it can improve but still.
  • Options
    mahanmax wrote: »
    They care more about ur money than sincerity

Meh, improving the game is more money for them.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    Jelam wrote: »
    Dear Kabam,

First and foremost, thank you for making a truly outstanding game. Your ability to create new content and add new characters without it becoming overly stale or too complex is quite amazing. I downloaded this game years ago, thinking it would be like any other game that I would play for a while to kill some free time and then it would ultimately become one if so many games that fall by the wayside. However, over three years later I still log in several times a day for AQ, AW and a variety of other content.

All of this is great, but I do feel there is an issue that needs to be addressed. With the addition of all the new character and new abilities, it seems like players like myself who have cleared all the available content in the game (quite a long time ago or directly after release of new content) are struggling to keep up with players who are just coming into end game content. When I completed Labyrinth or Legends, the roster choices were much more limited than they are currently. So the champs that were leveled were not the best for end game in its current state. We have seen the rise and fall of the Mystic class, the addition of truly elite champions that are Swiss Army knives for end game content and many other new types of champions all together.

However, with these changes there has almost been a complete shift in the type of Characters needed to stay competitive. Those champs that we leveled early in our progression are now effectively having to be shelved for superior champions that we cannot rank to the same level.

I have several examples of this on my roster that are rank 4, 5 star champions. With the slow power creep of the game, characters like Drax and Starlord which were among the best of the initial 5 Star crystals lack the utility to compete in end game content. Likewise, Juggernaut and Spider-Man (Classic) were once truly elite champions for defensive placement in Alliance War, but now they sit on specialty nodes or on the bench.

My point here is that the need for rank down tickets or more widely available rank up materials is needed in the game to keep your longest active veteran players active and engaged. The new alliance war is a good start, but ultimately will separate the haves and have-nots even further in this game.

In the past, rank down tickets have been specifically reserved for when characters are fundamentally changed. This time, I think they should be available for free or for purchase, because the game has fundamentally shifted to make the newer characters more vital and those of us that were in the position to level champs prior to the creep becoming a sprint fan ether behind.

Jelam

So the first round od RDT's we got like 5 for 5/4/3*'s. Did you use them on the LOL champs you mentioned? Obviously not or you wouldn't have made this post. You had the opportunity then and didnt take it. RDT's shouldnt come back. Theres no need. You made the choices and just because new champs come into the game, its bit a good enough reason to give RDT's. RDT's werent given when 5*s were introduced and everyone survived.
  • Options
    VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    YES.... YES... GIVE US THAT
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Dear Kabam,

Jelam

So the first round od RDT's we got like 5 for 5/4/3*'s. Did you use them on the LOL champs you mentioned? Obviously not or you wouldn't have made this post. You had the opportunity then and didnt take it. RDT's shouldnt come back. Theres no need. You made the choices and just because new champs come into the game, its bit a good enough reason to give RDT's. RDT's werent given when 5*s were introduced and everyone survived.

The first round of Rank down tickets were 12.0 aftermath. This does not encapsulate the time that I am speaking about. The true power creep has been in the past 6-7 months. With the release of champs like Mephistro, Sentinel, Hulk Ragnarok, Blade, Void, etc. etc. that overshadow even the very best champions from when the original rank down tickets were issued.

This is why I am being this up currently. These champions outstripe available champs that have come out. That and they combat debuffs that weren’t even in the game the when you mention the multiple rank down tickets post 12.0.
  • Options
    Vuska wrote: »
    YES.... YES... GIVE US THAT

Hopefully they will. I try to make well-reasoned arguments for what I see as a problem. But, T the end of the day, it’s really their call whether they help us out or not.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    Dear Kabam,

Jelam

The first round of Rank down tickets were 12.0 aftermath. This does not encapsulate the time that I am speaking about. The true power creep has been in the past 6-7 months. With the release of champs like Mephistro, Sentinel, Hulk Ragnarok, Blade, Void, etc. etc. that overshadow even the very best champions from when the original rank down tickets were issued.

This is why I am being this up currently. These champions outstripe available champs that have come out. That and they combat debuffs that weren’t even in the game the when you mention the multiple rank down tickets post 12.0.

Still not a good enough reason for RDT's. They game has changed and will continue to change. They are always going to put out new champs until the game stops being supported. That's the whole point of building rosters. When new phones are released, does your phone company give you a new one for free even if you are still paying on the previous? Of course not. The game works the same way. You value the new champs more than some of the older ones. That's fine but they shouldn't have to cater to that aspect because you feel they are of no use anymore.
  • Options
    UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    That's a good point you've mentioned here, when u've finished all the game contents & ranked up a champion using those resources u gathered by completing that stuff u can't forsee the future, u might need a champion that's yet to be released to clear the next end game content they're going to offer.
    But rerunning the already finished quest won't allow to gather resources for the future champ. And there is no mechanic to swap the new champ with the old one.
    Thereby u fall in a disadvantaged position for the new content just bcz u finished the previous one a bit early & couldn't use ur resources on a new stronger champ. Whereas someone who finshed it after the new champs release gets an upperhand bcz he upgraded the new powerful one.
  • Options
    UC439 wrote: »
    That's a good point you've mentioned here, when u've finished all the game contents & ranked up a champion using those resources u gathered by completing that stuff u can't forsee the future, u might need a champion that's yet to be released to clear the next end game content they're going to offer.
    But rerunning the already finished quest won't allow to gather resources for the future champ. And there is no mechanic to swap the new champ with the old one.
    Thereby u fall in a disadvantaged position for the new content just bcz u finished the previous one a bit early & couldn't use ur resources on a new stronger champ. Whereas someone who finshed it after the new champs release gets an upperhand bcz he upgraded the new powerful one.

This is my point summed up more succinctly. You shouldn't be punished for using your rank up materials on the best possible champ at the time, otherwise we have to hoard resources in hopes of better champs coming due to the power creep that is evident in the current state of the game.
  • Options
    Dear Kabam,

Jelam

Still not a good enough reason for RDT's. They game has changed and will continue to change. They are always going to put out new champs until the game stops being supported. That's the whole point of building rosters. When new phones are released, does your phone company give you a new one for free even if you are still paying on the previous? Of course not. The game works the same way. You value the new champs more than some of the older ones. That's fine but they shouldn't have to cater to that aspect because you feel they are of no use anymore.

That's all fine and good, but it effectively penalizes people who finish content early. Your choices are to hoard and hope or become quickly passed by as the power creep continues on. It's not as if the content is renewable, thus my idea for rank down tickets. Even if they are a purchasable item, it seems fair.
  • Options
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    blablabla NO NO NO NO RANKDOWN TICKET , why ???

because exploit to rankdown a lower prestige for a new one....

and the game is to collect and rank up all champs so we have enough choice with +116 champs in the game , no need to rank down and the game isnt just 12 champs to play

I understand where you are coming from. However, that really is the name of the game right now as we do not have the means to rank up more champs. As someone who has completed all content in the game, I have 1 Rank 5 5-star champion, 2 rank 1 6-star champions and 6 rank 4 5-star champions. I will be able to rank another champ to rank 4 in the coming months, but have no way to improve my roster outside of that. That's why I am making this argument.
  • Options
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    blablabla NO NO NO NO RANKDOWN TICKET , why ???

because exploit to rankdown a lower prestige for a new one....

and the game is to collect and rank up all champs so we have enough choice with +116 champs in the game , no need to rank down and the game isnt just 12 champs to play

I understand where you are coming from. However, that really is the name of the game right now as we do not have the means to rank up more champs. As someone who has completed all content in the game, I have 1 Rank 5 5-star champion, 2 rank 1 6-star champions and 6 rank 4 5-star champions. I will be able to rank another champ to rank 4 in the coming months, but have no way to improve my roster outside of that. That's why I am making this argument.

Furthermore, I have my prestige characters ranked. That's not what this is about at all.
  • Options
    Sad that I didn't at least get an acknowledgment from Kabam.
  • Options
    YoodenVranks_1YoodenVranks_1 Posts: 39
    If you can change your masteries, why not be able to change your champs? I am a long time player, uncollected but not elders bane, I spend money on the game but not a whale, and I feel that RDTs should be made available to players. I’m not saying Kabam has to give them away (although that’s nice when they do), put them in the unit store, or the glory store, or put them in cash offers. People will buy them.

Or here’s an idea, make it one of those offers that pops up after you open a crystal, particularly if you already have the champ at a lower star rating, make it champ specific. I pulled a 5* Iceman yesterday, if an offer popped up making it possible to rank down my 4* Iceman, I would’ve jumped at it.
  • Options
    If you can change your masteries, why not be able to change your champs? I am a long time player, uncollected but not elders bane, I spend money on the game but not a whale, and I feel that RDTs should be made available to players. I’m not saying Kabam has to give them away (although that’s nice when they do), put them in the unit store, or the glory store, or put them in cash offers. People will buy them.

Or here’s an idea, make it one of those offers that pops up after you open a crystal, particularly if you already have the champ at a lower star rating, make it champ specific. I pulled a 5* Iceman yesterday, if an offer popped up making it possible to rank down my 4* Iceman, I would’ve jumped at it.

Yeah. Sadly Kabam didn’t even think this was worth a response.