**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

On the new 5* crystal announcement

I'll start off by saying that I think this change is good for the community. The 5* featured hero system has been broken for a long time. So broken that you offered a featured only hero for 500$ and it sold like crazy. Mid and high level players are going to great lengths to acquire these heroes. I recognize that this will help the longevity of the game and that its part of your long term plans. Many players are very excited about this announcement.

But...

Was nothing learned from the 12.0 rollout? Just 2 months ago, you rolled out changes that had the long term health of the game in mind. But those changes were too much too fast. You admitted it, you apologized, you tried to make it right. You told us you would seek community feedback before making another game changing announcement.

The recent announcement changes the landscape of the top tier in many ways more than the 12.0 changes. I doubt that this was tested. Quite the opposite, you capitalized on the current state of the featured system at the last possible moment. The 500$ sale was an irresponsible and nefarious way to deal with your best customers. I don't know what the average life of a mobile game is but I would venture to guess that MCoC has outlived the average. You should cherish your top players and not try to squeeze 500$ out of them at the last possible moment before changing a broken system. Also, this recent sale was obviously made with full knowledge of how today's announcement would change the landscape of the game.

To Kabam:
This change is good, but the way you capitalized in the previous system at the last moment is unconscionable. I'm asking for 3 things to compensate your best customers for this game breaking change that is coming
1. Anyone who bought the 500$ deal should be given compensated for the reduced value of their recent champions. 20000 5* shards. And 2 5* rank down tickets.
2. Anyone who completed lol 100% should receive another 5* awakening gem. Many of these gems were used on the classic ultron, and knowing that the movie ultron would soon be available. 2 5* rank down tickets should also be given should these players choose to rank down their classic ultron.
3. Anyone who recently opened a 5* featured crystal and received a basic champion should be compensated for pulling the basic hero. This could be a staggered system. For example crystals opened in May should recience 5000 shards back, April 4000, March 3000, and so on.

The players most affected by this change have been playing for 2 years or more. We have spent real life money and countless hours for the featured crystals. 15000 shards are not easy to earn, but we played by your rules and within the broken system that was in place at the time.

To the Players:
I'm not asking you to organize and I'm not going to throw out the "b" word. But if you are unhappy with this deal, then let kabam know. Post in the forums, update your review on your appropriate App Store, send in a support ticket, and vote with your wallet. Change only happens when you speak up, and there are many outlets that you can go to for your voice to be heard.

-your friendly mutamatt

Comments

• HalfdazedHalfdazed Posts: 24
    I didn't buy the $500 deal, I haven't spent anything since the 12.0 debacle until today when I spent 99c because meh it was just a buck, but I can definitely see the concern here.
  • Clobberin_TimeClobberin_Time Posts: 88
    I think every point that Matt brings forth is valid. A staggered system would work well for kabam' interest as well as ours. I think this is the least that should happen, as many people tried for featured 5* out of the assumption that they would not be released.
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 326 ★★
    This change should have seen something like also a 5* shard milestone is being added to all the 3 day alliance events as well for 500 shards or something. As well as increase shard amounts for SA. These things would benefit all players and allow for players to earn 5* crystals faster. Now don't get me wrong earning them faster is only half the battle acquiring the resources to upgrade them is a whole different battle, especially since it feels like things have changed and now T4 catalyst and T2 alphas are being offered more and ways to earn T1 alphas have decreased.
  • BlackenedBlackened Posts: 23
    Wholeheartedly agree. I'm biased because I opened 3 Nebula crystals and got nothing. I absolutely would have waited if I'd known about this.
  • Bradass86Bradass86 Posts: 2
    Completely agree. I purchased the deal because I had whiffed on every feature attempt up to that point and thought it was the only way I would land one. I got Loki and was decently happy with that...now I find out in 2 weeks I could get him for nothing. That's a slap in the face...some kind of compensation would be a nice olive branch from Kabam.
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    Add my vote to the list. I busted my ass to 100% LoL because the feature champ I wanted was coming around for the last time (or so I thought)....

Kabam, you MUST realize that this makes top players skeptical of ANY good deal to come. Why purchase if the assets are devalued the following week?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    The 15,000 Unit Deal is not the same as the Subfeatured. With the Unit Deal, you were guaranteed one of the listed Champs. With the Subfeatured, the odds of getting a Featured are the same, with the added chance of getting the Subfeatured. The odds of getting the Subfeatured are smaller than the Featured. There is still the possibility of getting a Basic. If the odds are less than the Featured, it's not very high.
  • mashuniversitymashuniversity Posts: 3
    I've been playing since beta and didn't pull the trigger on the 500 dollar offer. I think it was a bad move on them but at the same time, no one forced anyone to purchase. It is what it is.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    I agree with almost every point here except the people who finished LOL.

The fact that AOU Ultron will be released for general consumption shortly is no reason to give them anything for compensation.

Comic Ultron is an excellent champ and better in may ways than AOU Ultron.

Further to this I dropped 30k shards on Gwenpool and got basics so I'm salty and would love 8k shards back
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Add my vote to the list. I busted my ass to 100% LoL because the feature champ I wanted was coming around for the last time (or so I thought)....

Kabam, you MUST realize that this makes top players skeptical of ANY good deal to come. Why purchase if the assets are devalued the following week?

This is the cycle of the game though.

You must realise that when new champs are released that old ones are devalued. Either in usability or prestige.

You chose to push for LOL finish assuming Kabam would 'never'?? change their model of 5* release...thats on you not Kabam
  • AndyAndy Posts: 33
    You are kind of right in a way. I like all of that. Also all of you have failed to realise something about the ultron 5 star announcement. Where does it say it will be the LoL ultron that is released? From what I have read it is the standard ultron that will become a 5 star. So the one that you get for completing LoL is still unique.
    Noobeeus wrote: »

This is the cycle of the game though.

You must realise that when new champs are released that old ones are devalued. Either in usability or prestige.

You chose to push for LOL finish assuming Kabam would 'never'?? change their model of 5* release...thats on you not Kabam

Have to agree with this sentiment. They're going to add new Champs to the Crystals. Changes with the 5* Crystals are long-overdue. When Champs are added to the Crystals, they can't compensate everyone who worked for them when they weren't as available.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    Was nothing learned from the 12.0 rollout? Just 2 months ago, you rolled out changes that had the long term health of the game in mind. But those changes were too much too fast. You admitted it, you apologized, you tried to make it right. You told us you would seek community feedback before making another game changing announcement.

Part of your sentiment I agree with, but there is also a point where I lose support for the community for being "fooled again." This is that point.

Did people not learn from 12.0, from glitches still not being fixed, from the Doctor Strange sale just before the butchered him?

I'm not trying to insult you, or any of those who bought the 5-star featured. That is a person's decision. But at some point people have to take accountability for their actions and accept that it's buyer beware.

I had just talked with people only a few days ago, explaining that at some point they would have to start adding more 5-stars to the 5-star crystal, where they would have to go beyond those that were 4-stars before 5-stars were added. It just would be required for the life of the game to continue.

With all of the complaints by members of the community over issues and lacking effort from the company, why would that same community then give Kabam $500, or be at all surprised when later they would begin to offer featured fighters in 5-stars crystals in the coming weeks?

I just cannot support this complaint when the practices of this company have repeatedly demonstrated that people should be much more discriminating with their money, and not complain when they're fooled twice or more. I agree that it's definitely wrong that they lured some people into spending for something that was coming soon to all, but how many times must people be tricked before they get the hint to not spend or accept any outcome of their purchase?
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    I have a 6-12 month plan for mcoc - it's that complicated of a game. These changes completely change the way I plan and use my 5* shards - 60000 just a few days ago. $2000 worth of 5* shards! A lot of money and time spent in LOL and what not. The choices we make depends on transparent and forthright information. The 5* nebula feature crystal still has more than 13 hours left. It seems like poor timing.

While good for the health of the game, as an individual player I feel and know I have been strongly 'negatively' affected. If I had been informed appropriately, my choices 100% would have been different than that of 3 days ago.

I hope Kabam will consider mutamatt's and my posts.

Thank you

Case 04334563
  • MGAMEMGAME Posts: 8
    I agree with mutamatt
    Kabam promised to be more transparent with things like this!! This would have been known months ago and yet they give us such a short notice and milk us for 5* champions that we thought would never be available again.

I was a sucker and bought the deal. I wouldn't have if I knew =(
  • ALI3N_DNAALI3N_DNA Posts: 3
    MavRCK_ wrote: »
    I have a 6-12 month plan for mcoc - it's that complicated of a game. These changes completely change the way I plan and use my 5* shards - 60000 just a few days ago. $2000 worth of 5* shards! A lot of money and time spent in LOL and what not. The choices we make depends on transparent and forthright information. The 5* nebula feature crystal still has more than 13 hours left. It seems like poor timing.

While good for the health of the game, as an individual player I feel and know I have been strongly 'negatively' affected. If I had been informed appropriately, my choices 100% would have been different than that of 3 days ago.

Thank you

Case 04334563

Informed appropriately? The update goes live in 13 days. Did you want them to make this announcement 2 months ago? Doesn't work that way bud.
  • jm_marvel wrote: »
    Guy selling account services talking about squeezing money out of people. Why aren't you banned yet

Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.
    jm_marvel wrote: »
    Guy selling account services talking about squeezing money out of people. Why aren't you banned yet

Thanks for you concern but you are mistaken. I'm not associated with that in any way at all. You should get your facts straight before running your mouth.

Isn't it offered through your service?
  • edited May 2017

Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services. Other than the completely free prestige calculator that I support and update with countless hours of my personal time.

• Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    ALI3N_DNA wrote: »
    MavRCK_ wrote: »

Thank you

Case 04334563

Informed appropriately? The update goes live in 13 days. Did you want them to make this announcement 2 months ago? Doesn't work that way bud.

Usually they have given 2 months notice for new 5*s actually

Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services
    I thought you were responsible for the InfoBot. I could be mistaken. If so, my bad.
  • thank you

Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services. Other than the completely free prestige calculator that I support and update with countless hours of my personal time.

I knew that. I got them confused. Sorry. I was just adding that whoever is responsible for the IB is still party to it by advertising it. Good work on the calculator. Thank you.
  • mutamatt wrote: »

Not sure what you are talking about. I don't run any services
    I thought you were responsible for the InfoBot. I could be mistaken. If so, my bad.

Nope, like I told the other guy, inform yourself before running your mouth.

• jm_marvel wrote: »

You're obviously going to deny it on the official forums but everyone knows you run the infobot which advertises the service and receive a % of the money from it.

You are misinformed. Not me at all
This discussion has been closed.