**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

1 Day Alliance Event Rewards Need To Be Scaled

Usmcclt0316Usmcclt0316 Posts: 29
edited March 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I am posting this simply to start a general discussion regarding the lack of decent rewards earned from the 1 Day Alliance Event quests.

So, today we get the 1 Day Alliance Brawl event quest where the tier 5 prize is a whopping (2) t2 basic catalysts! And...oh yay...the tier 4 prize is 3 t1 basic cats!! Now, wait a minute...you're alliance frequently runs map 4 or higher AQ maps and everyone is gunning for t4 basic and class cats. What do you need t1 and t2 basic catalysts for? Seems a little bit off, don't you think?

So, this got me thinking...the rewards earned for an Alliance Event are really out-dated. The whole point of running the higher difficulty AQ maps is to better increase the Alliance's chance to get more higher ranking materials as rewards. So, what is the point of winning crummy t1B and t2B cats during an alliance event? If you are a player like me, lvl60, achieved/or in the process of reaching Uncollected status or higher, or are solely focused on ranking 4* and higher champs...t1 and t2 cats don't cut it for you. Unless you really NEED to rank up your 2* champs...or are relatively new to the game and are still developing...t1 & t2 B catalysts are basically useless. Particularly, considering the advent of the 6* champ and the long-awaited t5 basic catalysts! Seems to me that the Alliance Event Quest Rewards need an update!

So, here are two solutions that I am proposing: 1.) Rewards earned for the Alliance completing 1 Day and 5 Day Alliance Event quests should scale in tier...the same as how SA rewards scale up. Provide hard working Alliances the opportunity to win higher ranking materials other than the lowest tier basic catalysts or PHC shards. Or...2.) Scale Alliance Event quests, such as 1 Day Alliance Brawl event, to reward comparable ranking materials to their respective AQ bracket tier or AQ prestige level. For example, completion of AQ week on Expert tier awards 1 fully formed t4B catalyst and yet even an Alliance competing in AQ Expert tier still only gets the t2B cats from the 1 Day Alliance Event. What's the incentive there?!

For a 1 Day Alliance Event...there needs to be a greater challenge for earning the potential for additional t4b and t4cc rewards. The rewards earned for Alliances completing event quests is seriously out-dated and no longer reflect the increasing difficulty of the game. Scaling the rewards earned for ALL of the Alliance events...based on the metrics of the Alliance's levels or AQ standing would add an additional element to the game and what it would mean to be apart of an alliance.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    I agree that this would help in terms of motivation and the usefulness of the event. I know that some events are generally geared to lower-end alliances and some to higher, but it would be so much better if all scaled and offered better rewards for an alliance's actual level, based on some metric. Well, that's my opinion, at least. Right now, I don't need those lower catalysts so I just keep selling them and really don't care to receive them. Thanks very much for posting!
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    It's already scaled for SA, it shouldn't be that hard to match that tier to increased rewards for 1 day events.
  • Options
    ShummyeeShummyee Posts: 3
    I completely agree with this idea, scaling would give higher tiered alliances better rewards. Just like AW seasons rewards could be based in what bracket you're in or just general alliance rating.
  • Options
    Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    edited March 2018
    Be careful! Asking for the game to grow with its content summons the thread derailers...

Inb4 closed
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your inciteful comments. Would love to know what @Kabam Miike thinks.
  • Options
    Issachar86Issachar86 Posts: 6
    I would second the buffing of alliance event rewards. I also think that the solo events need this as well to properly integrate 6* champions across all events. There already exists different rank rewards for those who are beginner or novice flagged (30/60 day accounts) and then there is veteran so I would imagine the coding wouldnt be extensively difficult to integrate. I would suggest that all event rewards are looked at and that solo events are ramped up following uncollected 5.2 completion. This would allow those with 6* champs to actually benefit from using them and would not blow out the fresher/lower accounts who are just entering the veteran bracket or who are progressing slower.
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone who left an inciteful comment regarding the improvement/scaling if Alliance Event Rewards!
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    I don't think I've even used those cats since getting uncollected... I sold all my 2*/3* champs entirely. Rewards definitely need to be updated.
  • Options
    Seriously @K1lltastic ! I haven't sold my 2*/3* champs...just because I still like getting the extra shards and max sig rewards crystals. However, as a level 60 Uncollected 310k PI player in a 7mil alliance with 1,450 war rating...i have absolutely no need to waste gold and resources on ranking up 2* and 3* champs anymore...particularly when ranking 5*s is the future of the game.

Newer players not level 40 need those mats for sure. So, there is still a place for them in the game. But this is why I suggested the Alliance events rewards be scaled to the ranking/tier of the Alliance. SA rewards levels are already scaled the ranking and prestige of the Alliance. So, it wouldn't not be that difficult at all to apply the same matrix formula to the other event rewards...especially the 1 Day Alliance Event Rewards. Those should be higher rewards imo, because they have a shorter time limit than the longer alliance events. I know my alliance usually finishes the 1 Day Alliance Event typically within an hour or 2. Also, add ranking rewards to the 1 Day and make it really competitive between Alliances.