**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should Kabam increase the rewards in AQ to compensate for the replacement of Symbiods by Sentinels?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
I really think that to make this a good move by Kabam, the rewards for AQ should also be aligned with the difficulty of the sentinels.

What do you guys think?

Should Kabam increase the rewards in AQ to compensate for the replacement of Symbiods by Sentinels? 209 votes

Yes. The rewards must be in accordance with the new difficulty created by the Sentinels
76%
Scotty2hotty33_ThatweirdguyLaylicrahul3038MattyloVdh2008420downRagamugginGunnerRB6942Yarah_DahileSnakeEyes69Zeke_the_XbotEvilEmpireStrategicPalanthraxAnimejay70stakCuteshelfGround_Round1Doc_Hollamon 159 votes
No. There is no need for additional rewards.
12%
ArcDeAngelusGroundedWisdomDL864KpatrixWolfeBigPoppaCBONEWhododo872DarkestDestroyerGeneral__Rossmum_m2Deadbyrd9Warofgods13514AxeCopFireJets44IrohrKossukoseSac123_ss1100CupidElitehunter 26 votes
Neither. Just remove the Sentinels and put something more interesting / less difficult.
11%
NEOCaptain_KandiceKarakanliCarmel1MarvelZPrimmer79TNT4LFCG0df4th3rBrutalMiraAfri4ColaHENRIQUE_FORTEMegaForceBlueVincew80OneslydoggQuikPikajax2888Cassyna_RazySonig 24 votes

Comments

• Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    Yes
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Yes. The rewards must be in accordance with the new difficulty created by the Sentinels
    Yes my old team ghost rider, hulk, and gwenpool cannot be used anymore and now I now have to max my new team out.
    I for some reason cannot vote as ... poll option not found :(
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Yes my old team ghost rider, hulk, and gwenpool cannot be used anymore and now I now have to max my new team out.

Why not? The only one in that trio I can see not being useful anymore (for AQ) is Gwenpool. I'm using GR in my team he's working just fine, hulk still hits like a truck though to be fair I haven't used him against any sentinels before.
    Lmao...it’s a waste of time even bothering to say anything
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Yes, personally i believe that the rewards should be more fixed and less dependant on RNG. Instead of the crystal, just scale up the rewards and give a set amount of shards per bg clear. Let the milestone rewards give out the crystals as a bonus to the set rewards for exploration.
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    edited April 2018
    we have 40 more poison bleed immune champ in AQ ...
  • Whatnot72056Whatnot72056 Posts: 87
    The sentinels suck Easter eggs. Especially with the recurring bugs in the game (mostly on Android, not as many thank God on iOS). In higher tier aq5 they are a pain. Love their overreach that taps you out when scooting back. I would see them scaled back, removed or at least an increase in glory since many will have to revamp AQ teams for armor break/shock vs bleed out. I will say Hulk and Sparky y’all.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    No. There is no need for additional rewards.
    No, not at all. Stop complaining and move to a lower map if you have to.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    They aren't hard. Use some skill to figure out how to play them. God forbid we have to actually think play style now.
  • MonubeanMonubean Posts: 5
    It’s the principle of screwing us over again and again. That’s the problem
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    It was a d_ck move to put them in (not too mention NC and Morningstar). They absolutely need to bump up rewards. And the Sentinel AI is definitely not the same as the Syms.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    We have run map 5 the whole season in expert tier and we have guys getting wrecked, using items and KOing their whole team before second mini boss on day one. This was a cash grab and so poorly executed by kabam, on top of the bugs already prevalent. I love how these sentinels have 3 bars of power so they can do back to back specials and have unblockable damage if you slightly can’t time it right to evade due to broken mechanics they refuse to even acknowledge. I gave a one star review in the App Store and I’m done spending on this game, and I’ve played for over 2 years and spent thousands before. This broke me finally. Worst gaming company ever.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Just because something is changed doesn't mean there should he new Rewards lol. That's part of what they haven't had time to work on. It was just a
    TKS87 wrote: »
    Just because something is changed doesn't mean there should be new Rewards lol. That's part of what they haven't had time to work on. It was just a switch to freshen things up. AQ can become easily repetitive, given the fact that we do it 5 days a week. It won't be long before this is just as monotonous.

Yeah sorry I don't buy the 'we don't have time to adjust the rewards' if they can change the mini bosses and swap out symbiods for sentinels, they can make an adjustment to the rewards lol. That is pretty weak reasoning.

You're not wrong - change doesn't necessarily entitle new rewards. But if said change forces people to build and bring a new team, a reward adjustment that actually makes it easier to do so would have gone a long way in making this a much smoother transition.

All They did was swap some Minis and the Syms. There's no sense. Why would they increase the Rewards now, and again when the new Season starts? We can't expect compensation based on Ranking. Every change that comes, that is the first thing people ask for. Lol. I respect that you feel it's necessary but I don't agree. Which is cool. We don't always have to agree. :) Either way I don't feel that shortchanged over a couple Nodes on the Map. They're not even Bosses.

I see what you're saying, but it works both ways - if there's no point in increasing the rewards now, and again when a new season comes out.. It makes just as little sense to roll out new enemies, and do then do it all over again when a new season comes out lol. Why not just wait and change everything at once then? You said yourself this will become monotonous again shortly anyways so it seems to make more sense to wait until you can just refresh everything.

Anyways, I guess we will have to agree to disagree :). Of course not everyone is going to see things the same way, that's partially why the forums exist, to discuss and debate!
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    They changed everything but the main boss and called it a refresh. Been playing since season one and this is as much of an update as other season changes with that one exception. Its ridiculous.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Neither. Just remove the Sentinels and put something more interesting / less difficult.
    Why in God’s name is anyone against Kabam giving us more????
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    That’s like saying I work harder at my job than I used to due to downsizing but I don’t want any more money for that. Give me a break.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Those of you saying there is no increased difficulty are really puzzling me. I'm not saying that it is impossible now but to say there is not a significant increase in difficulty is disingenuous. This is not a minor change regardless of how you classify it. It is a "refresh" with an uptick in difficulty. That difficulty increase varies amongst players some of whom will find this significantly more difficult.

Should the rewards scale? Of course they should. Anyone saying otherwise has some odd agenda. Will Kabam change things? Absolutely not. Standard business practice here. If you aren't already used to this sort of thing....get used to it quick. You will eventually develop some calluses.
  • JiNTarkanJiNTarkan Posts: 22
    Sentinels are not that hard tho but more rewards are always welcome :)
  • na_na_ Posts: 55
    I agree we should adapt to the new difficulty. Althougj slightly increasing rewards or lower costs would be nice.
    But the main issue is it becomes BORING. Every sentinel has exactly same basic and special moves. It doesn't help motivating us to play at all.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    better rewards won't please me.
    The increased difficulty is too much and they need to reduce it A LOT.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Just because something is changed doesn't mean there should be new Rewards lol. That's part of what they haven't had time to work on. It was just a switch to freshen things up. AQ can become easily repetitive, given the fact that we do it 5 days a week. It won't be long before this is just as monotonous.

The rewards needed changing long before sentinels poked thier heads in