**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4* Voodoo

GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
So I have an unduped 5* Voodoo at R2. Just pulled a dupe 4* Voodoo yesterday.

My question is, would you invest in maxing out a 4* duped Voodoo even though I have a 5* not yet awakened?

Comments

• CockatealCockateal Posts: 42
    I would rank 3 5 Star first
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    @Cockateal even unawakened?
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The 5* Voodoo has triple the attack power of the 4* Voodoo, so it’s up to you.
    edited April 2018
    Oh, we’ll keep him rank 2 Sorry bout that. Just wait until you duped him, so save some iso for him
    Yeah I’m pretty broke with gold at the moment as I’m sure most people are. Just hate to invest in a 4* that will likes ride the bench as soon as I dupe my 5*
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    a 4* dupped DV at R5/50 is much more useful than a undupped 5* DV at R3/45, unless you are sure you'll be able to dup him real soon.
    Just rank him up and even tho hes not duped he’s a 5 star voodoo, he will help you. So just wait until you dupe but still rank him up. Do you know what I mean?
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    GNASTY wrote: »
    Yeah I’m pretty broke with gold at the moment as I’m sure most people are. Just hate to invest in a 4* that will likes ride the bench as soon as I dupe my 5*

I'm the opposite on my 2nd account. 300K gold and no ISO lol
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    IMO Even unduped he is better than a lot of other champs as far as a 5*

• KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    unawakend voodoo looks like antman to me ...even worse
  • I have a duped 4* rank 5 and my 5* rank 3 was unduped. My 4* was way more useful than the sleeping 5*. I awakened him with the generic from act 5
  • Depends on how rich or how skillful you are. I have more than 10 5* champions but only could awaken 3 champions since it's so hard to get 5* awakening gem.

What a burning-money game.
    edited April 2018
    Kenshio wrote: »

Wait... for real! my friend have him rank 4, 4 Star! Unawakened, he’s pretty good
    edited April 2018
    I’m working through exploring Act 5 now. Already 100% 5.1 and 5.4. I’m about 3/4 done just finishing up 5.2 and 5.3. I definitely plan on using the generic on him if I don’t get a mystic from 5.3

I just hate investing those resources knowing I’m going to awaken my 5* anyway.
  • Cockateal wrote: »
    Kenshio wrote: »

Wait... for real! my friend have him rank 4, 4 Star! Unawakened, he’s pretty good

Once u have an awakened DV a sleeping one really sucks
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    If you need him right now, then I would take the 4 star. If you have enough other good champions, then I would wait until you dupe the 5 star. It all depends on whether you need immediate power or if you are looking at a long term investment.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    edited April 2018
    I have a duped 4* r4 and unduped 5* r4. Although they're both Voodoo, the game style is different.

A duped Voodoo has Brother Daniel which can increase your accuracy and buff duration, or reduce your opponent's ability accuracy and increase the debuff duration on him.

What they dont say though is that the chance to place loas also doubles when your Voodoo is duped.

That is, with a duped Voodoo, by the time you reached 2 bars of power, you probably have about 5 loas already, and when you do your SP2, can use 3 of those loas automatically.

But with an unduped, you'll only have 2-3 loas by the time you reach 2 bars of power, and there's no guarantee that you'll be able to convert 3 loas unto buffs/debuffs. And if you do convert them into buffs, there's still no guarantee that you'll power burn with every hit.

So with an unduped Voodoo, you need to stick with SP1, odd-combo SP2, and SP3. Personally, I usually go for the SP3, and then spam my SP1s. (SP1 would still work well even if there are a few loas as long as your opponent creates buffs of his/her own).

If you think you can learn to play with that game style, then you can rank your 5* unduped Voodo :wink:
    Thanks for reaffirming my thoughts @SomeoneElse. I’ve got some pretty solid champs already ranked. I’ll look at it long term. Way I see it is I have the caliper to finish 100% Act 5 with what I have now. But I’m sure a 4/45 duped Voodoo will way more useful once Act 6 comes around.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    I'd R5 an awakened 4* Voodoo before taking unduped 5* to R3.

A R3 5* champ is slightly stronger than its R5 4* counterpart. It's a nice little attack and health bump for sure, but they're fairly comparable, imo. Basically, if you struggle with a R5 4* I don't think a R3 5* is going to make a tremendous amount of difference. And since Voodoo greatly benefits from being awakened , I wouldn't hesitate to invest in the 4*. Especially if you're still working on Act 5. Max 4* Voodoo is really good in Act 5.

Only downside is that you're kinda screwed of you dupe your 5* Voodoo before you pick up enough t4 mystic cats to rank him. Depends on if you want to roll the dice or not. If you choose not to rank your 4* though, I think the smart play would be to not rank your 5* either. Wait to dupe him or maybe you pick up another 5* Mystic that doesn't rely on sig ability.