**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

HYPERION CUTOFF

I grinned for 4.5 Mil and did not get Hyperion. What was the actual cutoff. Does anyone know. Or if you got Hyperion please post your points. Thanks

Comments

• DesT_ToxiCDesT_ToxiC Posts: 9
    It was around 6.45 million. I hit 6.412 million and missed him by 200 places.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    6.4 was the cut off
  • Latino173Latino173 Posts: 10
    what will be the cutoff for the second round?
    Any guesses/ predictions?
  • AppieAppie Posts: 99
    4.5-5m looking at voodoo arena i dont think it will be insane high like first one since most people are at work.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Whatever the score is im out done with arenas. Everytime kabam comes out with something new community abuses and messes it up for the rest
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    If you want to go with people's predictions than go right ahead you see how off they were last time.
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    asking for predictions is how this ALWAYS gets out of hand..#thecommunitydidthis
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    Yeah because the smart people over shoot the scores
  • HryboyHryboy Posts: 9
    that's ridiculous. Hyperion is not even a brand new champion. Insane. I think the ranking system needs to be changed. No one has the time to grind for that long. The most I've ever grinded is 4.6 Mil and that took a lot out of me. I think I might be done with Arena maybe even mcoc for awhile unless I see some changes. I'm gonna write a review about this.
  • HryboyHryboy Posts: 9
    how did you do it in 8 hours DropFaith. So your saying you did 6.45 mil in 8 hrs. I don't believe that. Sorry
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Whatever the score is im out done with arenas. Everytime kabam comes out with something new community abuses and messes it up for the rest

What was abused? The competition? Isn't competition what we play for?
  • rjancaszrjancasz Posts: 29
    edited June 2017
    The constant sharing of scores and post like this are directly responsible for increases in scores. Also, 6.5M is not hard for larger accounts to get. It absolutely can be done in 8 hours of playing time. If you do not get/believe that, or if you think it is impossible, you clearly don't understand the best way to play arenas and/or you are underestimating your fellow players' abilities to build good rosters and grind arenas.
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    I got to 6.6 in two days..but didn't think I would be nervous waiting for the results..and I don't tell anyone that is not in my alliance my score til AFTER the rankings are out...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Latino173 wrote: »

My guess: 4.6 million. But I wouldn't aim there, just like it is never a good idea to aim for the cutoff in general. If I had to bet on an exact number, that's where I would place my bet. But Hyperion is rather unique, and the way I extrapolate scores might not be applicable to him. Also: we have very few data points to extrapolate from. In terms of recent track record, I was about 400k low on Voodoo round one and about 500k high for Voodoo in round two. I was more or less in the ballpark on Hyperion round one (my guess was 6.0-6.5 million).
    Hryboy wrote: »
    that's ridiculous. Hyperion is not even a brand new champion. Insane.

No, but this is the first time he is entering the basic arena, and that is more important when it comes to scoring. The first time he entered the arena was under the old arena system, and only 400 people could have gotten him that way (per round). The first time a high value champ enters the basic arena where 10% now and 5% then could get him is still essentially a brand new occurrence.
    asking for predictions is how this ALWAYS gets out of hand..#thecommunitydidthis

Scoring a lot of points is how the cutoff rises. Talking about scoring a lot of points doesn't really matter. If predictions mattered, they would bring scoring down when the consensus is wrong and low. That never happens.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Latino173 wrote: »

My guess: 4.6 million. But I wouldn't aim there, just like it is never a good idea to aim for the cutoff in general. If I had to bet on an exact number, that's where I would place my bet. But Hyperion is rather unique, and the way I extrapolate scores might not be applicable to him. Also: we have very few data points to extrapolate from. In terms of recent track record, I was about 400k low on Voodoo round one and about 500k high for Voodoo in round two. I was more or less in the ballpark on Hyperion round one (my guess was 6.0-6.5 million).

I'm leaning towards 4.8-5.1 for Round 2. Of course we never know how it will go. A good rule of thumb is to Grind as much as you can if you're worried. The good part about this Arena setup is there is no way to overshoot.
    Rednick69 wrote: »

What was abused? The competition? Isn't competition what we play for?

Competition i have no problem i literally broke my old record of scoring 6.66 mill for voodoo. The problem i have is those who have a social life and actually manage to put up 6+ mill in the arena only to short and miss out.

Its pisses me off on ppl say who you didnt make the cut too bad and such, those who brag bout it have no idea how bad it is for ppl who have family.jobs.social life and just once when they thought they actually had a shot of winning that victory is pulled right under them all bc they dont have a huge roster or no social life.

At the rate how cutoffs are going this game should be renamed obsession contest where its like pokemon you catch them all lol. To me i am ok with missing out with some champs as i already burned myself and last i recall 5* are now the new 4* and yes more 4* means easier grind but wont change the fact that there are hard working ppl who get a chance to win a champ but dont all bc ppl find it funny to overshot
    Hyperion had his arena last yr and then entered crystal on march 28th so you telling me from march 28th till june 15th there were little distrubtion of hyperions????

**** bc from 3/28 to 6/15 that is alot of hyperions to be given away in crystals and odds of dupe isnt high but certain many used cosmic awaken stone or generic stone on him.
    At the rate how cutoffs are going this game should be renamed obsession contest where its like pokemon you catch them all lol. To me i am ok with missing out with some champs as i already burned myself and last i recall 5* are now the new 4* and yes more 4* means easier grind but wont change the fact that there are hard working ppl who get a chance to win a champ but dont all bc ppl find it funny to overshot

What is "overshooting?" I put up 7 million to get Hyperion. Did I overshoot? Was I supposed to score lower, to increase the chance that someone would score higher than me and I would lose Hyperion? If I scored 9 million instead, would that have changed anything?

The cutoff score is really not a thing you can target or overshoot or undershoot. 13,400 people got Hyperion. Everyone else didn't. If you lower the cutoff by somehow causing everyone to score less, the same 13,400 people would have gotten Hyperion and the same everyone else would have lost him. The only way for any of the people who didn't get him to actual get him is not just to somehow magically lower the cutoff or convince people to not "overshoot" but to displace one of those people.

I get the impression that the people talking about "overshooting" are really asking for people to score less, so other people can overtake them. But by definition if you ask people to score less so other people can overtake them, you aren't asking for them to stop overshooting, you are asking them to undershoot and lose. Good luck with that.