**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Request: Extend Chaos Rifts to the end of Infinity Chaos

Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
I know there are other threads out there that speak to the high energy costs of the Infinity Chaos event. The total cost of the event doesn't concern me as much as the fact that you would need to complete all 5 quests a week before the event is over in order to cash in on Chaos Rifts. Infinity Chaos ends on May 2nd, but Chaos Rifts ends on April 25th. That means that any Chaos Crystal shards collected in the last week of Infinity Chaos will not be usable in rifts (though, presumably, you would be able to open whole Chaos Crystals which have lesser prizes than their corresponding rifts).

Now, if you're Uncollected, it should be possible to earn 40k T4 Chaos Crystal shards through a combination of gifts, the calendar, completing Infinity Chaos quests, doing solo and alliance quests, and completing Beginner, Normal, and Heroic rifts. In other words, it would take a lot of effort to earn that many shards. It would also require a total energy expenditure of 7608, or about 362 energy a day, to do so. Theoretically we can earn 300 energy a day from normal gameplay, though realistically this is more likely around 270 energy a day . Which means that to reach this goal would require the purchase of 28 energy refills for a total cost of 840 units in addition to a lot of extra gameplay. This is rather ridiculous outlay for an event like this with uncertain rewards.

I'd like to suggest to Kabam that resetting the end date for Chaos Rifts to match the end date of Infinity Chaos would be a good solution to this situation. You're essentially double taxing the community for the opportunity to fully participate in this event without promising commensurate rewards, and I for one would like the opportunity to reduce that to a single tax.

Comments

• MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
    That defeats their purpose of forcing you to buy energy refills though... Do you think they meticulously crafted and planned out the extra energy needed to complete while running along side the chaos rift do give you a chance? No lol, it was penny pinching scheme from the get go man.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    No one is forcing anyone to do anything. You can do as much as you want. The Rewards in those Rifts are worth a little extra Energy. The OP is free to request they be extended, but when you're implying that it's some diabolical plan to milk Refills, that's about as conspiracy as it gets. If you want the Rewards, you have to put in effort. If you want them all, you'll have to put up the full amount of Energy. Simple as that.
    edited April 2018
    You seriously must be an employee or a kabam sympathizer... So it's just a "coincidence" that this monthly quest take more energy than any before it? It's ok kid you'll grow out of your Stockholm syndrome eventually...
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    any mods want to jump in and say something about this?
    The only thing they will say is a pre-typed response on sometimes it's more sometimes it's less.. I would at least respect them somewhat if they just came out and said "look this is how it is." But they just keep up with the 0 communication and act like we don't have a brain in our head to clearly see what they are doing.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I want this to happen
    edited April 2018
    It'll never happen. People make poor decisions and gaming companies, especially mobile ones have capitalized on this for years. The days are numbered though when it comes to mobile games deceiving and ripping off people. Apple forcing the drop rates made public is only the beginning of the regulations that's going to be enforced in the near future.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    5bpx3bhd35ei.png
    Mine shows they both end the same time. Are these the quests your talking about?
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    Batman05 wrote: »
    Mine shows they both end the same time. Are these the quests your talking about?

Heh, looks like Kabam already answered my request. I based my numbers off the dates in the Chaos Rifts announcement, but if they changed their minds after the announcement and aligned the events then that's fine by me.