Options

Sentinels on immunity path

I am among the many that think it’s completely shady and underhanded to make changes to AQ before the end of the season. Sentinels are a giant pain, but can be beaten relatively easily with the right champs. The ones on the immunity path in section 2 of map 5 however, are the ones that are causing me the most trouble. Does anyone have any suggestions of champs that they’ve used on debuff immune sentinels with success?

Comments

• Options
    Red_and_JackRed_and_Jack Posts: 2
    Ive found Blade with the holy trinity for synergies allows you to make short work of any sentinels, including immune path. Plus Blade allows you to heal back any inevitable chipping damage.
  • Options
    DareDvlDanDareDvlDan Posts: 84
    I've found The Hood to work quite well against Sentinels, especially the cosmic variants due to a lot of stagger triggers which is a big help if you have mystic dispersion. He also doesn't take any block damage from Sentinel SP1 or SP2 when invisible.
  • Options
    Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    The sentinels are skills, and are immune to all debuffs, so stagger wouldn’t help. The invisibility is a good suggestion I hadn’t thought of though.
  • Options
    JerichoholicJerichoholic Posts: 21
    I agree wholeheartedly. I run this path and I struggle against these bad boys. The issue is the unavoidable block damage and my current inability to intercept them. So far, my best option against them was civil warrior and I spammed SP1. Minimal damage, but still way too much compared to my beloved symbiods.
  • Options
    Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    I always use Wolverine on that path for his regen against block damage, but he doesn’t hit hard enough to finish them before timing out. So frustrating.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    X23 would be better since she'll get cruelty buffs, but it's BS. You have to either be an absolute ninja interceptor (risky) or eat block damage... which also raises their counter.
  • Options
    Tom3579Tom3579 Posts: 51
    Menkent wrote: »
    X23 would be better since she'll get cruelty buffs, but it's BS. You have to either be an absolute ninja interceptor (risky) or eat block damage... which also raises their counter.
    She doesn’t get cruelty against immune debuff path, just FYI
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Tom3579 wrote: »

Why not? It's not a debuff. It's a buff for her, like her regen.

• Options
    Kabam PorthosKabam Porthos Posts: 4,676
    Moved this over to the Strategy and Tips section of the Forum.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    x23 - stack cruelty. end fight quickly.
  • Options
    Rakot_UofCRakot_UofC Posts: 39

Tom is half right. X-23 would get cruelty buffs against Gwenpool on debuff immune node, because she is inherently not bleed immune, so X-23 will try to bleed her. However, X-23 will gain Cruelty buff against skill Sentinel on that path, because sentinel is already bleed immune.

As for the topic, i find hard hitters to be very useful. Hulk (even with class disadvantage), captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch work very nicely. And if you use Witch you get added bonus of healing that block damage occasionally.
  • Options
    SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    I ranked up 5* unduped Iceman for that path, and he does pretty well - while they shrug off coldsnap, the frostbite charges still build and pop, and class advantage means fewer analysis charges.
  • Options
    NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Rakot_UofC wrote: »

Tom is half right. X-23 would get cruelty buffs against Gwenpool on debuff immune node, because she is inherently not bleed immune, so X-23 will try to bleed her. However, X-23 will gain Cruelty buff against skill Sentinel on that path, because sentinel is already bleed immune.

As for the topic, i find hard hitters to be very useful. Hulk (even with class disadvantage), captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch work very nicely. And if you use Witch you get added bonus of healing that block damage occasionally.

Debuff lanes dont give cruelty buff. Cruelty buffs are triggered when x23 procs a bleed on a bleed immune champion. On debuff immune, x23 will never proc a bleed so she will never get a cruelty buff.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    NevvB wrote: »

Debuff lanes dont give cruelty buff. Cruelty buffs are triggered when x23 procs a bleed on a bleed immune champion. On debuff immune, x23 will never proc a bleed so she will never get a cruelty buff.

Not true. What matters isn't the presence of the "immunity" node. What matters is whether or not the enemy is naturally immune to bleed.

If the champion is immune to bleed, X-23 will have an x% chance to gain a cruelty buff on landing a critical hit no matter which nodes are active, including immunity.

If the champion can bleed, X-23 will have an x% chance to place a bleed on them when landing a critical hit. However, if the node doesn't allow for bleeds to be placed (like immunity, bleed immunity, etc.), then those bleed debuffs will fail. In this instance, X-23 is NOT going to stack cruelty buffs.

My first post on this topic was referring exclusively to the Sentinels on this path as noted in the thread title. @Rakot_UofC is correct.
  • Options

Not true. What matters isn't the presence of the "immunity" node. What matters is whether or not the enemy is naturally immune to bleed.

If the champion is immune to bleed, X-23 will have an x% chance to gain a cruelty buff on landing a critical hit no matter which nodes are active, including immunity.

If the champion can bleed, X-23 will have an x% chance to place a bleed on them when landing a critical hit. However, if the node doesn't allow for bleeds to be placed (like immunity, bleed immunity, etc.), then those bleed debuffs will fail. In this instance, X-23 is NOT going to stack cruelty buffs.

My first post on this topic was referring exclusively to the Sentinels on this path as noted in the thread title. @Rakot_UofC is correct.

You can try for yourself. I have never had cruelty trigger on debuff lane for me.
  • Options

You can try for yourself. I have never had cruelty trigger on debuff lane for me.

Edit... actually scratch that lol. I have never fought a bleed imm on immunity path so I may be wrong.