**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★

Ipad2017 newest versions on both the device and the mcoc game app. Happens on data and WiFi. WiFi is at&t fiber premium package the highest strength/fastest it offers. Happens in all mods doesn’t really matter after 17.0 it’s judt been a decline rapidly.
    Description: anything that could go wrong usually does. Lag unresponsive controls. Ai is back to stuttering movement. Overall just terrible.

I hope this helps but I doubt it will. The problem isn’t my device I can literally run with about 5 apps going no lag mcoc almost every day after 17.0. Today I’m so slow that can’t tell if a parry is a parry or what could be maint could not be idk. The game just isn’t right and for a newer iPad it actually pisses me off I can’t even do my lab run atm with a recent device and that says something.

It’s not my device it’s called update your servers. Your player base is expanding your new stuff you added cr diminishing returns is clashing with the game I guarantee you that. Before the 12.0 the game rarely if ever had quirks after it’s been pretty bad no matter what the device is. I run iOS and I still feel it probably not as much but it’s there. Fix your game I love it when it works but when it doesn’t it’s not fair to the player the game is based on fighting completely so when the controls don’t work lag whatever bugs happen it costs us. So here’s to hoping one day you actually update your servers.

Update: I forgot to include a box constantly showing up in the background but I have no other apps running....it started at 17.0 very disapppointed in this game especially with a newer iPad. So I for sure know now it’s not my fault or my device or my high speed internet. Thanks kabam for not only calling me a liar on your support ticket. But making me fill this out.
  • Ragnarok_8855Ragnarok_8855 Posts: 12
    edited April 2018
    Ipod Touch 6
    Connection Wifi/Cellular
    Operating System: 11:3
    App Update Ver 17.2.0
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, EQ, Arena
    I just copied someone's issue from above because the exact thing is happening on my device
    My ipad at home works fine though
    Description of the Issue: ◦Most noticeable issue is that the battery drain is insane. In around 20 mins my fully charged battery is almost drained to 20 -15 percent
    ◦After spending around 5 mins into the game the device becomes very hot and there are a lot of frame rate drops
    ◦I have to keep restarting the game every 5-7 mins if I don't want to experience any lag or before important fights in Alliance events
    ◦Dashbacks when trying to parry sometimes and sometimes blocks are just broken
    ◦Champs stop attacking mid combo
    MOST NOTICABLE IS THE FRAME DROPS BECAUSE I'M EITHER HALFWAY DEAD OR ALL THE WAY DEAD BEFORE THE DISPLAY CATCHES UP TO REAL TIME GAME PLAY, IS THE CONTEST OVER? IS THE GAME DEAD? 3 YEARS I'VE BEEN PLAYING!!!
  • pmrjuliopmrjulio Posts: 1
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Cellular (Verizon)
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Story/AQ/AW/Arena
    Description of the Issue: overheating, lagging at the beginning of AW, AQ or story modes, missing parry and instead of dashing forward or back, punches (light punch). Hit multiple times button for sp3 to be fired.
  • Device and Model: IPhone 6
    Device Operating System:10.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: latest version
    Game Mode: can't log in for over a day!
    Description of the Issue: i cant log in. there is just a message that i can't connect to the network but i have connection to internet on my phone!!

please fix it!
  • ThorThor Posts: 14
    I was fighting uncollected nameless vision - and during the second light hit of a combo series, right after contact (when he definitely shouldn't be able to move) he activated S3 and onehitted me...very annoying.
    I tried it with 4 champs - and all of them at some point just stopped moving - and got hit...is this a new node called "gotta revive mate"?
    Device: iPhone 8
    Software: iOS and MCOC on newest update.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Date: 4/19/18
    Device and Model: IPhone 7
    WiFi: Spectrum 100+ MB/s
    Game Version: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest
    Description of Issue:
    - Alliance Quest = Significant lag against Tier 2 Debuff Immune Skill Sentinel (Node 43)

https://youtu.be/dkMTX1mZ5t4
  • Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85
    edited April 2018
    Ipad Air 2
    iOS 11.2.5
    WiFi
    Game version 17.2.0
    Game Mode: I have seen it in all modes (war, quests, AQ, and arena), most recently in AQ.
    Description: General lag and unresponsive champions. The general lag comes in all modes, usually 2-3 times per fight. The game will just glitch for a minute like it is paused and a few frames are skipped in the video (this is usually when the opponent decides to fire off a special, so even though I am blocking - I get hit :) This has been happening regularly for the last 6 months or so. It has been a lot worse recently though, especially today.

Also as far as unresponsive champs go, I seem to have a hard time dodging back, often when I am trying do dodge heavy attacks. It is especially bad against Hyperion for some reason -but happens against many different champs, when I play with a wide variety of champs. In AQ and arena the last couple of days, three times I have been hit by a sp3 against him and immediately afterward, Hyp goes for a heavy and no matter how much I try and swipe back, nothing happens, so I get pummeled by his heavy.
  • SarroySarroy Posts: 11

Device and Model: iPhone6s
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Can't log in
    Description of the Issue: Can't log in
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    thought I was the only one having this issue, lost 3 champs in war yesterday because of involuntary movements, im using an iphone 7plus 128 gig, T-Mobile Lite network running the current version of MCOC and also latest iPhone firmware , im so upset because I think my alliance is about to lose because of something I couldn't control.. when I tried to parry my champ throws an heavy, when I block I still get hit and its like I cant dash back, honestly ive played many mobile games this one by far has the most issues when it comes to controls and bugs yet every month there's an update and non of which is fixing the issues we are having.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Playing on a iphone 7plus 128 gig, T-Mobile network lite/ wifi latest firmware also running MCOC latest update what I notice is the harder the fights the more the game Lags and also the frames are a hot mess, ill do a block and throw an heavy, my champion will dash toward the opponent, it doesn't matter who I'm using or what Game Mode I'm in all the issues are the same I have a few videos of the lags I will post them later, I sent a ticket out to kaabam all they're telling me is to try and reinstall the game and close app, how about a solution to the issue ,18.0 comes out next week and I see nothing in the notes to fix these issues that's not only affecting me but other MCOC members, I bet if the issues where something that benefits the players like a unit store bug or crystal bugs where its always landing on a 5 or 4 star it would be fix immediately but because its an issue that don't benefit the players and we are force to use units Kabbam can take their time, sorry but t his is shameful that these issues been going on for months and nothing is being done just new in game content and milk the whale offers.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Device and Model: iPhone 5s
    Device Operating System: IOS 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFI only
    Game Mode: All modes of gameplay

A silly amount of lag overall. To the point where most fights I have to pause as it starts, give it about 20 seconds then resume and HOPE it stops. After about 10-15 mins, that's it, lag and frame drops and even if i'm directly in front of an AC with the wind directly on the phone, it gets hot.

I also saw another person say "Corvus Glaive's SP2 creates a full freeze" which is also true for me. I thought it was a one off thing but it happened about 80% of the time which was annoying.
  • Harles888Harles888 Posts: 4
    gatra_hp wrote: »

Game Version Installed: 17.2

Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: slow fps when fighting, overheating on my phone after few minutes, game slowing down.

Description of the Issue: slow fps when fighting, overheating on my phone after few minutes, game slowing down.

• Harles888Harles888 Posts: 4
    Device: iPhone 6
    Device operating system: iOS 11.3
    Game version installed: 17.2
    Game mode: all. The game will not connect
    Description of the issue: I cannot connect to the game with iOS. I can with my android device though.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    In addition to what I posted before, the longer I play Arenas, the more it lags. These are actual frame drops that cause the screen to stutter. Arena is easy enough for me to fight through this. In AQ or AW, this would get me destroyed.

The game has been lagging more again since the weekly maintenance. I don't know whether it is the maintenance or the game changes, like the latest event addition, but every time something changes, my gameplay changes, usually for the worse.

I am struggling right now on content that would normally be easier for me. I can't block and evade to deal with some of these crazy nodes in the monthly quest. It is making the game a miserable experience. You can't keep making the game more difficult without addressing our issues. I keep seeing these announcements for new content, and all I can think is "So what?" because the game is too buggy right now.

Honestly not trying to be rude, but what is it going to take to fix these problems? Gather this information doesn't seem to be helping. It is all the same information we have been posting for months now, and there is not even a slight improvement in our problems, at least not one that lasts.

• Device operating system: iOS 11.3
    Game version installed: 17.2
    Game mode: all. The game will not connect
    Description of the issue: I cannot connect to the game with iOS.
  • InfineosInfineos Posts: 126
    Device Operating system: IOS 11.3
    Device: Iphone 6
    Game version installed : 17.2
    Game Mode: all. I notice excessive heat after 10-15 minutes playing. The game became unplayable:my device became very hot, very laggy, slowing down and not responsive to the input.
    i try re-install and same issues still there.
  • Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    iPad Air 2
    iOS 11.3
    Wifi
    All modes but most often in AQ and AW.
    Fighting mechanics are horrible lately. Block fails 90% of the time (more often in AQ/AW). If block does work, often it will launch me forward into the AI’s attack even as I still hold to block. In AQ/AW, it is almost impossible to connect with a heavy attack as the AI will always immediately counter even if they are parried (stuned). It is as if the heavy attack triggers the AI to always attack before the heavy is landed. I have also noticed that even during fights, I can be hitting the AI and somehow they can throw up their block, evade or even attack you in the middle of your combo (no pause in hitting). AI seems to be able to throw up a block in the middle of special attacks more often than ever before. FInally, I have noticed that critical hits seem to be rare now especially in AQ. Where masteries messed with without our knowledge?? My 5* (duped) rank 4 SL was only doing 200-400 damage per hit during the AQ with only 2 critical hits the entire fight (42 hits total). Really?? I might as well be using my 3 star champs! PLEASE look into this! As I was fighting Mordo (miniboss) and normally every 2nd or 3rd attack is 1.5K or higher as a critical hit. I should have killed him sooner that 42 hits like I used to do. So something is not right as my masteries are set up for criticals.
    I am losing interest in this game because of constant issues like these.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    iPhone 6
    iOS 11.3
    Wifi and Cellular
    Game version 17.2.0
    Game Mode: any game mode where I have to fight a champion.

I am experiencing more lag and frame skips now than I ever have before in this game. It’s gotten to the point where I do my part in AQ, then attempt and event quest and pretty much just close the game after using around 10 energy. I can usually clear uncollected with a good deal of effort but i can’t clear the last mission or finish master difficulty or the event quest because of how bad the game falls in on itself every time I start a fight. This issue isn’t limited to any particilar champ or game mode. It’s universal and a problem. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it actually made the problem worse which makes me fear for new players. Additionally, sometimes the lag doesn’t entirely slow the game down, it just will freeze one or both characters (probably due to both the player and AI responses overloading the feedback registration or something technical like that) so the AI may freeze in the air during a special attack but the player still can move causing mistiming and instant death or the opposite where a player will dodge or block and instead have to watch their champ stand still and get punched in the face, usually also leading to instant death because of how beefed up the opponent is. Also, can you work on a higher difficulty for the elite players so every time I want to do the new uncollected event, it doesn’t have to be 3x harder than the previous one?
    iPhone 6
    iOS 11.3
    Wifi and Cellular
    Game version 17.2.0
    Game Mode: any game mode where I have to fight a champion.

I am experiencing more lag and frame skips now than I ever have before in this game. It’s gotten to the point where I do my part in AQ, then attempt and event quest and pretty much just close the game after using around 10 energy. I can usually clear uncollected with a good deal of effort but i can’t clear the last mission or finish master difficulty or the event quest because of how bad the game falls in on itself every time I start a fight. This issue isn’t limited to any particilar champ or game mode. It’s universal and a problem. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it actually made the problem worse which makes me fear for new players. Additionally, sometimes the lag doesn’t entirely slow the game down, it just will freeze one or both characters (probably due to both the player and AI responses overloading the feedback registration or something technical like that) so the AI may freeze in the air during a special attack but the player still can move causing mistiming and instant death or the opposite where a player will dodge or block and instead have to watch their champ stand still and get punched in the face, usually also leading to instant death because of how beefed up the opponent is. Also, can you work on a higher difficulty for the elite players so every time I want to do the new uncollected event, it doesn’t have to be 3x harder than the previous one?

Additionally, my arena stats screens will sometimes feature no information other than the champs faces or it’ll appear that the information has been blurred out or has overlaying repeated words and chat has been breaking on random intervals where I can see everyone’s comments except my own sometimes for up to an hour. And some champs special 2 will not connect after a medium combo ender. The opponent will block it 100% of the time (dr. Voodoo, superior iron man, black panther, still captain marvel, etc). And often if the opponent dashes towards you when you use Black Bolt’s sp1, they’ll either completely freeze or somehow ignore the special entirely.
  • Carlos1971Carlos1971 Posts: 8
    Device Operating system: IOS 11.3
    Device: iPad Air and Pro
    Cellular or WiFi: Both but primarily WiFi
    Game version installed : 17.2
    Game Mode: Every mode. Lag to a point that some fights start with a frozen screen for up to a second, which I now anticipate so hold block expecting to be hammered straight away. Blocking and parrying is intermittent and randomly my champs dash forward and evade on their own. This is causing excessive use of resources. I have deleted and installed the game to try to reduce the lag but it makes no difference. I also close all applications now to play just to get through AQ and AW. This current instability of the game platform and mechanics is just unacceptable. Fix it or risk losing a significant number of players who won’t tolerate this any longer.
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Device and Model: iPhone 6+
    Cellular or Wifi: Both (but I do have a general feel of less lag and better performance on Cellular)
    MCOC version: 17.2
    Game Mode: All areas where fight commence (EQ, Arena, AQ, War)
    Issue: All around lag and erratic performance slowdowns. Very long loading times too. Had this issue starting around late last year (~ Sept, Oct, Nov 2017). Along with this is the fast heat up of my phone (~10-20 minimum playing time before it is too hot and laggy. but it seems to be manageable when in an air conditioned room). Starting your late March update, battery drain while playing was very apparent. I can only last ~20-45min before needing a recharge depending on the battery when I started playing.
    The game is lagging even more now than it has been for the last month. Every screen is now crawling forward. It took me 5 minutes to open 15 crystals and 20 minutes to place 5 champs for war. I finished a mission in an event quest, I had 3 fights to finish. It took me about 15 minutes to do those 3 fights on master difficulty and each fight was about 4 frames a second and felt like it happened in slow motion. When I tried to view the AQ map to join, the game moved so slow that I just closed it and messaged my alliance to tell them I probably can’t be in this round of AQ or AW attack phase.
  • EzoOkamiEzoOkami Posts: 3
    Iphone 5s
    Ios 11.2
    Wifi and cellular.
    Game version 17.2
    Suffering from lag issues and battery draining/overheating in every aspect of the game. Lag issues started around october/november and it seems that it's getting worst every month.
    All champs are affected.
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
    iPhone 7 and iPad Pro
    Most up to date iOS 11.3 I think.
    I use wifi mostly but use cellular data at work. Issues are the same at work and home.

I experience horrible lag, usually when an enemy uses a special 1 or 2. It will often cause me to get hit if I evade.

This happens in arena, questing, AQ and all the time in AW. I can deal with it in AQ or questing but when it comes to AW, it is really a big hinderance.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Device and Model: iPhone 8plus
    Device Operating System:
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest & Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Frequent lag, unresponsive champs
This discussion has been closed.