**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iron Man & Superior Iron Man SP2 fixed in 18.0?

Both of their SP2 attacks are consistently blocked by the AI when triggered after a combo. Tried ending combo on medium or light attack and it didn't make a difference. The first part of the animation when he jumps up in the air allows the opponent to recover and then easily block the beam attack. Will this be fixed by the captain marvel patch in 18.0?

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Dont use the special after a 5 hit combo. 4 hits then special. worked every time for me.
  • Options
    Gonzawesome80Gonzawesome80 Posts: 62
    That’s great, but now your saying you get one less hit each time you want to activate a SP2.... making a weak character even weaker.... not a good solution
  • Options
    That's how I do all my specials due to differences in animations. It makes it uniform across all characters and guaranteed hits. mlllm unless I do special, If i use special, its mlll special
  • Options
    drkmttr50drkmttr50 Posts: 19
    Just tried it again after mlll and got parried
  • Options
    thats weird. gotta be reaction time or phone processing speed.
  • Options
    I'm not deluded enough to think I'm incredibly awesome at this game, but I know it's not my reaction time. I don't have this problem with ANY other champs besides CM. I'm on an iphone X so I'm pretty sure it's not the phone either
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    drkmttr50 wrote: »
    Both of their SP2 attacks are consistently blocked by the AI when triggered after a combo. Tried ending combo on medium or light attack and it didn't make a difference. The first part of the animation when he jumps up in the air allows the opponent to recover and then easily block the beam attack. Will this be fixed by the captain marvel patch in 18.0?

Reported a handful of times but ignored tonthis point. I feel for ya, but good luck getting this problem addressed
  • Options
    I'm not deluded enough to think I'm incredibly awesome at this game, but I know it's not my reaction time. I don't have this problem with ANY other champs besides CM. I'm on an iphone X so I'm pretty sure it's not the phone either

So Iron man, superior iron man, and captain marvel? CM I can understand at least, but I use SIM a lot and never see it. iphone 8 here
  • Options
    submitted a ticket to support, their response was to use parry
  • Options
    submitted a ticket to support, their response was to use parry

LOL. I'm sorry thats an awful response but hysterical that they think that fixes any problem.
  • Options
    CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★
    I hadn’t been experiencing this issue until 17.2, but now every time SIM comes up in arena I try to chain into his sp2 and it gets blocked/parried. I’ve used a MLLLM, MLLLL, and MLLL combos that can all lead to the same result. I’m playing on an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.3
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    The problem is the animation: the time he and Capt. Marvel jumps into the air gives the opponent way too much time to counter. I think that's easily solved if the Sp2 does a stun-hit first and then jumps into the air (similar to Sparkey's Sp1).

In general: a lot of characters are dead or under-performing because they have slow animations (Magneto's regular attacks, Rhulk's heavy attack, probably some more I can't think of right now). I've noticed that character speed affects performance way more than commonly believed. Animations are not just cosmetic!
  • Options
    I hadn’t been experiencing this issue until 17.2, but now every time SIM comes up in arena I try to chain into his sp2 and it gets blocked/parried. I’ve used a MLLLM, MLLLL, and MLLL combos that can all lead to the same result. I’m playing on an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.3

this is my exact experience
  • Options
    Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    same here. every time sp2 is blocked