**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

$600 5* vision Thoughts? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    @Deadbyrd9 do you run suicides? Just curious about his base stats.
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    $500 deal 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Deal? What deal? if u call $600 a deal for an unawakened Vision all I can do is roll my eyes. BTW i can more than afford it. Just waste of $ in my opinion.

That's why I called it an offer lol
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I just don’t see the value in this offer.
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    $500 deal 🤦🏻‍♂️

I agree. This is a horrible offer. I repeat; a horrible offer. Kabam should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Leo_ruLeo_ru Posts: 93
    Lol. You guys are so naive! Do you really think Kabam doesn't know this offer is not only expensive but a ripoff? They know it. And they do it because there are plenty of people to pay for it! There will always be!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,693 Guardian
    Wsm10 wrote: »
    How on earth can people justify spending $500 ON ONE PERSON IN A DIGITAL GAME?!? Think about that, say it to yourself a few times, and if it still sounds ok, then say it until it makes no sense. Because it doesn't. Completely unbelievable anyone would even consider this.

Arena grinders could be sitting on all 15k of units without having to spend anything on them. They'd just have to buy the initial Odin, which would give them units plus a free 4* Vision.

If you're spending $500 on units to then buy Vision, that's entirely your personal choice: people can spend their money on anything they want. But while I think the offer is a bit overpriced, instead of flipping out over it I'm just going to save all my units from now on until the offer comes around again, which of course it will. I'm not treating it like an overpriced offer. I'm treating it like an advance warning of how much units 5* Vision is going to cost some time in the future.

As with most things in this game, you can buy it with cash or in-game effort or some combination of both. But it is not exactly accurate to say Kabam is offering Vision for $500. They are offering him for 15,000 units which do not have to be purchased with cash, and the offer is behind a paywall where you have to buy $100 of units.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Worst part is it’s just recycled $500 garbage, not even something new just more recycled trash and at that price 🙄 wish the guys that buy this trash didn’t because maybe they offer something that isn’t insane for a change.

Edit $800 Canadian 🤢
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,693 Guardian
    Leo_ru wrote: »
    Lol. You guys are so naive! Do you really think Kabam doesn't know this offer is not only expensive but a ripoff? They know it. And they do it because there are plenty of people to pay for it! There will always be!

It is expensive if you spend cash. It is not expensive if you spend units you get for gameplay. As with all F2P games, patience is rewarded, impatience is taxed. I spend a ton of units to get the 4* Vision back in the day, and today anyone who wants one of those can get him for free with the purchase of the Odin unit pack. If you have patience, you can start saving units now for when 5* vision comes around again. When it comes around again you could get him for less money or no money, depending on how many units you can generate before then.

Kabam knows this. This is how they make money. They get the impatient people to spend, the patient people to spend less, and all of this subsidizes the free to play players that can play the game entirely for free. If you understand how it works, most of the time you can appreciate how the offers that seem absurd are actually subsidizing your game play by getting people with a lot of money and no patience to shoulder more of the revenue burden than you.
  • Options
    Itinho2107Itinho2107 Posts: 69
    Do you prefer the OG Vision for 15,000 units or make 100% of LOL and have the 5-star Ultron Prime, a lot of 5-star crystals, TCC4, alpha 2 and the honor of being able to have prestige over 6k
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Wsm10 wrote: »
    How on earth can people justify spending $500 ON ONE PERSON IN A DIGITAL GAME?!? Think about that, say it to yourself a few times, and if it still sounds ok, then say it until it makes no sense. Because it doesn't. Completely unbelievable anyone would even consider this.

Arena grinders could be sitting on all 15k of units without having to spend anything on them. They'd just have to buy the initial Odin, which would give them units plus a free 4* Vision.

If you're spending $500 on units to then buy Vision, that's entirely your personal choice: people can spend their money on anything they want. But while I think the offer is a bit overpriced, instead of flipping out over it I'm just going to save all my units from now on until the offer comes around again, which of course it will. I'm not treating it like an overpriced offer. I'm treating it like an advance warning of how much units 5* Vision is going to cost some time in the future.

As with most things in this game, you can buy it with cash or in-game effort or some combination of both. But it is not exactly accurate to say Kabam is offering Vision for $500. They are offering him for 15,000 units which do not have to be purchased with cash, and the offer is behind a paywall where you have to buy $100 of units.

For me I have enough ways to spent $500 in a night , and actually I have done that so many times but the pleasure I get in that expense. If I compare with vision in my roster, then my days are over 😂😂😂 and by mistake If i bought this offer then .... 😂😂😂😂 damn ... i don’t want to make this mistake not even in my dreams. Those who bought this offer.... damn you guys have big heart ...... you don’t know what you have missed 😂😂😂😂😂 the opportunity cost 😉
  • Options
    Leo_ruLeo_ru Posts: 93

• Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Hilarious, how it hasn't went viral as a meme over entire internet yet? The world needs to see that
  • Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Pay 2 win.
  • Options
    Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    Absolutely disgusting "deal" kabam.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No, before I awakened him I had suicides on though at rank 3 @DaMunk
    8xu8k3ptuac1.png

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    8xu8k3ptuac1.png

Everybody who has a 4* is jealous right now -- we all can guess what a pimped out 5-star Vision can do

• Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    MoiraD wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Leo_ru wrote: »

It is expensive if you spend cash. It is not expensive if you spend units you get for gameplay. As with all F2P games, patience is rewarded, impatience is taxed. I spend a ton of units to get the 4* Vision back in the day, and today anyone who wants one of those can get him for free with the purchase of the Odin unit pack. If you have patience, you can start saving units now for when 5* vision comes around again. When it comes around again you could get him for less money or no money, depending on how many units you can generate before then.

Kabam knows this. This is how they make money. They get the impatient people to spend, the patient people to spend less, and all of this subsidizes the free to play players that can play the game entirely for free. If you understand how it works, most of the time you can appreciate how the offers that seem absurd are actually subsidizing your game play by getting people with a lot of money and no patience to shoulder more of the revenue burden than you.

While all that you said is true, the attitude that is Kabam is still bad. They are literally giving with one hand and punishing with the other. Every part of this deal was a good idea, then someone figured out a way to make is just a bit worse and hurt the consumer.
    Look at my bullet points for examples. Just a mean company.

If the former parts of the offer (unit packs) were a good deal, why not just buy that and not buy the latter (5* Vision) offer? If they didn't include the 5* Vision portion of the deal, people here would be praising Kabam for finally releasing a decent offer. Because the unit packs are actually good value given how valuable those boosts are, plus 4* Vision with odin pack is excellent. The deal is a win-win for everyone except the people expecting 5* crystals to be paired with $5 unit packs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,262 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    No one is hurting anyone. People spend of their own volition. You may think it's worth it, you may think it's a rip-off. Whatever you feel is your right to feel it. However, the Offer is outlined in detail, so it's up to people to decide for themselves if they think it's worth buying or not. That's not a rip-off. That's making one's own decisions.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    8xu8k3ptuac1.png

Would you be kind enough to show base stats?
  • Options
    Davyb18Davyb18 Posts: 30
    End of the day are a business and need to make money but people bear in mind u don't own that 5* vision and kabam could decide to close mcoc tomorrow and never run it again then what do u have to show for your $600 ??
  • Options
    ZerovZerov Posts: 26
    Itinho2107 wrote: »
    Do you prefer the OG Vision for 15,000 units or make 100% of LOL and have the 5-star Ultron Prime, a lot of 5-star crystals, TCC4, alpha 2 and the honor of being able to have prestige over 6k

What if my prestige is already over 7,300 and I already finished LOL and Act 5? What if $500 is what I make in 2 hours?
  • Options
    AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    a Year ago, everybody hype about new 5*, and now all my 4* efforts are treated like 3*.
    A month ago, everybody hype about new 6*, so I see the routine and pattern and 5* will be treated like 4* or lower, so this is 5* vision is worthless to purchase in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.