We are currently experiencing an issue causing a delay in delivery of Summoner Advancement, the Alliance Quest event, and other 3-Day X-Men use event. We are working to resolve this, but it will likely take a few days. We will ensure that these rewards are delivered to affected Alliances. Please do not change Alliances until your rewards are delivered.

MODOK needs complete rework

As the title says. I know that not everyone is going to agree with me. In fact, I'll probably get flamed heavily for what I am about to say, but it needs to be said.

MODOK either needs to be removed from the game or he needs to be completely reworked from the ground up.

MODOK is completely OP. Every fight my Alliance has come up against in AW, there has been at least one or two of them in them. And, as more and more people get him, there will be more and more Alliances who will not care about team diversity (a stupid idea in and of itself) just so they can have an entire team of them to stymie teams.

Let me give you a typical MODOK fight with his current AI and the way he is built now: Constantly stay in block, spam heavies, hope to get 3rd or spam 1st and 2nds if on Unblockable nodes.

If, on the off chance that you are able to get his shield down, his AI will stay in block until it returns. This just drags a fight on and on of trying to constantly trying to keep his shield down in order to have the slim chance that you can kill him or being completely frustrated of hitting him once, watching him block until he gets it back, rinse and repeat until the timer runs out.

My personal opinion is that he needs removed from the Contest, but I would prefer a complete rework. Quite simply, the best thing you can do is remove his shield ability and give him something different to replace it. Either that or increase the timer so that it is a longer time before it can return.

His AI also needs changing. The constant heavy spam and blocking is a pain in the ass and drags a fight out longer than it honestly needs to be.

Something needs to be done, KABAM. MODOK is just a God tier character and if the trend continues, if you bring him into the 6* roster or even into the 7*s (if you make those years down the road), then this game will be completely unplayable.



Comments

  • He certainly needs a nerf. That auto-block of his is completely broken, and the only ones that say otherwise, are ones that have the right broken champ to beat him with. In fact, Im curious which specific broken, or op champ it is. I know it isn't DocOct, I have him, he's a beast, but MODOK's auto-block beats him.
  • Primmer79 wrote: »
    Insert the next few comments -

    He's not that hard
    Learn to fight him
    Git Gud.
    Blade, bruh
    Shut up
    They already fixed him

    Did I miss anything?

    You know that not alot of people have Blade. Especially if we're talking about the 4 & 5-Star versions(which, really, only people that are REALLY lucky, have. Because even spending money isn't enough). And if Blade really is the one that get past MODOK's broken auto-block, he's the ONLY one that can do it. While the rest of the roster can't. How is MODOK NOT overpowered, when only one character can take him on?
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 215
    edited April 2018
    It's not the character, just the mechanic of constantly holding block (like mordo). Besides that, modok isn't broken. If you don't have Blade, Crossbones deals with him pretty easily. Don't have those two? Karnak. Don't have those three? Elektra. Don't have those four? Black Widow (High Dupe). Don't have those five? Maybe even Falcon. Archangel also works. There's plenty of options to deal with him.
  • Riceman wrote: »
    It's not the character, just the mechanic of constantly holding block (like mordo). Besides that, modok isn't broken. If you don't have Blade, Crossbones deals with him pretty easily. Don't have those two? Karnak. Don't have those three? Elektra. Don't have those four? Black Widow (High Dupe). Don't have those five? Maybe even Falcon. Archangel also works. There's plenty of options to deal with him.

    ...and Gwenpool. And AV (not quite as effective, but still better than nothing). Haven’t tried Yondu against him. But there’s so many options, really.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,488 ★★★
    Blade with ghost rider synergy smokes him, but I agree he is broken, you can be comboing him and he drifts back and heavies or l1s while you are punching air, thought it was his forcefield but it happened in aw today using blade with the synergy and his force field had never popped up
  • DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Blade with ghost rider synergy smokes him, but I agree he is broken, you can be comboing him and he drifts back and heavies or l1s while you are punching air, thought it was his forcefield but it happened in aw today using blade with the synergy and his force field had never popped up

    His shield might have come up while you were mid punch and you knocked it back off without seeing it, but it still gave him time to do the rest. I've had the same thing happen, save it was a second that decimated my guy during a Master quest.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    He is easy to fight imo.....Not only with blade/gr synergy....I used iceman/sparky/sl....
  • DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Insert the next few comments -

    He's not that hard
    Learn to fight him
    Git Gud.
    Blade, bruh
    Shut up
    They already fixed him

    Did I miss anything?

    You know that not alot of people have Blade. Especially if we're talking about the 4 & 5-Star versions(which, really, only people that are REALLY lucky, have. Because even spending money isn't enough). And if Blade really is the one that get past MODOK's broken auto-block, he's the ONLY one that can do it. While the rest of the roster can't. How is MODOK NOT overpowered, when only one character can take him on?

    The only character that I effectively know who can really take him on as he is now is Karnak. His True Strike 1st ignores his shield and keeps it from popping back up. However, he's about the only effective character and even he has a slim chance against him and his constant blocking.

    Seeing as I don't have a 5* Karnak and I don't feel like ranking up my 4* version just to deal with one seriously overpowered character (seeing as 5*s are the new 4*s), I feel like something needs to be tweaked with him.

    As for Blade, I pretty much agree. You have to have been damn lucky or spent stupid amounts of money to try and get him. Considering I'm not a moron who is constantly going to blow my money on Odin chests in order to kiss Kabam's butt and be treated like a preferential player, I have to pray I get lucky and get him from 5* Crystals and even then, it might be years before I get him.

  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    only problem is .. he can use special attacks or dexterety while auto blocking
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,488 ★★★
    Not sure if I’m extremely lucky or spent odins to get blade, (f2p myself) was called saving 90k shards for 6 shots at the featured crystal, that was to give myself better than even odds, but yes compared to some who missed with that many I do count myself lucky, but as seems to be the theme here preparation and research is the key, I prefer to fight him than medusa, saying that I do think his drift back while comboing is unfair, knowing this buggy game his shield probably just wasn’t displaying when I fought him this morning with blade, it didn’t pop up once, but he was def drifting
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,790 ★★★★★
    Crossbones owns MODOK, Blade is not the only option
  • GamerGamer Posts: 6,159 ★★★★★
    Blade is NOT the only one but the esaste to use agings Homs
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 8,395 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Insert the next few comments -

    He's not that hard
    Learn to fight him
    Git Gud.
    Blade, bruh
    Shut up
    They already fixed him

    Did I miss anything?

    @Primmer79 you missed "spidermans sister"
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,790 ★★★★★
    DOA40 wrote: »
    My personal opinion is that he needs removed from the Contest, but I would prefer a complete rework. Quite simply, the best thing you can do is remove his shield ability and give him something different to replace it. Either that or increase the timer so that it is a longer time before it can return.

    @DOA40 Duels are your friend, when you fight MODOK keep an eye on his blue forcefield buff. MODOK's forcefield ability auto-blocks one hit and then recharges in 7 seconds. The trick is once you land a hit and use up MODOK's forcefield buff, stop and back up before continuing to attack, otherwise you'll get hit. I'm not sure about your in-game progression, but MODOK's forcefield buff work's exactly the same as Ultron OG's (Act 5 final boss) evade ability, unless it is countered by an attacker's ability reduction ability it will store a use every 7 seconds.

    The right attacker makes a difference as well. I take path 9 in AW, and I get excited each time I see MODOK on node 55 (debuff immune miniboss). I have 5* Crossbones at rank 4 and I have not given up a KO to a 5* rank 4 MODOK on node 55 in a long time because his style is predictable and Crossbones reduces his forcefield accuracy.

    Practice makes perfect, learning how to fight against different champions pays off in the long-run.
  • Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    Wow. Bro, bro, bro. It’s called bleed and plenty of champs have it. Especially a skilled champ who in fact doesn’t give MODOK any signature ability. I EASILY, EASILY, take him out with my Hawkeye. SP1 all the way. Causes him to bleed, power drains and did I mention he bleed and power drain.
  • GluteusMaximusGluteusMaximus Posts: 1,296 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Insert the next few comments -

    He's not that hard
    Learn to fight him
    Git Gud.
    Blade, bruh
    Shut up
    They already fixed him

    Did I miss anything?

    Sure, pay attention to the color his shield turns when you hit him and learn to count.
Sign In or Register to comment.