**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just wondering. Will new season of Alliance Wars address piloting

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    When you're implementing something that affects all Players, you need to take that into account. There's more than the Top Allies playing.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    I had suggested a way before. And it isn't IP based

Once you join AW, your device ID gets locked in with that ID and your Kabam Account Name.

If you login with another device and the same Kabam ID, that is fine (in case you get a new phone)

Once a a device ID gets attached to that Kabam Account Name, that same device ID shouldn't be able to login to another Kabam account (only for war and the individual war. it would reset every war)...

So there you go... The only issue is if someone has 30 devices and logs everyone, but that is highly unlikely. Most people will have 2-3 devices.

So there you go @Demonzfyre Need anymore smart answers?

What you sre suggesting is just short of a miracle. You want the entire player base to lock themselves into 1 device for 24 hrs. There are people that play across 2 or 3 devices. Theres also people who play multiple accounts. Are you saying no more multiple accounts and devices?
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    When you're implementing something that affects all Players, you need to take that into account. There's more than the Top Allies playing.

Implementing protocol to identify account sharing within the context of "piloting' would be able to distinguish between players accessing their own accounts from multiple devices from players accessing their alliance teammates' accounts from multiple devices. Companies that offer services through the internet have access to large amounts of information regarding people who use their services. I'm not sure what kind of sources you're basing your assumptions on, do you know people with work experience or education in areas such as cyber security?
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Why do people have colourful names for account sharing? Piloting, Merc-ing etc whats next?
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I’m in tier 2 and we have a guy with 2 accounts. We use his second account usually as a backup if we don’t find a replacement before aw starts. Don’t say it’s nonexistent when it’s not
  • Options
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Why do people have colourful names for account sharing? Piloting, Merc-ing etc whats next?

There's a single perfect answer to this question :D
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I’m in tier 2 and we have a guy with 2 accounts. We use his second account usually as a backup if we don’t find a replacement before aw starts. Don’t say it’s nonexistent when it’s not

Same.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

We're tier 3 and a few officers have backup accounts for the same reason. Main accounts are not the same thing as backup/spare accounts. Again, this is not the same thing as the OP's original topic, which is one alliance member playing multiple (10-20+) accounts during live AWs.
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    Personally, the easiest way to shut down most of the account sharing issues is to incorporate one of the several already existing thumbprint scan apps into the login process. To login to your account, you need to scan your thumbprint.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    There's no one piece of information you'd look at to confirm anything. You'd look at everything and make a decision after looking at everything only.

Are they on the same device? Are they in the a different county 5 mins after being somewhere else?

Is there a solution that will 100% block this from happening? IDK, but it is 100% possible to make this a lot harder for those who abuse this practice. There are ways of telling who is abusing this practice. It's better not to imagine how Kabam will solve this. What we need to know: is Kabam working on this at all?
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I had suggested a way before. And it isn't IP based

Once you join AW, your device ID gets locked in with that ID and your Kabam Account Name.

If you login with another device and the same Kabam ID, that is fine (in case you get a new phone)

Once a a device ID gets attached to that Kabam Account Name, that same device ID shouldn't be able to login to another Kabam account (only for war and the individual war. it would reset every war)...

So there you go... The only issue is if someone has 30 devices and logs everyone, but that is highly unlikely. Most people will have 2-3 devices.

So there you go @Demonzfyre Need anymore smart answers?

So co-workers and family members that might share a game device would be SOL this way. We a couple of father/son/wife using the same device playing.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Cujo999 wrote: »
    Personally, the easiest way to shut down most of the account sharing issues is to incorporate one of the several already existing thumbprint scan apps into the login process. To login to your account, you need to scan your thumbprint.

So my chrome pixel c or asus zenpad, will be instantly barred?
  • Options
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/383997#Comment_383997

Miike's comment on piloting/collusion. Thread is closed now so I cant quote it.
  • Options
    THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    piloting will occur where skill is a major factor combined with excellent awards.

I think a simple update to see if piloting is reduced is to remove (once again) defender kill points. The top finishers in AW Season 1 averaged single digit deaths across all 3 BG. And very common was less than 5 deaths per war.

In addition, there were also deals made for 2* wars once alliances figured out who their matched opponent was allowing for the stronger alliance to win, but also allowing the weaker alliance to 100% the map easily. Therefore, maximizing points and rewards for both teams.
  • Options
    THX135 wrote: »
    piloting will occur where skill is a major factor combined with excellent awards.

I think a simple update to see if piloting is reduced is to remove (once again) defender kill points. The top finishers in AW Season 1 averaged single digit deaths across all 3 BG. And very common was less than 5 deaths per war.

In addition, there were also deals made for 2* wars once alliances figured out who their matched opponent was allowing for the stronger alliance to win, but also allowing the weaker alliance to 100% the map easily. Therefore, maximizing points and rewards for both teams.

2* wars might be the reason that Kabam introduced points for champion rating in a previous version of AWs. At the time I thought points for champion ratings were unnecessary, turns out I was wrong.
  • Options
    THX135 wrote: »

2* wars might be the reason that Kabam introduced points for champion rating in a previous version of AWs. At the time I thought points for champion ratings were unnecessary, turns out I was wrong.

Would be nice to see 3* champs and below not grant as many points above like Plat 2 bracket. I've seen first hand alliance that did 2* wars still died to 2* champions. This goes to show just how necessary it is for these alliance to pilot to win.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Riegel wrote: »
    Would be nice to see 3* champs and below not grant as many points above like Plat 2 bracket. I've seen first hand alliance that did 2* wars still died to 2* champions. This goes to show just how necessary it is for these alliance to pilot to win.

That's an idea. MCOC game developers might need get creative to prevent alliances from colluding with each other because alliances shouldn't be given a points advantage for having more 5*/6* champions to place as AW defenders, or 4* champions for lower tiers. Maybe something like flat points values for champions at certain ranks would help prevent top AW tier alliances from arranging 2* AWs:

6*/5* r3-5/4* r5 defenders = X amount of points
    5* r 1-2/4* r3-4 defenders = Y amount of points
    4* r1-2/1-3* defenders = Z amount of points

Just a suggestion. A good solution would deter alliances from placing weak defenders to maximize points for the losing alliance instead of awarding points bonuses to alliances who have deeper rosters.

• Options
    IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Not for nothing, kabam can't even address the bugs that are currently running rampant, and you want them to try and fix this first? It'll just create more bugs lol.
This discussion has been closed.