**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Chaos Rifts

Comments

• rockstar323rockstar323 Posts: 57
    Why do they say the rifts close on the 25th April when in game it says 18 days left?

@Kabam Miike can we get clarification on when the rifts will end?
  • Witbaas1Witbaas1 Posts: 1
    Let the games begin
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    Why do they say the rifts close on the 25th April when in game it says 18 days left?

@Kabam Miike can we get clarification on when the rifts will end?

First post

" May 2nd at 10:00 AM PDT (end date updated by moderator on April 16)"
  • Hey, just wanted to confirm for everyone that the Chaos Rifts will stay around until May 2nd at 10:00 AM PDT.
  • Sjr38Sjr38 Posts: 16
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    NIFTY RIFTIES!

Not seen since the instability of the early tremors preceding the Elder’s War, Rifts have returned as a result of the chaos created with the scattering of the Infinity Stones! Laden with valuable prizes, Chaos Rifts require Chaos Crystal Shards to keep their entrance stable, and only remain open for 1 hour! Chaos Crystal Shards are strewn all over the Battlerealm, and it’s up to YOU to find and use as many as they can before they disappear once more!

Chaos rifts will be available from March 26th at 10:00 AM PDT until May 2nd at 10:00 AM PDT (end date updated by moderator on April 16). You will need to be on our forthcoming build to see and participate in them.

For those of you who have no idea what a Rift is, or even if you do, below is a run-down of how they work.

WHAT ARE CHAOS RIFTS?

Chaos Rifts are quests that have ENTRY COSTS. That means you won’t be able to enter them until you collect 10,000 CHAOS CRYSTAL SHARDS and spend them to enter. Like previous Dimensional Rifts, there are 4 tiers of Rifts, and 4 corresponding tiers of Chaos Crystal Shards. This means you’ll need to collect 10,000 Tier 1 Chaos Crystal Shards to open a Beginner Rift, 10,000 Tier 2 Chaos Crystal Shards to open a Normal Rift, and so on.

Once you spend your Chaos Crystal Shards to enter the Rift, you’ll have 1 hour to collect your prize and defeat the final boss, but it’s not so simple! The path you’ll be sent to is determined by a RANDOM PORTAL, so you won’t know what prize you’ll receive until you enter! Rifts of different tiers contain different rarities of prizes, with the highest tier containing a FULL TIER 2 ALPHA CATALYST and a 5-STAR CLASS AWAKENING GEM.

So, that’s the gist of it. Collect Chaos Crystal Shards of Different Tiers, and use them to open Chaos Rifts of the corresponding tier, then claim cool prizes. Here’s a handy breakdown of some key info:

BEGINNER: 10,000 TIER 1 Chaos Crystal Shards - 2 Energy per step - (24 energy per play)
    NORMAL: 10,000 TIER 2 Chaos Crystal Shards - 3 Energy per step - (36 energy per play)
    HEROIC: 10,000 TIER 3 Chaos Crystal Shards - 4 Energy per step - (48 energy per play)
    MASTER: 10,000 TIER 4 Chaos Crystal Shards - 5 Energy per step - (60 energy per play)

HOW DO I GET CHAOS CRYSTAL SHARDS?

There’s 3 places you can collect Chaos Crystal Shards: Solo and Alliance Events, as well as the monthly Event Quest. Additionally, Lower Tiers of Chaos Rift provide 5,000 Chaos Crystal Shards for the next tier up, which means every time you complete 2 of a certain tier of Chaos Rift, you’ll get 1 entry into the next tier up! In the case of the Tier 4 (Master Difficulty) Chaos Rift, it will instead award 500 5-Star Crystal Shards.

You’ll be able to earn 2,000 Chaos Crystal Shards from completing an Event Quest difficulty, and another 8,000 from full Exploring the same Event Quest Difficulty.

UPDATE: 3/22/2018 @ 12:30PM PDT

Some more context on where to get Chaos Crystal Shards:

- Chaos Crystal Shards will be available from NEXT month's Event Quest, not this month's. The Event Quest is launching shortly after Chaos Rifts, however.
    - The Event Quest's Uncollected Difficulty will award the same amount of Tier 4 Chaos Crystal Shards as Master Difficulty.

- Solo Events awarding Chaos Crystal Shards begin on MONDAY MARCH 26th (PDT) alongside the Rifts.

- Alliance Events that contain Chaos Crystal Shards are the 3-Day Events, the first of which will arrive on WEDNESDAY MARCH 28th (PDT)

- A welcome message will arrive in your inbox on MONDAY MARCH 26th (PDT) containing 10,000 Tier 1 Chaos Crystal Shards.

- There will ALSO be a login calendar running that awards Chaos Crystal Shards that begins on MONDAY MARCH 26th.

HOW MUCH ENERGY DOES THIS COST?

Chaos Rifts, like their predecessors Dimensional Rifts, cost 2-5 Energy per step, depending on difficulty:

BEGINNER: - 2 Energy per step - (24 energy per play)
    NORMAL: - 3 Energy per step - (36 energy per play)
    HEROIC: - 4 Energy per step - (48 energy per play)
    MASTER: - 5 Energy per step - (60 energy per play)

HOW HARD ARE THE QUESTS?

You’ll face off against 5 Enemies in Chaos Rifts, all of whom are randomized from a select pool. Their difficulty is roughly equivalent to the corresponding Event Quest Difficulty. As a rule, if you can beat a certain difficulty of the Event Quest, you should have no issues completing a Chaos Rift of the same difficulty. Here’s a quick breakdown of what Buffs are present in each difficulty of Rift (note that unless a Buff is marked as Global, it only applies to the final Boss):

w8nn6etjxf9d.png

WHAT IF I FAIL THE QUEST?

Just to be SUPER clear: QUITTING OR NOT COMPLETING THE QUEST WITHIN THE 1 HOUR TIME LIMIT WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF BOTH THE CRYSTAL SHARDS USED TO ENTER THE QUEST AS WELL AS ANY REWARDS EARNED INSIDE THE QUEST.

WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO DO THE QUEST?

Great Question! We know that even if you’re unable to beat a certain Event Quest Difficulty, you may end up with enough Chaos Crystal Shards to open a Chaos Rift. If you’re not so keen on doing that, though, you can always use those Shards to Open a CHAOS CRYSTAL.

Chaos Crystals award SOME of the prizes a Chaos Rift of the same tier does, but not all, and they ALSO only award 2,500 Chaos Crystal Shards for the next Tier up as opposed to the 5,000 up for grabs in a Chaos Rift Quest.

If you are able to complete a Chaos Rift, it is ALWAYS better to play a Chaos Rift instead of opening a Chaos Crystal.

Chaos Crystals will not be available until April 9th.

WHAT ARE THE REWARDS?

Glad you asked! Below is a breakdown of what the potential rewards are for both Rifts AND Crystals, as well as the drop rates for both. Since Chaos Rifts are essentially crystals you play, it was important for us to let you know what your odds of receiving a certain prize would be.

RIFTS

n99kralexzyi.png

nsn9cd6a6j7d.png

dc8ncs9ma5qs.png

w8y9bazifrtf.png

CRYSTALS

xz7hijpso5er.png

l8zeys35cgyq.png

ugnhgfr3792l.png

s350y71dn56s.png

I have done the painstaking tedious task of 100% normal, heroic, master and uncollected. Done all rifts 4 times, I currently have 5k for master chaos rifts, is there any other way to get another 5k master chaos shards? I want to try my bad luck at a 5th attempt..
  • KaanG95KaanG95 Posts: 74
    Hi everybody. I have a question that i couldn't find the answer here. What will happen to the remaning shards that is lower than 10.000 . Will they be converted to gold like in the valor event.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Shouldn't we have gotten 1000 rift shards today? I looked at the calendar before the rollover and it appeared we would. Now, despite not missing a day, I've been left with 9000 fragments and it has delayed me being able to do normal, heroic and master rifts.
  • AlkopalkoAlkopalko Posts: 22
    Like the post above im curious to why im stuck at 9k shards when it should be 10k. There is no other way for me to recieve the last 1k shards?
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    When do the 3 day and solo events stop giving out shards?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I really like the inclusion of these events but the one thing I'm always worried about is being so burnt out after. The Thor Ragnarok event was extremely time consuming and left me needing a vacation. I hope these are more spread out and they don't require energy or else this is going to be a very labor intensive month for this game.

I'm excited but still think players need more balance with events at times.
  • StrifeStrife Posts: 1
    How does one go about getting green shards... I got the ones done on the event quest... but yesterday’s free gift that gave out 1k of them I didn’t get... I’m 1k away and I need to get them bc I have 5k in every other one
  • Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    So what happens to the shards we cannot use? The crystal and the rift cost the same amount... So if we dont have 10k of any type of shard do they just disappear?
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    Completed my fourth rift yesterday. I’ve been lucky enough to pull 2 5* crystals but from both of them I pulled Kamala Khan.

I’ve tried to remain positive and told myself that at least I’m getting the dupe rewards but it’s still bittersweet.
  • Is anyone else stuck on 9k Tier 1 shards with no way to get the last 1000?
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    I really like the inclusion of these events but the one thing I'm always worried about is being so burnt out after. The Thor Ragnarok event was extremely time consuming and left me needing a vacation. I hope these are more spread out and they don't require energy or else this is going to be a very labor intensive month for this game.

I'm excited but still think players need more balance with events at times.

Fat chance, only thing energy free is the dungeon rest is energy usage, they are obsessed with releasing side contents with energy especially seeing trials are limit by 24 hrs for each day of trial so why the energy usage then
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    What happens to the left over shards at the end of the event? Tier 1-4 etc...
  • StainsStains Posts: 26
    I, like many others above who have posted, are stuck on 9000 / 10,000 k shards for beginner with no foreseeable way of getting the last 1000. Is this an error Kabam? An extra 1000k shards on the calendar would fix the problem! Help please!
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 240 ★★★
    This round of rifts are the worst I've seen. Both for collecting shards and the rewards from completion.
  • gift me unit's ;(
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Bosley wrote: »
    This round of rifts are the worst I've seen. Both for collecting shards and the rewards from completion.

Everything about these rifts is the same as the two previous incarnations, save for the energy it takes to complete the EQ for the rift shards, and the added difficulty of EQ allowing for an extra run through the Master level. The main difference this time around is that your account is 1 year older and stronger, so the rewards seem less impressive than last time around.
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    Hi, when do solo events stop giving out shards? No date has been mentioned in your original post.
  • KaanG95KaanG95 Posts: 74
    edited April 2018
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just to clarify some confusion (I will also add this to the original post):

- Chaos Crystal Shards will be available from NEXT month's Event Quest, not this month's. The Event Quest is launching shortly after Chaos Rifts, however.

- Solo Events awarding Chaos Crystal Shards begin on MONDAY MARCH 26th (PDT) alongside the Rifts.

- Alliance Events that contain Chaos Crystal Shards are the 3-Day Events, the first of which will arrive on WEDNESDAY MARCH 28th (PDT)

- A welcome message will arrive in your inbox on MONDAY MARCH 26th (PDT) containing 10,000 Tier 1 Chaos Crystal Shards.

- There will ALSO be a login calendar running that awards Chaos Crystal Shards that begins on MONDAY MARCH 26th.

Hopefully that clears some things up!

Look at the sentence that in bold and italic
  • StainsStains Posts: 26
    Yay, 1000 shards inbox today. Problem solved! Thanks!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam Miike do we have an end date for Chaos Shards available in alliance and solo events? Will Completion today have Chaos Shards? Or will they only be available in Solo Events?

Alternatively, will there be an opportunity to "top off" Chaos Rift Shards in the next day or so? Many of us are sitting a few hundred shards away from another pass through all or most of the rifts and, while dungeons are all the rage these days, it would be nice to keep being able to finish the last event completely before we put Chaos Rifts to bed for good.

Thanks!

Dr. Zola
    edited April 2018
    When do the 3 day and solo events stop giving out shards?

Not trying to bump this thread, but it looks like @superunknown012 asked the same question I am asking 6 days ago. Are the mods done with answering questions about Rifts? You know, the crystals do still have 7 days left on them and the rifts themselves have 2 remaining.

A little help please...if this has been answered, you can just point me to the post.

Thank you.

Dr. Zola
    And I have part of my answer...rift shards removed from Completion rewards. We get a single L2 dungeon revive in the Completion prizes.

It was too much to keep the smattering of rift shards in for anyone who needs them over the last two days of the rift event? If you’re going to flood the game with content, at least ride it out until it’s all done.

Dr. Zola

• tjgigglestjgiggles Posts: 42
    Really hoping they give us an offer for a few last minute shards for units. I had everything budgeted to get one last master rift in, but was expecting Kabam to give shards through the Arena 3 day event. I heard they did last time rifts were a thing, Kabam any word on this?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Definitely interested in an answer about shard offers, as I will be a few short of another run from Normal through Master, coming up a bit sort from fewer shards in events.
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Definitely interested in an answer about shard offers, as I will be a few short of another run from Normal through Master, coming up a bit sort from fewer shards in events.

@Amonthir I'm currently 25 T2 shards short of a full run, only because of painful grinding low yield events like Science Combat and Event Quest Completion. But at this point I'm questioning my sanity: my rift runs have been famously bad. Why do I want to put myself through them one more time? :D

Dr. Zola