Summoners, the Necrosword Crystals (the crystals in the Knull Cavalier Preview Bundle) currently have a higher than intended drop rate of 6-Star Champions.

We will be leaving the crystals as is for the time being, but will be correcting the drop rates before Knull receives his official release on October 28th. To ensure that this does not affect anybody that purchased this preview bundle, we will be auto-opening these crystals before that date, but this means you will not see what you received. To avoid any confusion, please open your crystals yourself ASAP.

All uncollected accounts should qualify for Highest Experience Bracket.

Anyone with half a brain knows that prestige has no bearing on "experience". Correct this logical error immediately please, and maybe we'll pretend it didn't happen.

Comments

  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 784 ★★★
    Agreed, mi compadre. Makes no sense...account level or maybe age? But not prestige.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,403 ★★★★★
    Well, technically speaking, it does have a bearing on experience. Considering the amount of time and effort it takes to earn Resources and Rank enough Champs to qualify.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Agreed, if you have the skills to beat the collector then you deserve to have access to the higher level stuff
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 6,148 ★★★★★
    It should have been done on number of 5*, if a new player doesn’t need 5* then it’ll be shown by the fact they have none. If someone has over (for example, I don’t know what the best number would be) 7 5* then they should be eligible to buy more.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,403 ★★★★★
    They don't offer that many deals that it can be done that easily. It's an average of your top 5 Champs without Masteries. That doesn't come just from logging in and buying Items. Yes, you can use money. Uncollected could be bought as well. Just spend on Revs. There was a cutoff. There's always going to be someone who didn't make it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,403 ★★★★★
    Should be way beyond it....because of beating 5.2? I'm sorry, but I disagree. Prestige and Rating are indicators of progression.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,461 ★★★★
    Well his is a solution to people complaining about time if they don’t have to get as many points as me to hit all the milestones
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,295 Guardian
    Fireatwill wrote: »
    Anyone with half a brain knows that prestige has no bearing on "experience". Correct this logical error immediately please, and maybe we'll pretend it didn't happen.

    Fair enough. However, being uncollected has no bearing on experience either, so you are suggesting an equally nonsensical change.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 855 ★★★
    turns out a class struggle is a political struggle after all - thanks, Karl!
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 81
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    supposedly the cutoff has the purpose of preventing new players from reaching the 5* crystal, and yet the cutoff is also stopping players that are very obviously endgame players.
    the cutoff is there to prevent 5* crystals to fall in the hands of players that aren't ready for them, and yet, the cutoff si also preventing players that already have 5* and even 6* champs

    Kabam is being their usual eloquent selves, but it is common for MMOs to gate this kind of reward based on the existing strength of the player's resources, which in our case is our roster. There is no perfect judge of roster, but prestige is a reasonable metric for gating higher strength roster components relative to the existing strength of the player's roster. It generally has nothing to do with whether a player is "ready" for those rewards because that's an impossible to judge metric.

    You're seeing this as a case where if a player has already achieved the goal of gaining some 5* champions then by definition they are ready to earn more in an event like this. And that would be true, if that was the logic behind the gating. But the expressed logic is, frankly, Kabam-sensical as it often is. The actual reason for a game designer doing this is generally so that the reward strength relative to the existing strength is not higher than a certain (sometimes qualitative amount). To vastly oversimplify, if a player has one 5* champion, then giving them the opportunity to earn another one in this event is giving them the opportunity to double they 5* roster, which is a huge relative reward. On the other hand, giving that opportunity to someone with twenty 5* champions is a proportionately less valuable reward. The prestige gate is there to very roughly ensure the relative value of the reward doesn't exceed some value.

    I don't think the majority of players disagree with the fundamental concept of gating, but the criteria they are using is absurd, which is why there is such an outcry. I just made the uncollected suggestion because it's a common current gating system system in the game. The point is there are 100 better ways to determine account "experience" than an average of the meaningless random number they gave each hero... Use your heads.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,270 ★★★
    Really funny to see people stand by kabams choice when it totally doesn't make sense.
    Milestones should not have any cutoff
    Let people grind as much as they want and get their hard earned rewards. Those that have the 7.5k milestone are getting more infinity dust and DA in the long run so where's the balance there? When a majority of the player base can hit that milestone?
    Prestige already determines the tier of crystal to be available for purchase. It should have no bearing over milestones.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,364 ★★★★
    No solo player would rank based on prestige, no one in lower tier alliances would rank or be told to rank based on it yet both groups are quite capable of building decent rosters and finishing the hardest content in the game.

    For an event that was marketed at NOT requiring you to play with your alliance and as something that would allow solo players to be involved it makes no sense to base the rewards on a metric that is only of use in one part of the game that isn't this event.

    Having said that, someone has to be disappointed and no one will agree on a method anyway

  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Who are u to say yhat? I say all 100% act 5 beaters should get the highest milestone
  • Based on line chats and community sourced data, the top cutoff for the 7500 dust milestone is approximately 5500 prestige. Realistically, in order to hit that, you're looking at two duped 4/55's and some really decent prestige 4*'s.

    Two other tidbits that have been garnered (based on reddit responses) - if you pass 5500 prestige one day, the next day, you'll have access to the higher milestone for dust.

    While it is true that there are plenty of accounts with 4* 5/50's that have become Uncollected (that are usually around 4600-4800 prestige), Kabam has to pick some sort of delineating line. Whether or not this was the right one is a matter of opinion.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Why do ppl associate prestige higher than 5500 w/ spenders or whales?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    Who are u to say yhat? I say all 100% act 5 beaters should get the highest milestone

    Most if not all players who’ve completed Act 5 100% have a r5 5* champion and other r4 5* champions. Act 5’s exploration rewards combined with Act 4’s exploration rewards provide the bottleneck resources (T2AC, T4CC) to take one 5* champion from r3 to r4 and one 5* champion from r4 to r5. The T4CC rewards are random and both Acts can be explored with max 4*s but Act 5 has been out for close to 5 months.

    5 months is plenty of time to obtain the remaining resources (T4BC, T1AC, T4CC, T4CC shards) required to r4 and r5 5* champions from AQ. Different players will suggest different types of justification for why a prestige of 5,500 is an unreasonable cutoff to obtain more milestones. I’m only addressing this one because I think it’s valid, and will add that I can’t think of any players in my alliance or on my friends list who have explored Act 5 and currently have a prestige lower than 5,500.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Totally agree this this thought. I am uncollected and I did it with "lesser" champs. My prestige is only 3.9k. I don't even qualify for the 5* crystal....
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,270 ★★★
    Totally agree this this thought. I am uncollected and I did it with "lesser" champs. My prestige is only 3.9k. I don't even qualify for the 5* crystal....

    I think 4k prestige was the cutoff for that
    You can still make it
  • What if they say NO.
    i mean technically they already have. You’ve all seen the dumb responses from them, they could care less about us. just give up... #boycottkabampart2
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 922 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    supposedly the cutoff has the purpose of preventing new players from reaching the 5* crystal, and yet the cutoff is also stopping players that are very obviously endgame players.
    Lmao endgame player with less than 5500 prestige
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    ROL is not endgame content. ROL AI doesn’t parry or evade attacks with dexterity and doesn’t use sp3. 2* Star Lord and 2* Guillotine and some patience is all you need to clear ROL, Act 5.1 and master event quests require more skill.
Sign In or Register to comment.