**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Dungeons Kingpin Broken?

Let me start off by saying I love dungeons, the concept and the node variety is awesome. I especially like nodes such as slumber, which stuns the enemy for a good twenty seconds before they awake with +1000% attack. The node is so much fun as you’ve got to defeat the enemy in the set amount of time before the awake, or you’re finished. However today I went up against a Kingpin who had an Unblockable SP2 and slumber node on him. Naturally I asked my partner to take out the Unblockable node as his SP2 is a nightmare to dexterity. It started off normal, Kingpin got one hit into my block at the start before going into this long stun. I’m hitting and hitting him, trying to get his health down abd there’s a good 15 seconds left before he awakes, then all of a sudden he negates the stun with his Rage and K.O’s me with three hits into my block. It defeats the entire purpose of the node is he gets the benefits without the downside. Is it just me or is this unfair? Should Kabam fix it or should or should I just suck it up and face the Unblockable SP?

Comments

• SperaSpera Posts: 152
    If you're applying debuffs to him then I think he can shrug everything off including the first stun that he didn't shrug ,could be wrong
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    His sp2 evade first hit and block the rest
    Or doesn't that apply?
  • Loken4000Loken4000 Posts: 83
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    His sp2 evade first hit and block the rest
    Or doesn't that apply?

Nah the hits come in quick succession, you don’t have time to block
    The AI will shrug off stun after the icon appears so it can hit you mid combo or parry stun you. Since it works against players don't expect it to ever change.

What champion do you think would be best against him? My Archangel was the one who got demolished. Maybe if he was awakened Kingpin would loose all ability accuracy and be unable to do trigger Rage.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Rogue,can heal and power control comes in handy
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    It's how he's supposed to work, so no bug. It sucks, but all I can say is "bait his S1"
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    You can fully evade his sp2
    I’ve tried, it’s really hard. Maybe it’s possible I don’t know, but it seems to me that the hits come in too quickly.
    Loken4000 wrote: »
    I’ve tried, it’s really hard. Maybe it’s possible I don’t know, but it seems to me that the hits come in too quickly.

So bait his S1. I've fought him at least 8 times today (probably 11 or 12 times), he only got his S2 once and I pushed him to S3 right away (playing with Iceman) so I didn't have to deal with his S2 at all.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    That 15 second stun is just like any other stun just with a longer timer. It can be shrugged off. I’ve seen that node paired with stun immune in dungeon 6 so the champ would just immediately start off with the attack bonus. Think about how a champs ability would interact with the node. You would have seen the same thing if it was agent venom
  • EdNortonEdNorton Posts: 10
    He shrugs off debuffs, that’s what he does. How does him shrugging off a debuff make him broken?
  • LaylicLaylic Posts: 88
    We’re you placing debuffs on him? Cause if he ever gets to a total of 8 rage/debuffs at any one time, he’ll convert all of them to his overpower buff.
  • Since Kingpin has a 50% chance of converting a debuff into a Rage, it would be possible for him to convert the Stun into a Rage as well. Additionally, once his combined number of Rages and debuffs equals 8, he will convert them all into an Overpower buff. A Champion that places multiple debuffs on him in quick succession, like Archangel, could push him to that 8 Rage/debuff threshold faster, which could lead to him converting his Stun faster as well. Just something to keep in mind if you run up against this Champion/node combo again.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Jestress wrote: »
    I've fought against KP with the slumber node active a couple times in the dungeons now, and he definitely shrugs it off instantly.

I came across a crossbones who shrugged it off at the start of the fight.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Bp civil war reflected slumber as well that sucked
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Kingpin, crossbones and agent venom. I think rogue would be done in about 5 seconds instead of 15 secs.

Will mordo use astral evade when stunned this way?
    Kingpin, crossbones and agent venom. I think rogue would be done in about 5 seconds instead of 15 secs.

I would only risk it with Drax, X23, Elektra or Iceman.
    Actually, apart from Oceman all of those do remove hiw stun. I would only try it with Iceman.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    The AI will shrug off stun after the icon appears so it can hit you mid combo or parry stun you. Since it works against players don't expect it to ever change.

What champion do you think would be best against him? My Archangel was the one who got demolished. Maybe if he was awakened Kingpin would loose all ability accuracy and be unable to do trigger Rage.

AA is not good against kingpin because Kingpin will just eat about half of those debuffs and turn them into rage.

That being said, you can practically use any champ to take out Kingpin (even AA). You just keep baiting his SP1 and countering. If Kingpin is awakened, it will take only 2 5-hit combo to take him to 1 bar of power, then you bait again.

And if you do push him to his SP2, that is still baitable. There's actually a gap between his SP2's melee and his SP2's laser attack. 5 duels against a Kingpin should be more than enough for you to learn to evade his SP2.

Since the (cheating) AI will give itself a 99% chance to get beneficial effects he'd just convert bleed/poison to rage before it could build to neurotoxin. I'd treat it like cwbp or mordo and not attack him when stunned.

Or treat him like Crossbones - parry stun, then wait. If after half a second he's still stun, attack. If he converts to rage, back off :smile:
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Or just remove that slumber node
    I don't think anything good will come out of it
    15 seconds stun isn't enough to actually kill the opponent and that 1000% increase is just gonna be a dangerous node to deal with. I prefer bane to it

I've killed many defenders that have slumber. As long as the PI gap between me and defender is not ridiculous, I'd choose slumber. 15 seconds is a really long time.
  • EddiefilEddiefil Posts: 11
    Best strat imo is use a champ that doesnt cause too many or any debuffs (besides stun from parry), and when you parry just hold the block for a little longer to make sure he doesnt shrug it off (if he does just parry again until it sticks)

never push him to SP2 his SP1 is very easy to evade,
    Eddiefil wrote: »
    Best strat imo is use a champ that doesnt cause too many or any debuffs (besides stun from parry), and when you parry just hold the block for a little longer to make sure he doesnt shrug it off (if he does just parry again until it sticks)

never push him to SP2 his SP1 is very easy to evade,

Cheers, I’ll try that
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

YES found this out the hard way. Warning he will astral evade and it’s over wait out the stun and guess what it’s still over lol 😂
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018

Like Zibiit said, Kingpin isn't broken: he's doing exactly what he's supposed to do.

Archangel is a bad choice to fight Kingpin at the best of times; despite class advantage, as AA attacks too many debuffs too quickly. Get any eight debuffs on him without converting to passive Neurotoxins, and he'll shrug the lot off, gain a massive Fury boost, and kick you where it hurts. Add +1000% Attack from a Slumber node on top of that; and it must have been a pretty one-sided fight!

The same is true (to varying degrees) for Crossbones, Agent Venom and King Groot.

Rogue would be a Slumber node opponent to avoid, too; as she reduces debuff duration by 70%...