Trial of Nightmare - 5* Sig Stone Crystal Drop Rates

Getinthehole33Getinthehole33 Member Posts: 17
Kabam has stated that the 5* sig stone drop rate for the Trial of Nightmare Event is 50% chance. So far, I have received 0 5* sig stones from completing the map. During the last event with the same 50% chance, I received the 5* sig stone crystal less than 10% of the time. While this is statistically possible, it is highly improbable and I believe Kabam is inflating their percentages again. Has anyone else experienced this issue with the 5* sig stone crystal chance in these events? I submitted multiple tickets, received no help, and support refuses to look into the issue.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I wouldn’t say it’s highly improbable. Based on statistics and assuming a bell curve around 50% then there will be people that barely get any 5* sig stones and some people will get them almost every time
  • Getinthehole33Getinthehole33 Member Posts: 17
    So what has your drop rate experience been? And like I said, it is statistically possible for this to happen, but highly improbable to have it happen to the same person in two separate events.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I don’t want to jinx it, but so far the drop rates with the 5* sig stone crystal have really been in my favor.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I’ve gotten 1. Last time they dropped about 60% of the time for me
  • Getinthehole33Getinthehole33 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the input so far everybody. I’d love to hear from more people on what their drop rates have been for this.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I got it once in 5 runs I believe. Remember it’s like crystals. The more you do it, doesntmean it will be 50%. It’s just 50% for that time. I wish it worked like true probability where if you open 100 crystals you are guaranteed 4 4 stars or so on.

The last one we did I think I got it around 40-50% of the time. It’s just about algorithms and luck
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Member Posts: 804 ★★★
    if you flip a coin you have 50% chance of it landing on heads.....that does not mean if you flip it 100 times it will be 50% heads and 50% tails as each flip has a 50% chance