**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam we will need some information for season 2.

RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Many alliances just got their rating adjusted for account sharing. This is great and thank you.

However, a leader may not know an account is being piloted (outside of the alliance pilot). If this happens the alliance will suffer, and have no way of knowing who to kick to fix the problem.

There has to be some way for an alliance leader to find out those who pay for outside help account sharing or have more nefarious motivations.

An account could be purchased by a competing alliance, and get a put into my alliance to cause war rating adjustments to happen to my alliance throughout the season.

You may think this isn't a likely scenario, but you'd also think one person playing hundreds of accounts every way isn't likely as well, and that happened.

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    If the account who is sharing is banned we would know, but if not we still need a way to know. Please Kabam you are our only hope. :innocent:
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That would probably put the kibosh on the whole privacy thing, wouldn't it? Lol.
    That would probably put the kibosh on the whole privacy thing, wouldn't it? Lol.

If an alliance mate gets banned their privacy is already gone. We just need that privacy safety net to go away a little sooner. Yes, it goes against their current policy, but their current policy doesn't allow for corrective action by an alliance, unfortunately.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Yeah because slippery slope! I for one would call that karma in the scenarios presented.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Seriously Kabam is setting up a system right now that cheating in war only gets a slap on the wrist. If you have a history of cheating I really don't care about your privacy, you should be gone. I tend to think occasionally sharing an account is fine and different than piloting but mods and hacks should receive a permanent ban. Hackers ruin the integrity of the game and Kabams name. Anything less than a ban will encourage more cheating.
    To the OP point, yes a temporary ban or something needs to be done when a war rating is reduced so that leadership can take appropriate action. If not chances are it will happen again and probably destroy an alliance, people will leave to get away from the cheater instead of him/her being kicked.
    Really hoping to hear something soon. Season has started, and at any moment any alliance could get a deduction without knowing why.
    That's not a BS line at all. Do you know what community you're in? Home of the Linch Mob. Lol.
    If season 2 is going to work the alliance will have to know immediately who cheated and who to kick. If all kabam does is take some AW rating away then they will keep cheating and the alliance will fail @GroundedWisdom.

The privacy thing will be used as an excuse to make an alliance fail in season 2. People will do whatever they can to win. If the leaders of an alliance have no way of correcting an issue guess what it doesn't get corrected. If the account gets banned and it's not at the last war of the week, then that player will not place new defense and will lose an alliance 2 wars instead of 1. This is unacceptable in a competitive environment.
    Public Shamings are not at all copacetic with a respectful atmosphere. Regardless of whether they're cheating or not, and I don't condone it, putting them on display is about the farthest thing from helpful as you can get. Especially when we're dealing with a game that has people connecting on a personal level. It's their responsibility to police people. Opening up the confidentiality just opens the door to people smearing others, both in-game and on other platforms like Reddit. It also opens up the possibility of arguing over actions taken, what should and should not be more severe (as we have seen with a more public case), and a whole other list of problems. Calling people out is no better than any other inappropriate behaviour. This whole campaign on cheating because of Seasons is becoming worse, and the last thing we need is to encourage more of it. We don't need to crucify and display people for breaking the rules. They're doing their job at it, and becoming stricter in some areas. Privacy is not some useless, arbitrary rule. It prevents a bad situation from becoming much worse.
    Yeah we need to hear from Kabam. I don’t agree with anything groundedwisdom says. If he had some way of providing corrective action then I’d care, but the whole we’d shame him thing is a bad arguement.

@Kabam Miike will alliances have anyway of knowing who is causing AW penalties so corrective action can be taken?
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    You guys get played like fools every time. Wonder who’s gonna be the first one to lose control and take the bait.

There’s nothing convincing any of you can say to prevent what is going on in here, so have some self-control and pretend it’s all written in invisible ink.
    Yeah I'm not commenting to get a reaction at all. That's my view. You can agree or disagree, but if you're implying I try to trap people into some kind of argument, you would be wrong. I happen to support not blasting people, for many reasons. None of which have anything to do with me breaking the rules, or supporting people who do. It's not up to us to enact Social Justice.
    Fact of the matter is, Account Sharing has been going on a long time, but it's always been against the rules. It's no secret when people have been doing it. It really shouldn't come as a surprise. Anytime someone provides their Login Info to someone else, that qualifies.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Edit.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Guy_Noir wrote: »
    Defending cheaters? No. Defending the process of allowing them to deal with their own game instead of turning it into a Mussolini situation, yes. It's getting worse and worse. Half the people who lose a War now are suspicious of cheating. Regardless of what they do, they still have the same right to privacy. Let the team do their job instead of asking the townsfolk to grab torches and head to the Bell Tower. Respecting privacy is not the same as justifying their behaviour. There is a difference.

So @GroundedWisdom you believe that if an alliance gets penalized for the actions of a cheater the cheater deserves privacy and the alliance should have no idea who caused the penalty? No recourse to prevent it from happening again?

Well,Yeah.If the cheater also got penalized,It's already breaking "privacy",And there is no "quantifiable amount" of which "privacy violation" increases,

So,There there is no reason they should punish allies and not tell the leader they cheated.
    The Alliance is being taxed because they all benefitted from the rules being broken. When one or more people cheat in War, everyone reaps the Rewards. As for knowing, it's not hard to single them out, if they aren't already aware. Unless it's a total mishmash of people who never communicate at all. It's quite simple. Peer pressure works wonders. Remind people that using 3rd-Party Software, and sharing Login Information is against the rules. Eventually the rest of the Ally will get fed up and remind those involved as well. However, I have my doubts that these cases are all as unbeknownst as they appear. Chances are, it's no secret. Perhaps in some cases, but not as many as are claiming. Regardless, I do not support revealing information on actions taken no matter the intentions. It just turns into a Pandora's Box.
  • UrrymonsterUrrymonster Posts: 69
    One thing to consider... the offender themselves may not even realise they are at fault (or if they get a ban, "why"). So this player may continue to offend, without realising and repeatedly get the Alliance in trouble.

I appreciate the legal standing, but there does need to be some way to increase the visibility for alliance leaders to know what the offence was, even if they offender themselves isn't revealed.
This discussion has been closed.