**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam we will need some information for season 2.

Comments

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    The Alliance is being taxed because they all benefitted from the rules being broken. When one or more people cheat in War, everyone reaps the Rewards. As for knowing, it's not hard to single them out, if they aren't already aware. Unless it's a total mishmash of people who never communicate at all. It's quite simple. Peer pressure works wonders. Remind people that using 3rd-Party Software, and sharing Login Information is against the rules. Eventually the rest of the Ally will get fed up and remind those involved as well. However, I have my doubts that these cases are all as unbeknownst as they appear. Chances are, it's no secret. Perhaps in some cases, but not as many as are claiming. Regardless, I do not support revealing information on actions taken no matter the intentions. It just turns into a Pandora's Box.

Why do you keep going on the assumption that it is easy to know who "pilots" or cheats.
    Someone had to know something. It's not hard to tell. People talk. People brag. The first sign for me would be if someone is clearing Bosses and Nodes without losing Health, or if they don't communicate at all.

A simple removal from the alliance is enough, now it would be the alliance's choice to invite that player again.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Account Sharing is not new. Not at all. The fact that they're coming down harder on it is. Let's face it. The conversation is so sheepish we could serve it with Mint Sauce. Lol. We're talking about Account Sharing. That doesn't have to involve a Merc. Exchanging Login Information has been going on a long, long time and has been equally-against the rules. Sharing implies more than one person is aware of it, and if you're talking in terms of using a Merc, they're no doubt completely aware of what they're doing. Things don't happen in my Ally without me knowing. 99% sure I'm aware of what goes on. We talk. Removing them would break privacy, yes. You're also assuming it was one, rather than multiple. What would they do, remove everyone? No. Eventually, people will get the point that cheating costs.
    Account Sharing is not new. Not at all. The fact that they're coming down harder on it is. Let's face it. The conversation is so sheepish we could serve it with Mint Sauce. Lol. We're talking about Account Sharing. That doesn't have to involve a Merc. Exchanging Login Information has been going on a long, long time and has been equally-against the rules. Sharing implies more than one person is aware of it, and if you're talking in terms of using a Merc, they're no doubt completely aware of what they're doing. Things don't happen in my Ally without me knowing. 99% sure I'm aware of what goes on. We talk. Removing them would break privacy, yes. You're also assuming it was one, rather than multiple. What would they do, remove everyone? No. Eventually, people will get the point that cheating costs.

Arguing with you is like arguing with a blunt arrow.There's no point

That all depends on the points being made.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

So if someone is account sharing an gets the alliance war rating dropped an kabam doesn't ban or inform the leader, then this could keep happening despite the other 29 people being unaware who it is an wanting that person gone. It's not fair that person could still be allowed to play an cause that Alliance to have their war rating dropped multiple times during a season.

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Why are you guys laying down logical arguments in this forum? Common sense has no place here.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Why are you guys laying down logical arguments in this forum? Common sense has no place here.

Uncommon sense doesn't either.

We're screwed
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Part of me feels like you guys are taking this wayyyy too serious..
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »

Yeah, some of us are competitive. Some of us know what has been happening in this game. Some of us know what lengths others will go to to win.

So, these are all very real issues.

We had a guy we just invited to our alliance get a 3 day ban, but no one knew he was banned till we had already matched. For our first war of the season we will have to win by 2 deaths. At the peak levels of AW 2 deaths is a lot. No one knew he was cheating, and no one in the alliance would have been ok with him cheating, but the whole alliance is punished because of a flawed policy.

See now we all know who cheated, but we had to waste time figuring it out. He has no privacy on the matter anymore, so why delay the transfer of that information to leadership. There's no reason to do it this way. BTW no one flamed or called out this guy, we simply kicked him and moved on.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

No it's pretty relevant to this season because one or two losses could swing tiers around around a lot. Especially with the multipliers being adjusted to make the tiers even closer.

Also, not being able to tell who account shares is not blind leadership. Someone could be account sharing for months in AW and leadership could have no way of knowing because it's simply how it has looked the entire time.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    @Riegel @Ultimatheory

Hmmm I see. I think i cant relate because of the tier i am in (2100 War rating). You cant really tell if alliances are piloting cause deaths range from usually 25-50 even with full diversity on both sides. Maybe if i was in the top 200 I would see it more. So my apologies lol

Now that i think about it it can be an issue. If you have an ally where not one person is piloting, then you bring in a few new guys and you have no idea they are doing it that is definitely concerning because one persons mishaps shouldnt affect the entire alliance. Especially if you guys didnt know about it. Idk how kabam could fix this but i agree its def worth looking into like yesterday.
    @Riegel @Ultimatheory

Hmmm I see. I think i cant relate because of the tier i am in (2100 War rating). You cant really tell if alliances are piloting cause deaths range from usually 25-50 even with full diversity on both sides. Maybe if i was in the top 200 I would see it more. So my apologies lol

Now that i think about it it can be an issue. If you have an ally where not one person is piloting, then you bring in a few new guys and you have no idea they are doing it that is definitely concerning because one persons mishaps shouldnt affect the entire alliance. Especially if you guys didnt know about it. Idk how kabam could fix this but i agree its def worth looking into like yesterday.

Exactly and some in the top tiers have multiple top tier accounts. Whats to stop them from planting one of their accounts in a competitors alliance and account share it in order to cause their competitors to drop war tiers.

Anyone who cheats needs to be admin removed from the alliance, and unable to join a new alliance for the length of their ban. Leadership having to wait to see who doesn't place defense after a match has already been found is very damaging.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Dude, you have to be joking. You have no idea what can happen in this game. Any one unskilled person can join a high AW alliance for rewards and just pay a merc. This one unskilled guy can cost an alliance multiple wars without the alliance being able to make any corrective action. There is NO WAY to tell who is violating the rules.

You think you know everything that happens, but you don't. There is no way of knowing.

It is the responsibility of leadership to make the alliance work. This can not be done without knowing who is costing them wars. This season will be a circus if leadership isn't allowed to take corrective actions, it would be a huge mistake.

No response to this statement is sign language for “stop using facts against me”
    They don't discuss any actions taken. That rule is across the board. That's not likely going to change exclusively for Leaders. The ways that can go wrong are many.
    edited May 2018
    I highly doubt these cases are the result of one person alone. It's possible, but not likely that only one is the reason.
    It's the responsibility of the Leader to make it known that the actions of one or more people are costing the Ally. If it's never addressed, then that's just blind leadership.

Ok here’s a situation for you, your alliance goes through a big reshuffle, now you’ve got a bunch of new guys in aswell as some original guys.
    As the leader you personally refuse to pilot anyone else, and expect everyone to handle their own accounts.
    But suddenly after a war you receive the cryptic message about how someone cheated (we shall go with account sharing) but who was it? Sure you’re the leader however you made sure to inform people that there would be no piloting and everyone agreed to this upon joining.
    So, who’s being piloted?
    That scrub that can’t clear uncollected but destroys AW?
    Those 2 guys you brought in as a pair? Maybe they play for each other when the other is busy.
    What about that group of 3 you also brought in?
    Or perhaps it’s that group of 5 that have been around for months and formed a really close bond with each other, and one of them had to disappear for a family emergency and asked one of the others to finish their AW line?

Without the leader knowing who it was, how can they boot out the one that broke the rules? And don’t say boot the lot as that gives your alliance a terrible reputation and destroys any chance of being reasonably competitive in Season 2, will pretty much kill the alliance off entirely tbh.
    One thing at a time. If the Alliance took on new people, it would be easy to deduce. Would I boot the new people? In a heartbeat, if my Alliance was losing Rating because of cheating. First, I would try to have a conversation with them. If it wasn't acknowledged, or if it happened again, "Bye Felicia". Those are the decisions you need to make to keep your Ally safe.
    There are no justifiable excuses to Account Sharing. I've known my guys for a long time. I know when they came and what they're capable of. Sure, we're not the top of any Leaderboards. We aren't getting top Rewards. We have lives, and we respect that. Some weeks we don't even have time to finish an AQ Map or two. However, we've been there for each other through divorce, relationships, emergencies, jobs, connect on other Social Media, support each other, get frustrated with each other, all the things a family does. We play honestly, with integrity and to the best of what we have time and energy for, and anything we earn is legit. We live first, play second, and we have each others' backs before any Rewards. If that's the trade-off for not being on top, I'll take it any day.
    If any one of those people were cheating, I'd have no issues booting them. I know what goes on in my Ally. I don't care if I add 10 new people. If it didn't stop, I'd let them go one by one until it did.
    The fact is, I'm not convinced those scenarios are what is occurring for the most part. Account Sharing has been going on a long time in some Allies. Whether it's to Pilot, or move people when they're not around, people know what's up. Allies talk to each other, and anyone that doesn't communicate at all is a sign they're not a good fit either way in my eyes. Communication is key in an Ally. As a Leader, you have to have communication, and you have to know what goes on in your Ally. That's what being a Leader is all about. Sure, you can open an Ally and let people run amok, but you essentially open things like that up to happen.
    Irregardless, I do not support notifying Leaders who the people responsible are. That would do more harm than good.
    Riegel wrote: »
    Dude, you have to be joking. You have no idea what can happen in this game. Any one unskilled person can join a high AW alliance for rewards and just pay a merc. This one unskilled guy can cost an alliance multiple wars without the alliance being able to make any corrective action. There is NO WAY to tell who is violating the rules.

You think you know everything that happens, but you don't. There is no way of knowing.

It is the responsibility of leadership to make the alliance work. This can not be done without knowing who is costing them wars. This season will be a circus if leadership isn't allowed to take corrective actions, it would be a huge mistake.

No response to this statement is sign language for “stop using facts against me”

I was playing the game, and doing things at home. It's a thing I like to do when I'm waiting for my Forum Energy to refill.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Bad news, years of evidence shows that unless you record a 3 star taking down a fully noded boss, they're not willing/ able to pinch modders in war as easily as they do in LOL/5.2.6/Challenges/EQs. Its the one arena (other than arenas) where the defenders are variable, versus all other fights where the stats are set and all damage variations can be accounted for. Since smart modders only use selectively in war, mixing in legit play with second devices, they're unlikely to be caught.

I posted an update on this situation shortly after my 1st post. Alliance mates sent in substantial evidence, Kabam decided it was enough to take off 300 points from our opponent’s war rating and at least temporarily ban 90% of their members.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Okay good to know some 1000 war rating alliances don’t pilot (shocker) because their leader is facebook friends with everyone that is a great story.

Most alliances that got hit know exactly why they got hit, especially the more established alliances. There is no one in the top 100 scratching their heads to why they got hit with a war reduction warning. There are probably only a handful of cases where alliance leadership has truly no idea of why they were punished. But in the sake of fairness and thoroughness, if Kabam can punish for crimes then they need to allow alliances to redeem themselves and be clear on where the violation occurred. In other games where similar things have happened, individual accounts have been banned or suspended temporarily and alliances can identify where they went wrong right away. Again most alliances know what they did to get punished, but if Kabam is going to go down this route then they need to do it the right way and reveal which accounts were found to be in violation privately to the alliance leader.
    Okay good to know some 1000 war rating alliances don’t pilot (shocker) because their leader is facebook friends with everyone that is a great story.

Most alliances that got hit know exactly why they got hit, especially the more established alliances. There is no one in the top 100 scratching their heads to why they got hit with a war reduction warning. There are probably only a handful of cases where alliance leadership has truly no idea of why they were punished. But in the sake of fairness and thoroughness, if Kabam can punish for crimes then they need to allow alliances to redeem themselves and be clear on where the violation occurred. In other games where similar things have happened, individual accounts have been banned or suspended temporarily and alliances can identify where they went wrong right away. Again most alliances know what they did to get punished, but if Kabam is going to go down this route then they need to do it the right way and reveal which accounts were found to be in violation privately to the alliance leader.

Yea, punishment is needed, and alliances NEED to know how to remedy the situation.

Anyone who says Kabam doesn't need to provide alliance with information for corrective action isn't in the game for competition, and thus shouldn't comment on things related to the competitive nature of this game mode :smile:
    People can comment on anything on the Forum. As for competitive, clearly it's too competitive if people are cheating. Say what you want, my house is clean.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    As for competitive, clearly it's too competitive if people are cheating.

I can't argue with that. In much the same way I can't argue with a bag of pistachio nuts.

The implication was that I wasn't qualified to comment because I'm not playing competitively. I was highlighting the fact that the extremity of competitiveness is the reason we are discussing the issue in the first place. I'm competitive. I'm just not willing to break the rules to get there. It's the usual attempt to disqualify based on position in the game. I was making a point when discussing my own Ally. It was bypassed with the usual pointed quips.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Y'all are arguing with brick walls,Better give up before its too late.
This discussion has been closed.