**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Specials Getting Blocked?

AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
Anyone else having this issue? For me, it is mainly with my 5* Angela. She goes into a special and the opponent automatically starts blocking during???

Comments

• Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    after a combo too right?
    yup always happens to me too
  • Options
    EmmanuelcoastEmmanuelcoast Posts: 170
    yup same here
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    This has been an issue for well over a year now. It seems inconsistent though. Sometimes I don't experience it for several weeks, then I can't get away from it.

The way I work around it is to not use specials immediately after a 5 hit combo. Parry-M-L-Special works every time.
  • Options
    It has cost me many a fight and with my top player. Very frustrating...
  • Options
    muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227
    its any champ with a 2 part special.. this has been happening to me with thor. sparky and GG
  • Options
    muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227
    its any champ with a 2 part special.. this has been happening to me with thor. sparky and GG
  • Options
    Loken4000Loken4000 Posts: 83
    Yeah my Dormammu kept getting blocked on SP2, I thought I was just being slow but I guess now that I’ve met others who are also slow we can claim it’s a glitch
  • Options
    MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Yes its been happening a lot and especially in dungeons. I figured i will just have to work around it considering it took like it feels like a year to fix just CM's sp2 being blocked.
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Yup
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Yeah I am havingthis. I need to start ending combos earlier to make sure I don’t get specials blocked.
  • Options
    Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Angela in particular, but if does rarely happen to the majority of my other champs, Blade, Void, Magik sp2, Ronan Sp2, Archangel, Iceman, the list goes on to pretty much every champ i own.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    This has been an issue for well over a year now. It seems inconsistent though. Sometimes I don't experience it for several weeks, then I can't get away from it.

The way I work around it is to not use specials immediately after a 5 hit combo. Parry-M-L-Special works every time.

I do basically the same. I'll only fire a special as an intercept or will do a medium-SP.

And honestly, unless I need the benefits from a special attack (like Yondu's heal block or Magik's power lock), I don't use specials very often.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/bBtCeIeOHQA

This bug used to occur only after chaining special attacks after finish combos. Now it can happen if you try to chain special attacks mid-combo.
  • Options

This bug used to occur only after chaining special attacks after finish combos. Now it can happen if you try to chain special attacks mid-combo.

Yes i have seen that too.
    Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    Angela in particular, but if does rarely happen to the majority of my other champs, Blade, Void, Magik sp2, Ronan Sp2, Archangel, Iceman, the list goes on to pretty much every champ i own.

I have also noticed it with Ronans sp2. As a duped 5*, he is also one of my top champs. Argh!

@kabammike
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    can we get an update on this?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Been like this for a long time, I only use specials after the second light attack or wait for a parry/stun.