**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The_Rikerp wrote: »
    TheBlet wrote: »
    They arent saying anything. I bet iphone 6 will soon be getting the axe.

not Likely, since there are problems with players who have the iphone 8.
    I have an iPhone X, and I have problems too.

Widespread overheating is a huge red flag that something is wrong with the game. It is not a problem on iPhone 6s themselves. I had one for years. The code seems to be in a terrible state. That is most likely what is causing all of these timing and control issues. It has been building up for at least year, but the problem was ignored. Now it is going to take a major effort for them to clean it up before it is too late, if it isn’t already.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Update 18.0.1 did resolve some issues but nothing was done for the constant lag and overheating. ios 11.3.1. lags in all aspect of the game. Device gets really hot after 3-4 fights. Controls are shady.
  • BsnsMarkyBsnsMarky Posts: 4
    Iphone6
    iOS 11.3
    Wifi and cellular
    Affects all areas of play for me

Issues:
    Very large lag time at the beginning of every fight. Sometimes it smooths out mid fight. But the final hit or few hits it will lag again and skip frames of animation.
    Overheats my phone in just a half hour or less. Seems like the lag gets greater as the phone heats up.
    Loading screen is extremely slow. Most noticeably in dungeons. When I finish a fight, the load screen can be long enough that my partner has already finished their next fight before the map pops back up on my phone.
    Champion stand still mid combo. I usually use med light light light light. On the third hit usually, my champion just stand still until I get hit or evade back. Happens once or twice a day. Would estimate 1/50 fights.
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    iPhone 7
    Latest iOS
    Latest version of the game
    All game modes
    Cellular data
    Constant issue “connecting to network”
  • TJSemlohTJSemloh Posts: 2
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.2.1
    Cellular or WiFi: I use AT&T Unlimited Data but it also happens when I'm on WiFi just as ofter.
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: All game modes, story, event quest, AQ, AW, Arena.
    Description of the Issue:

I can play for about 10 minutes and it's great. Then I start getting a bit lower framerate but nothing that really messes me up. Then I notice the phone gets really hot and it will just get frozen for a second or two. This is a minor annoyance when navigating the menus but during an AW fight it's almost a guaranteed fight loss because you don't know when it's going to un-freeze. I can usually play for about 10 more minutes before it starts getting too laggy to play. If I exit out of the game and set the phone down for about 5 minutes, it will then be fine for another 5-10 minutes.

I don't know how you can keep making the game so difficult know that the harder the game the more lag and device heat that happens and the more I get killed because of lag and freezing. So fun dying and spending money to play...great strategy to steal from your customers.
  • Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    I have the same lag issues and battery over heating after 15 minutes of play. I have an iPhone 6 that is 2 years old with the latest iOS update. The video is very short but it displays the problem event without showing a fight.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ri0wbtAnMO4
  • NemoreNemore Posts: 9
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 18.0.1
    Game Mode: Most recent occurrence (and most frequent) is in Alliance Quest, but also happens in Event Quest.
    Description of the Issue: My alliance runs map 5. Day 3 of AQ, I had no issues with any fights on the map until the boss fight with Dormammu. It always seems to happen with the boss fight. I was using Red Hulk for the first fight and right out of the gate I get lag and choppy game-play to the point where I have to just block and hope that the game smooths out before he throws a heavy attack. Second fight, using X23, same deal.. lag at the start of the fight and persists for about 20-30 seconds. The lag affects the timing on parries and evades making it impossible to play the game with any finesse. I just don't understand how all the fights can be fine up until Dormammu. I alway make sure no apps are running in the background during AQ and AW, so in theory, all fights should be consistent in terms of my phone.
  • Macdaddy_o wrote: »
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Carrier is Verizon
    Game Version Installed: 18.0.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The game runs fine for the first 15-20 minutes, or over the first 3-5 battles. After that, the phone begins heating up excessively, the load screens start taking longer and the spinner halting/stopping, the fight start sequence will freeze and the first 10-15 seconds of the fight will be jerky and laggy. After a 15-20 minute period of this, the performance degrades even further with frames being skipped, freezing, unresponsive controls, etc. If I force close the application and re-launch it, the process will start over again. In addition, the battery drains at an alarming rate with 80% of the battery, which was just replaced, being drained in one hour of usage.

This began happening with the release from late February/early March, but back then, it would take 20+ battles for it to get to the unusable standpoint; and my battery, even though it was older, would not be drained so fast.

The performance degradation has been progressively worse, with the game becoming near unusable at this point.

the same for me. iphone 6 IOS 11 (latest version)
  • ImpalerImpaler Posts: 28
    Ipad2
    Lastest iOS and game version running on wifi.
    Game crashes mainly on the fight loading screen in every game mode
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    So it appears all the older apple devices are really suffering now. I wonder if it's from the combination of Apple's 'fixes' for battery issues and the constant increase in AI speed/complexity and graphics of the game? I mean, if these two things are enough to cause iphone 7/8 and brand new ipad pro's to behave poorly, it only makes sense that it would be much worse on the older devices right?

That said, Android devices obviously don't have any battery issue fixes like the apple devices but yet there's a thread identical to this one where Android users are having similar issues... hmmmm...
  • EmmanuelcoastEmmanuelcoast Posts: 170
    iPhone 8+
    Version 18.0.1
    Both cellular and WiFi it’s been cutting roughly, lagging, blocks and dexterity aren’t working
    Game mode is mostly story mode, but I have noticed it in dungeons and AW

• XepherXepher Posts: 17
    iPhone 6
    Version 11.3.1
    Game version 18.0.1
    Both cellular and WiFi

Within minutes of being in game my device is burning up, really bad too. Feel it mostly started with this game version. Heat wise. Lag has been around for me for months. Brand new battery installed not even 2 months ago
  • BnB15BnB15 Posts: 2
    Device/ Model: Iphone6
    Device OS: 11.3.1
    Cellular/ WiFi: Both
    Game Version: 18.0.1
    Game Mode: Dungeons, Events, AQ & AW
    Description of issue: The start of every fight is so laggy I can’t operate throughout the fight it will smooth out some but seems like as soon as I’m not expecting in the fight it will happen again! Seems to be the harder the fight the more lag and failure in mechanics happen. Dungeons is a good example 1st room might start off ok but I should never go into room 4 or 5 cause at the start of every fight I can’t even block! Really struggling at the moment to compete in harder fights, makes it really irritating even playing! Have used all my revives and heals trying to deal with the issue but at the point now to where I am getting so frustrated I won’t attempt a harder level and getting to the point I’m losing interest in the game as a whole! Don’t get me wrong I love the game but when it becomes more frustrating than fun why put myself through that when a game is supposed to be fun!
  • KannyKanny Posts: 1
    Iphone 5s
    Cellular4g and also wifi
    Updated game version
    Problem in all game modes
  • Loken4000Loken4000 Posts: 83
    edited May 2018
    Device: iPhone SE
    Operating System: iOS 11.3.1
    Connection: Issue occurred on cellular (Virgin Media) but I have not been able to test on WiFi
    Game Mode: Event Quest (Trial of Omnipotence in particular)

Description of Issue: Sporadic champion movements and sensitivity issues, as well as rapid A.I recovery to block Special Two. Champions will dash forwards at the slightest movement of my thumb whilst blocking. Whilst blocking my champions will also randomly throw a light attack without me touching the screen. Dashing backwards is slow so it becomes extremely hard to evade the A.I’s medium dashes with Dexterity. Most annoying is the A.I’s recovery speed when blocking a Special 2. I will finish a 5 hit combo with a medium and trigger my Special 2 only for the A.I to immediately block it. This only occurred to me in the Trials of The Mad Titan and only appeared to happen 50% of the time. It happened most often whilst I was playing with Dormammu and Star-Lord.
  • YannisxYannisx Posts: 12
    edited May 2018
    Device and Model: iPad Pro 10.5 (2017)

Device Operating System: iOS 11.3.1 (latest)

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi (24 Mbps connection)

Game Version Installed: Version 18.0.1 (845756)

Game Mode: Event Quest: Infinity Nightmare (Master Mode) against 1st Thanos.

Description of the Issue: while I was playing “Infinity Nightmare” (Master Mode) against 1st Thanos...the game started lagging after the animation of Thanos 2nd phase.

Unecceptable!
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Device and Model: iPad Air
    Device Operating System: 11.2.6
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Event quest, arena, alliance quest, alliance war
    Description of the Issue: The game has an insane amount of lag at random times. It has crashed twice in an hour. In aq and arena.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    Game Mode: Event quest, arena, alliance quest, alliance war
    Description of the Issue: The game has an insane amount of lag at random times. It has crashed twice in an hour. In aq and arena.

Make that 3 crashes in 2 hours
  • insanegleeinsaneglee Posts: 39
    I notice my iPhone overheat much faster in manual mode than auto mode.
    I’m starting to think that the problem is not my phone, maybe it is just something wrong with the game.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★

Device Operating System: iOS 10.3.3

Cellular or WiFi: Both. My wifi speeds are always over 30 Mbps and my cellular are around 15 Mbps

Game Mode: This happens in every mode - Arena/Story/Dungeons/etc

Description of the Issue: After the 18.0.1 upgrade I have experienced very frequent crashes. I purposely close out all other apps before playing and it still crashes all the time. Prior to the recent upgrade, it rarely crashed, now it is common place and 90% of the time it cuts my life in 1/2. Very frustrating. For a solid hour of game play it usually crashes 1-2 times.

In addition to the crashing, I also experience a slight lag...almost as if a few frames go missing. This is more pronounced when my phone starts heating up after long game play.
  • insanegleeinsaneglee Posts: 39
    Lg g2 - lag, but it still playable
    iPhone SE and moto x play, it’s not possible to play after 10 minutes
    iPad Air 2 - lag after 30min
    iPhone 7+ eventually lag some times
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Iphone 6+
    Newest game and phone updates

Game becomes very laggy if phone was not restarted immediately before a fight. Very laggy if I try to play while charging. I just uninstalled the game and will be moving on now since I can't afford to buy a new phone every 6 months to play this.
  • henrieshenries Posts: 63
    edited May 2018
    iPad Air 2
    Latest os 11.3
    The a.i has an insane recovery time, can’t chain specials coz they always get blocked and take a kill combo in the face.
    Latest version of the game
  • JstewJstew Posts: 46
    edited May 2018
    Game Mode: Event quest, arena, alliance quest
    Issues: Loss of control all champs, dropped block or no block, wont strike dash back but will walk right into a KO. Same issue I had 3 months ago returned right after server maintenance May 15th, game unplayable. Just curious how issue could be resolved then return months later.
  • The_RikerpThe_Rikerp Posts: 59
    Update: running latest version of game and iOS. Game is still lagging/skipping frames. I’m just wondering how long this is going to continue before something more is done to fix it? The game is becoming unplayable, at least for me. 3 months ago, I could play for 6 hours and I never had these issues. Now I have issues on every fight. Some sort of update on these issues would be appreciated.
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    Device Operating System: 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Game runs pretty well in the morning and get progressively worse. Slow to load fights (twice as long as my iPhone SE), pauses during specials, lag against bigger characters (dormammu), almost always play on my iPhone SE because it runs much smoother.
This discussion has been closed.