**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RNG Frustration

KyuffKyuff Posts: 43
Finally got my 8th 5*. Pulled Yellow Jacket!

Now he can sit in the corner and collect dust with Spider-Gwen, Symbiote and Magneto

Out of the 8 only Hela seems a decent pull. 3 Cosmic, 3 Science, a mutant and a skill.

I just wish there where a bit more control of what you got.

Oh well, another couple of months for me to collect another one... :)

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Yj is a decent defender when duped
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I like using him against the SP1 nodes. Spam your SP1 to get the Power Sting activated, then let the AI kill themselves when they fire theirs.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    That sucks. Sure yellowjacket is a decent defender, but no one really gets excited to pull a defensive champion. I would love to get hela tho, there are insane gameplay vids out there with her + cosmic supremacy synergy. Who are your other 5*?
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    I have always had terrible RNG luck. I mitigated it on the past by running lots of arena for good basic champs. Now that is not an option for 5*, so I just open my Collosi and Groots and say “On to the next one”.

I have 30 5* and nearly every stinker you can name: IM, HB, SIM, IP. Hmmm, seeing a pattern there lol. And Spider-Gwen, Collosus, Groot, KK, Ant-Man. Then a ton of mediocre champs that will never get past r2 max.

Upside: At least pulling that basura again gets me 6* shards and it can only go up from here.
  • Hela is great. Doesn’t need to be awakened. I think a lot of people forgot about how good hela’s synergies are when used in an asguardian team synergy. If you have a 4* Loki, awaken him and throw him in a team with that hela.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Yj is a decent defender when duped

Yellowjacket is also a decent attacker. I seem to recall that there was a LoL run with YJ back in the day. Obviously he's not a top tier attacker (and never was) but shelving him to wait indefinitely for a top tier attacker is a completely optional choice by a player.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Yellow Jacket has been the only 5* I’ve pulled that I’m actually going to R3. Compared to my other 5* pulls; YJ is god tier.

Colossus, Cyclops, She Hulk and Groot are my only other 5* champions.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    FR33_HUG5 wrote: »
    Yellow Jacket has been the only 5* I’ve pulled that I’m actually going to R3. Compared to my other 5* pulls; YJ is god tier.

Colossus, Cyclops, She Hulk and Groot are my only other 5* champions.

With these awful pulls I am sure you love the grind and effort to get them. Thanks for playing!
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    YJ has decent damage and can be annoying on defense. With symb spidey you can stack armor breaks, and unleash his s2(it's a guaranteed crit). Hela...oh she is one of the best LoL champs out there, congrats!
  • KyuffKyuff Posts: 43
    taojay1 wrote: »
    That sucks. Sure yellowjacket is a decent defender, but no one really gets excited to pull a defensive champion. I would love to get hela tho, there are insane gameplay vids out there with her + cosmic supremacy synergy. Who are your other 5*?

I got:

Hulk 2/35
    Spider-Gwen 1/25
    Yellow Jacket 1/25

Hela 3/45
    Symbiote 1/25
    Cpt Marvel 1/25

Black Panther (original) 2/35

Magneto 1/25

All unduped.

• BrandJennBrandJenn Posts: 145
    YJ is a tank. He’s a health and crit rate machine that doesn’t need to be awakened for offense. If you can’t use a 5* YJ then you have a lot to learn
    AND you have a 5* symbiote spidey... AND you’re complaining? Rack up the heavies and build up armor breaks, unleash the sp2. Learn how to use the heroes you got
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    YJ is an underrated attacker. Having him duped could really come in handy.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Kyuff wrote: »
    Finally got my 8th 5*. Pulled Yellow Jacket!

Now he can sit in the corner and collect dust with Spider-Gwen, Symbiote and Magneto

Out of the 8 only Hela seems a decent pull. 3 Cosmic, 3 Science, a mutant and a skill.

I just wish there where a bit more control of what you got.

Oh well, another couple of months for me to collect another one... :)

I would not leave symboit spider in dust as he is one of the hardest hitter and armour breaker where they are valuable against sentinels and AI depend on armour up abilities like colossus on miniboss nodes in aq

I wouldn't leave yj or symbiote in the dust.
    Dear OP
    If the u thinks they suck then ur standard of good is so high u are almost guaranteed dissapointment the point is lower ur standards and figure out how to use some of these pretty good champions u think suck because they don't (talking to the op btw)
  • KyuffKyuff Posts: 43
    That’s fine and all BrandJenn, but ai see it this way:

I got a Cosmic damage dealer in the form of a Hela. She does nicely in that department. Symbiote can do nice damage, but to me, Hela does better.

Same with Yellowjacket. I got Hulk, kinda same niche they fill for a Science champ.

Just frustrating always pulling more of the same, no? :)

Btw, half my 4 stars are skill ...
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    I feel you op i was so thrilled to pull yj as my first 5* but then i was told he needs dupe to be good and all my excitement went down the drain 😢😢😢 and now i have him sitting as r3 5* not awakened bcoz i only have 2 5* science champ other being she hulk(no way i am ranking her up).
    Kyuff wrote: »
    That’s fine and all BrandJenn, but ai see it this way:

I got a Cosmic damage dealer in the form of a Hela. She does nicely in that department. Symbiote can do nice damage, but to me, Hela does better.

Same with Yellowjacket. I got Hulk, kinda same niche they fill for a Science champ.

Just frustrating always pulling more of the same, no? :)

Btw, half my 4 stars are skill ...

So... having 2 good science 5* and 2 good cosmic 5* is a problem?. Interchangeable useful champs with quests/AW/AQ...

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I actually took my unduped YJ to R3 for arena synergy with my 5* Ultron. Don’t regret it and will be even happier when I dupe him. Even unduped, he does well at laying stun traps for mystics in arena.

Would I put him in my primary questing team? No, because I happen to have a strong set of attackers. But YJ is hardly a bad pull.

Dr. Zola
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    YJ isn't a bad pull; but it's a shame his Stings do nothing whatsoever if the opponent won't bait, though. If he was generated these days, wouldn't you expect some extra effect?

Thoughts -

1 - Each Sting reduces X by 10-15%

Where X = power gain, ability accuracy, Attack, Physical Resistance, Regeneration, buff duration...

2 - Opponents cannot trigger X effects whilst Power Sting is in effect

X = Power Gain, Regeneration, Fury

3 - Each Sting destroys 1 armour effect when it is placed.

4 - Each Sting increases the chance of the Opponent triggering a Special attack by 10-15%.
  • ACIDUCKACIDUCK Posts: 64
    8 really? ive pulled 26 5* crystals and have gotten the worst of the worst. no one to rank up and have t4ccs & t2alphas expiring. Dont count on anything lol
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Just pulled 5* Antman. Sweet. 😒
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Stees82 wrote: »
    Dude get used to it. That’s kabam for ya. You have to expect to get **** champs most of the time cuz look at how many there is compared to god tier champs

When I see people complain that X-23, Magik, Yellowjacket, Captain Marvel, Hulk, and Quake are not worth ranking up, I conclude that the reason why so many people think most of the champs are worthless is because most players have no idea how valuable any champion actually is.