**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tips on how to use Magik?

I have recently gotten a 4* Magik and know she is good, but how do you use her properly? I could use some pointers.

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Limbo is your best friend when using Magik, I think awakening her would make her even better
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Spam L2

This With using sp2 nonstop they will basically be perma power locked and you can play as aggressive as you want.

Also against champs who have lots of buffs active at once (i.e. Groot, War machine)
    Her sp3 will destroy them
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    She is one of the best power control champs. S2 power locks them and if you play aggressively enough you can keep them power locked.
    SP1 nullifies which is nice for regen champs.
    Awakened she gets limbo every power bar which damages the enemy and heals any dmg taken while in limbo.
    Awakened she’s a pretty good war defender too
  • Avetrex2Avetrex2 Posts: 59
    Ok thank you, I hope I can use her properly!
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Avetrex2 wrote: »
    I have recently gotten a 4* Magik and know she is good, but how do you use her properly? I could use some pointers.

If and when you can afford it, dump mastery points in Mystic Dispersion to accumulate power more quickly when fighting champs that have a debuff. If and when you dupe her you can use her for AW defense as well. She’s great both in attack and defense.

I have an R4 5* Magik with 142 sig.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Check out some videos on YouTube. Normally just powerlock and keep your opponent pinned to the corner.
  • Avetrex2Avetrex2 Posts: 59
    She's trash, sell her. I'll trade you a Jane Foster, she has a hammer.

Magik has a flaming sword, who cares about a hammer then?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Her biggest asset even un-awakened is her reliability.
    She hits hard and crits often
    L1 always nullifies. Great for removing that regen or Armor up or whatever.
    L2 always power drains and power locks and often double crits for huge damage
    L3 does lots of damage when they have a lot of buffs

I usually get set for L2 first, then L1, then L2, then L1 etc.
    Unless they have power gain boost then L2, L2, L2.
    If they are Groot or War Machine L3, done.

You get Awakened and you get regen back and deliver even more energy damage over time.

FYI - Her specials recover dmg lost from Yellow Jacket sting. That's why limbo pops for a second with every special activation! Her special also don;t add to enemy power gain I believe.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited May 2018
    Avetrex2 wrote: »

Only use her when awakened if you have a good roster. Best against Hyperion, really good defender. In general a very well built champion.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Her biggest asset even un-awakened is her reliability.
    She hits hard and crits often
    L1 always nullifies. Great for removing that regen or Armor up or whatever.
    L2 always power drains and power locks and often double crits for huge damage
    L3 does lots of damage when they have a lot of buffs

I usually get set for L2 first, then L1, then L2, then L1 etc.
    Unless they have power gain boost then L2, L2, L2.
    If they are Groot or War Machine L3, done.

You get Awakened and you get regen back and deliver even more energy damage over time.

FYI - Her specials recover dmg lost from Yellow Jacket sting. That's why limbo pops for a second with every special activation! Her special also don;t add to enemy power gain I believe.

This is pretty much all u need to know. She was my 1st r5 and no regrets here (do get some mastery points in MD and she can fire off chained L3s (nullify enough buffs to give you full 3 bars of power) although it might not be completely recommended because the buffs will be gone along with the crazy damage increase. It is great for Evolution trial
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    SKK65 wrote: »
    Magik. A God tier defender. You wanna see the salt from me? Put Magik as the boss. Limbo is like "What? You about killed me with that SP3? You activated it as soon as I started? SYCHE! REGEN FROM THE PITS OF FIRE!" and then I die.
    Limbo destroys all.
    Not a blade